Sign in to follow this  
NZT48

PSA

On 7/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, NZT48 said:

It means if you seek "nonbiblical reference re the man and his miracles" you will find "nonbiblical reference re the man and his miracles" which is a lot easier than finding a teapot orbiting Jupiter.

I can find non-Little-Red-Riding-Hood references to Little Red Riding Hood.

In fact there are two different versions of the same story, one French and one Chinese from the late 1600s.

Is she real?

17 hours ago, NZT48 said:

What do you call "controlled scientific conditions"?

For instance... for the "Water into wine" trick
- An empty room with no access to outside materials

- Water supplied in transparent containers

- If necessary, a workbench, but one with open sides for observation purposes

- The performer to be searched for concealed apparatus, and not permitted to bring any equipment with them.
- Analysis of the provided water for contaminants prior to supply, and during the procedure

- Continuous observation of the entire room, and of the performer from arrival at the facility until conclusion of the trick, with constant video (visible and non-visible, eg. IR) and data recording.

The idea is to eliminate the opportunity for the person performing the "miracle" to conceal their method, and for the observations to be recorded in a meaningful and reproducible manner.

Which is to say, the CONDITIONS for the "miracle" are CONTROLLED.

15 hours ago, Leonid said:

I can find non-Little-Red-Riding-Hood references to Little Red Riding Hood.

In fact there are two different versions of the same story, one French and one Chinese from the late 1600s.

Is she real?

No.

9 hours ago, SquallStrife said:

For instance... for the "Water into wine" trick
- An empty room with no access to outside materials

- Water supplied in transparent containers

- If necessary, a workbench, but one with open sides for observation purposes

- The performer to be searched for concealed apparatus, and not permitted to bring any equipment with them.
- Analysis of the provided water for contaminants prior to supply, and during the procedure

- Continuous observation of the entire room, and of the performer from arrival at the facility until conclusion of the trick, with constant video (visible and non-visible, eg. IR) and data recording.

The idea is to eliminate the opportunity for the person performing the "miracle" to conceal their method, and for the observations to be recorded in a meaningful and reproducible manner.

Which is to say, the CONDITIONS for the "miracle" are CONTROLLED.

Obviously the video is the tricky bit as video recording did not exist then but even if it did video can be doctored. This is from the film Forrest Gump, 25 years ago.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, NZT48 said:

I didn't put the burden of (dis)proof on anyone.

It's far harder to prove something isn't real than to prove it is real. As neither side has found any clear proof, I'd say that the case for a diety existing is somewhat poorer than the case for it not existing.

15 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

It's far harder to prove something isn't real than to prove it is real. As neither side has found any clear proof, I'd say that the case for a diety existing is somewhat poorer than the case for it not existing.

... both ( all ) sides have been doing their utmost to 'prove' their point for centuries :)  it's likely more people have belief in some thing 'other' than nothing

On 01/08/2019 at 7:08 PM, eveln said:

Awwww come on ...  Nich was throwing your response back at you ... but seeing as how you be the expert he was bowing to your knowledge in posing it as a question rather than an assuming it to be correct

... at least pretend to respect those who talk to you by actually reading their posts dude 😉

On 01/08/2019 at 7:27 PM, chrisg said:

🙂

Actually I always read his posts - mostly for shits and giggles I admit  🙂

Cheers

Really scratching my head.

On 01/08/2019 at 5:10 PM, NZT48 said:

I don't understand.

Then seek.

Did I misread  ? ... oh well, won't be the last time I do that ;)

You didn't misread, just wondering how you talking to DMB about me was read by chrisg as you talking to him.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, NZT48 said:

No.

So evidence of two different versions of Little Red Riding Hood doesn't prove she's real.

Evidence of two different versions of Jesus does prove he's real.

Cute.

🙂

I didn't just thought I'd sow some confusion 🙂  (If there isn't already enough in this thread 🙂 )

Cheers

16 hours ago, Leonid said:

So evidence of two different versions of Little Red Riding Hood doesn't prove she's real.

Evidence of two different versions of Jesus does prove he's real.

Cute.

I did not say evidence of two different versions of Jesus proves he's real and you should not be comparing Jesus Christ with Little Red Riding Hood as one is meant to be fact and the other is meant to be fiction.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NZT48 said:

Jesus Christ with Little Red Riding Hood as one is meant to be fact and the other is meant to be fiction.

mmm, seems to me like both could be used as a guide or whatever for some ... I mean, I'm sure there are those out there who would swear they've met the likes of LRRH or or her grandmother in RL. Just as I'm sure there are those who are sure they've met people with qualities of Jesus Christ.

Edited by eveln

Good point DMB.  Let's compare Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha.  Which of those was real and which was telling the truth?  How many books have to agree for it to be true?

On 04/08/2019 at 12:25 AM, Nich... said:

You didn't misread, just wondering how you talking to DMB about me was read by chrisg as you talking to him.

wouldn't surprise me too much if it transpired that DMB / NZT48 was not an alt of chrisg's and he ( chrisg ) just forgets which member he's signed in as ...;)

• Haha 1

🙂

Now, I could treat that as being rather insulting, me being at least agnostic and probably atheist, but I'll let it slide   🙂

Cheers

On 8/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, NZT48 said:

I did not say evidence of two different versions of Jesus proves he's real and you should not be comparing Jesus Christ with Little Red Riding Hood as one is meant to be fact and the other is meant to be fiction.

Which one is fact and which one is fiction?

I think you know the answer which begs the question: why did you ask?

1 hour ago, NZT48 said:

Because they’re both fairy tales.

8 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Wrong again.

Tell me why I’m wrong. What makes Jesus more real than Little Red Riding Hood?

11 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Who is begging the question?

I'll ask this; NZT48, you believ e that you are a sinner, and through christs sacrifice you have redemption

what have you done to repay his gift to you?

15 hours ago, Leonid said:

Tell me why I’m wrong. What makes Jesus more real than Little Red Riding Hood?

For a start Jesus Christ is meant to be fact and Little Red Riding Hood is supposed to be fiction like I said earlier. Over half the world's population believes in Jesus Christ (combining Christians and Muslims) whereas I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes the tale of LRRH. Many have seen visions of JC. There are many JC-related miracles. I reckon you are capable of adequate research.

9 hours ago, Nich... said:

Who is begging the question?

No one.

8 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

I'll ask this; NZT48, you believ e that you are a sinner, and through christs sacrifice you have redemption

what have you done to repay his gift to you?

I hope I bring glory to God and help people out and I try to follow The Golden Rule.

7 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I hope I bring glory to God and help people out and I try to follow The Golden Rule.

OK, but what have you DONE?

9 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

For a start Jesus Christ is meant to be fact 

But there is no proof that there ever was this man