Jump to content
SacrificialNewt

It's Compass O'Clock

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

To anyone sitting between the ALP and the LNP, I say the powers that be have you right where they want you. 

 

 

Edited by Kimmo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.  Clearly nothing about failures in methodology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same square as ALP and a smidge to the right for me (although the dots are quite close together). I'm surprised I wasn't closer to the Greens, but then I'm not really very radical. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nich... said:

Yep.  Clearly nothing about failures in methodology.

 

Are you saying, the most powerful agents in our society endeavour to make it what it says on the tin, and most of what's wrong with the world is just down to nothing being perfect, rather than, say, brazenly organised corruption as a cherry on top to the accumulated generations of surreptitious corruption?

 

Why is policy responsiveness not a thing unless you're 1%? Coincidence, I suppose. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

I'm surprised I wasn't closer to the Greens, but then I'm not really very radical. 🙂

 

Neither are the Greens, for the most part. RWNJs love to bang on about them being extremists, but it should be pretty clear that history won't be judging neoliberalism too highly. It's their fucken doublespeak; accusing the most sensible people of being radical to excuse and deflect from their own extremism. 

 

Most people balk at one or more of the Greens' minor policies, but they tend to be in agreement with all their major policies. There really is such a shitload of cowering, timid orthodoxy in our public sphere. It's like something out of The Life of Brian. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

There really is such a shitload of cowering, timid orthodoxy in our public sphere. It's like something out of The Life of Brian. 

 

Because constant raging gets you dismissed as a leftist/alt-right ranter/extremist so you never get through to the people who don't already agree with you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

 

Are you saying, the most powerful agents in our society endeavour to make it what it says on the tin, and most of what's wrong with the world is just down to nothing being perfect, rather than, say, brazenly organised corruption as a cherry on top to the accumulated generations of surreptitious corruption?

 

Why is policy responsiveness not a thing unless you're 1%? Coincidence, I suppose. 

motherfuckinglol?  This from the guy who said the following:

On 15/04/2019 at 1:00 PM, Kimmo said:

But the centre here is arbitrary; they've just plonked it down halfway between Labor and LNP, which is bullshit. Political Compass has Labor as centre right, with the Greens closest to the centre. 

PC has the greens a lot lot further from the ALP and LNP, rather than the ALP half way between them.

So as I said, methodology, maybe?

Like, the Greens are hard against live exports, and labor are flip flopping but mostly against, and the LNP are for.  Know why my answer had more to do with the LNP and ON?  Because saying I'm all for live exports has no nuance to also state that they need to meet a bunch of fairly stringent safety checks, rather than lassaiz faire exporting.

So as I said, methodology, maybe?  PC has also been criticised for giving no nuance to answers.

But sure, tell me more. 

 

I've been called a radical centrist, but I'm sure you'll have something new that I haven't heard from all sides before 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, @~thehung said:

 

medicare is great.  whats your point? educate me.

 

"can any economic benefit be weighed up against that sort of vandalism?"  = sentimentalist bunkum.  you owe much of your high standard of living to "vandalised" natural resources.  again, educate me.

 

 

Why are we giving public money to private health care? It's insane. If you have so much money you can blow it on luxury health care, it's a free country. But this bullshit about taking pressure off the public system is bullshit. Spending money in the private system means it gets wasted on profit, middlemen, advertising and other Yank wank. Fuck that noise. It's just yet another upward wealth redistribution scam, powering arseholes and bullshit jobs. Yay for more telemarketing.

 

And sentimentalist bunkum, my eye. What's more sentimental and/or bunk - imagining the planet can continue to accommodate our short-sighted, selfish machinations indefinitely, just like a fucken toddler, or having a shot of concrete and accepting that running around doing crazy shit like fracking is a dumb idea pushed by cunts with a buck to make, and maybe if it actually does necessitate a supposedly lower standard of 'living' (there's a zillion ways to improve people's lives without consuming more), sucking it the fuck up like we actually deserve to wear the big boy pants. Bah, sentimentalism. I'm the guy telling you to give up helium balloons. It's fucken hard-headed pragmatism - only looking further ahead than next quarter's figures like an MBA dipshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kimmo said:

 

Why are we giving public money to private health care? It's insane. If you have so much money you can blow it on luxury health care, it's a free country. But this bullshit about taking pressure off the public system is bullshit. Spending money in the private system means it gets wasted on profit, middlemen, advertising and other Yank wank. Fuck that noise. It's just yet another upward wealth redistribution scam, powering arseholes and bullshit jobs. Yay for more telemarketing.

 

And sentimentalist bunkum, my eye. What's more sentimental and/or bunk - imagining the planet can continue to accommodate our short-sighted, selfish machinations indefinitely, just like a fucken toddler, or having a shot of concrete and accepting that running around doing crazy shit like fracking is a dumb idea pushed by cunts with a buck to make, and maybe if it actually does necessitate a supposedly lower standard of 'living' (there's a zillion ways to improve people's lives without consuming more), sucking it the fuck up like we actually deserve to wear the big boy pants. Bah, sentimentalism. I'm the guy telling you to give up helium balloons. It's fucken hard-headed pragmatism - only looking further ahead than next quarter's figures like an MBA dipshit. 

 

as for medicare, if you check my response to SN, you can see i am pretty much in agreement.  i just dont have as my starting point a presumption that any and all money spent on the private system is a Bad Thing™, as though its a rule of the universe.  ive done some cursory reading now, but for all i knew, the subsidies drastically sped up hospital waiting times to the detriment of x, y, z.  hence, my request for education.  and for i all know, dependent on devils in the details, there is a proportion of the spend that should/must be retained long term.  but turning everything up to 11, and speaking in broad absolutes is not very conducive to discussion is it?

 

re: fracking, see my response to fliptopia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think reducing the entirety of one's political positions to a single point on a two dimensional scale is silly and hinders proper political debate but I was curious so I did it and it put me just below One Nation.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NZT48 said:

I think reducing the entirety of one's political positions to a single point on a two dimensional scale is silly and hinders proper political debate but I was curious so I did it and it put me just below One Nation.

 

I'm wondering it the T in your name stands for 'troll'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I'm wondering it the T in your name stands for 'troll'?

 

Agreed.  However, if I'd had to guess where he was politically, "in close proximity to One Nation" would have been an acceptable approximation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NZT48 said:

I think reducing the entirety of one's political positions to a single point on a two dimensional scale is silly and hinders proper political debate but I was curious so I did it and it put me just below One Nation.

So on the axes of Christian/non-Christian, and Libertarian/Authoritarian, where would your single point lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knew, you're too radical for even the LDP and PHON.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nich... said:

Who knew, you're too radical for even the LDP and PHON.

 

NZT kinda reminds me of your cousin Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×