Sign in to follow this  
eveln

To all you young virile sexy people ...

Posted (edited)

You guys are this countries future FFS.

Syphilis will fuck with your mind AND will just ruin your well being, and also the well being of those you bloody care about !!

If you're going to have fun sexy times at the click of an app, be clever about it and keep yourself clean and healthy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-05/are-dating-apps-like-tinder-contributing-to-the-rise-in-stis/10969992

" ...According to national health data from the Kirby Institute's annual report, there was a whopping 100,755 chlamydia notifications in Australia in 2017 — an increase of 13 per cent since 2014.

Three-quarters of these notifications were among young people aged 15-29 years of age.

In the same year there were also more than 28,000 gonorrhoea notifications and over 4,000 syphilis notifications.

State-based statistics show a similar story, with chlamydia figures in Queensland growing from just under 21,000 in 2014 to 23,000 for 2018.

Gonorrhoea increased by 2,000 notifications in four years, while syphilis figures nearly tripled.

While figures have always gradually increased, sexual health experts say along with population growth and diagnostic testing, dating apps and poor sex education are also key contributors. ..."

And if an app is not responsible for your healthy fun loving sexy times, then still be smart enough to realise that the fun will only last as long as your mind and body does !!

Edited by eveln

40 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

*Backs out of thread* 

This does not apply to me, and for this I am thrilled.

Amen.

Although... I did hear that "retirement villiages" are hotspots for STDs. Apparently they do have fucks to give, but not much care the morrow.

🙂

I guess you have probably read the SF take on fantasy dog fights in wheelchairs in a retirement home with a horny old codger as the protagonist Cybes - just wish I could recall the title- missing my library, find it in minutes 🙂

STDs are in many ways a bit of a bogeyman, depends where you live in some respects.

I'd be rather careful in N.Z. no disrespect to the place but a friend of mine who was very sexually active in Oz went down with a full house of venereal this and that in no time over there. Fortunately none of the fatal variety but antibiotics were his best friend for quite a while. Never had a single problem here. It's a rather promiscuous country and in a small population such things spread fast.

Indigenous communities seem to have a similar problem.

If you talk to folks at an STD clinic here though they will tell you that the chance of an infection from a single encounter, in Oz at least, is very small.

Dunno, I've never really been celibate, never had even a hint of anything.

Actually my now N.Z. resident friend aside, I'm not sure I've ever known anyone who has suffered one - a couple of girls who had an encounter with clamidia, which is of course not nice but easily treated. That's it.

Nonetheless being careful is always a good motto.

Cheers

4 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

*Backs out of thread* 

This does not apply to me, and for this I am thrilled.

... but it could apply to your offspring ... one day in the very distant future, that is

I figured there might be a few young lurkers, that are dubious about joining the old fogies society, but still might read  a bit before they leave in fright ;)

It strikes me that these new figures are due to far too much complacency ... bit like anti-vaxxers, people who have not suffered or witnessed the devastation that  can be easily avoided with common sense

9 hours ago, eveln said:

... but it could apply to your offspring ... one day in the very distant future, that is

I figured there might be a few young lurkers, that are dubious about joining the old fogies society, but still might read  a bit before they leave in fright 😉

It strikes me that these new figures are due to far too much complacency ... bit like anti-vaxxers, people who have not suffered or witnessed the devastation that  can be easily avoided with common sense

I have a 13 year old. You have a point.

2 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I have a 13 year old. You have a point.

a horrible result of having sex 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SacrificialNewt said:

Better than an STD

i have a 16 year old (and a 24 year old)

at least you can cure an std

edit : for the record, currently the nomenclature is sti (sexually transmitted illness) - probably "disease" has negative connotations 😛

Edited by scruffy1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

I guess you have probably read the SF take on fantasy dog fights in wheelchairs in a retirement home with a horny old codger as the protagonist Cybes - just wish I could recall the title- missing my library, find it in minutes 🙂

STDs are in many ways a bit of a bogeyman, depends where you live in some respects.

