Chaos.Lady

Call Log exporting for Android

I'm probably just begging for bots here, but I thought I'd ask the question of our very knowledgeable droid boffins.

I used to heavily use an app called "Call Log Monitor" (I think it was) which would allow me to export my call logs to excel.  I work on-call and use my call logs as my timesheet.  So I would grab the logs, export and email them to myself in a CSV  from my phone and work from them there.

Since Google have hammered the call log privileges for apps and removed all the programs which do this from the app store - does anyone have an easy way for me to actually do this now? I *really* am not keen to install an app on the computer and have to connect the phone in order to transfer them (I'm using a locked down work PC to do it and it's a pain in the tail trying to get permissions to install any new apps), so I need something like what I had.

I'm on a crappy Oppo phone for reference.  Any ideas?

I use Super Backup which also exports as XML.  Not sure that anything does it direct to something more massagable such as CSV.

I'm fairly sure that I once used a webpage that converts to a format more friendly to Excel but those sort of things have a real privacy danger to them.

Here's one - but use at your own risk http://convertcsv.com/xml-to-csv.htm

It shouldn't be too hard to wrangle XML down to CSV, assuming XML itself can't be usee directly?

I eventually managed to find the installer outside the playstore which I wasn't super happy about getting from a third party, but it seems to have installed and the spyware isn't too intrusive 😛

I assume they will eventually get their act together and get google to allow them to put it back in, but the apps that use those privileges seem to be having trouble. 

I also installed Drupe hoping that it would help with some of the phone features, but I'm not sure I like it.  It doesn't have the exportable feature, and the call stuff is OK, but seems buggy.  The call recording might be handy, but again seems a bit hit and miss.  Finding a decent phone app seems to be harder than I thought it was. :(

Trying to make things play nicely with ColorOS without it whining about security is enough of a pain. All I wanted was to get the vanilla dialler back when I was using it.