I'd be rather careful in N.Z. no disrespect to the place but a friend of mine who was very sexually active in Oz went down with a full house of venereal this and that in no time over there. Fortunately none of the fatal variety but antibiotics were his best friend for quite a while. Never had a single problem here. It's a rather promiscuous country and in a small population such things spread fast.

Indigenous communities seem to have a similar problem.

If you talk to folks at an STD clinic here though they will tell you that the chance of an infection from a single encounter, in Oz at least, is very small.

Dunno, I've never really been celibate, never had even a hint of anything.

Actually my now N.Z. resident friend aside, I'm not sure I've ever known anyone who has suffered one - a couple of girls who had an encounter with clamidia, which is of course not nice but easily treated. That's it.

Nonetheless being careful is always a good motto.

Cheers

Given the sample size, I think that says more about your friend, than New Zealand.

🙂

Ask a few Kiwis Nich, they seem to pretty much accept STIs as a fact of life in their country.

My friend so far as I know did not change his sexual habits when he moved countries. Around 35 years active in Australia, not a thing, 2 years in NZ daily visitor to the clinic.

Perhaps he was just unlucky but I suspect not.

That I can easily find global comparison statistics are not readily accessible so it's purely an anecdotal opinion.

Cheers

Granted, I don't know lots about life in NZ, but I've never before heard that ^^ said about it ... but since you ( chrisg ) personally feel there's no real need for us to worry here in Aus. then I guess we can all breather easier ... fucksake

• Like 1

I met my wife on tinder in 2017.

We now have a 6wk old son.

So far so good.

There's definitely a danger if you don't take responsibility for yourself.

I think that if the article used percentages of the population it would have more clarity. I think there's more people in the world today than there was a couple years ago as well.

Posted (edited)

🙂

I don't know about that Ev, just never seen anything much here to get worried over.

I've traveled all over the world through most of my life , attitudes to sex vary hugely from country to country but I've never really met women who are quite so open and promiscuous as I have in N.Z. and that includes places like France, Germany and the U.S all of which have a pretty open view on sex in various parts of those countries.

As it happens I've never slept with a New Zealand woman but  I rather vividly recall a sort of Andie McDowell moment in Queenstown over a few pleasant evenings with an assortment of women/girls who were working there for the skiing season. Incredibly open about their sex lives which were certainly very varied. A part of the reason they were there of course was there is not exactly any lack of casual hookups in a thrill-seeker town like Queenstown.

There is however one telling article that I did find in a casual google and it steers back into your call for safe sex whilst also supporting what I've said:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/22444/Kiwi-women-most-promiscuous-in-the-world

Cheers

Oh, I should mention that a doc friend did tell me a few years ago that a large part of the reason that clamydia stats were on the rise is that it has been made a mandatory reporting item for doctors - never used to be. Left undetected it is possible to have no symptoms for years, doesn't make a person non-infectious though.

Edited by chrisg

Not sure what people being, apparently, open and promiscuous, has to do with STI rates (other than celibate populations tend to have 0% rates eventually once they all die)

Posted (edited)

tbh, I thought an increase in STI rates would be to do with individuals not caring, or understanding, about the cleanliness of themselves or their sexual partners.

It would seem that the need for education on hygiene is an ongoing need even in the 21st century.

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

🙂

If you don't fuck you don't catch an STI, vanishingly small possibilities for infection aside, could include the blood transfusion transmission path I suppose.

Perhaps I should have elaborated, to those girls that I spent a couple of evenings chatting to in Queenstown the odd STI was just part of their lifestyle, almost cavalier about it .

An increase in STIs is partly better reporting for sure, also a combination of promiscuity and small populations, one infection gets loose, it spreads. Small Australian country towns show evidence of that. But cleanliness is certainly a factor, without being racist that is part of the reason for the prevalence of STIs in indigenous populations and well demonstrated in Africa.

You could get very anthropological about it, the big ones, syphilis and gonorrhea, were spread by colonisation, originated apparently in Europe. The defining vector for HIV was often referred to as the 747. 

Cheers