Sign in to follow this  
NZT48

PSA

On 23/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, NZT48 said:

Yes; I saw a vision. Why do you think all visions are not real?

Are you saying all visions are real?  Otherwise, on what basis should I give credence to yours, and not one that countermands yours?

On 23/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, NZT48 said:

About or from what?

Your Christian exceptionalism.  Why does every argument you hold that other religions are wrong not also apply to yours?

On 10/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, NZT48 said:

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes; I saw a vision. Why do you think all visions are not real?

How do you know a genuine search for God doesn't always lead to the right one? God's will isn't necessarily done instantly so maybe it is a matter of time.

The Bible says God is impartial (Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Psalm 98:9) and I believe it to be true.

I do not believe understanding The Bible is a prerequisite for eternal life.

Jesus loves you. I am sure of it.

Jesus said blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:9). I think we should try to make peace but we can't take away others' God-given free will.

About or from what?

There is one of two things happening here.

Either you're just having a massive troll or you are brain damaged.

On 23/10/2019 at 7:26 PM, NZT48 said:

Jesus said blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:9). I think we should try to make peace but we can't take away others' God-given free will.

Also Mathew (10:34-35)

" Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

" For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Read your own f*ing book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cybes said:

Or, forget about the fucking book. 

There are other books, you know. Some of them are worth your attention. Particularly the ones which share factual information, often obtained at great cost, which you can freely use to unambiguously improve your life. 

This is in contrast to putting one stupid old book over everything else, and basing your existence on the badly-written (not to mention plagiarised) fairytale within, which has a much worse outcome... Like everyone who's sane thinking you're an annoying dickhead, for a start. 

In fact, your personality disappears; to us, you're just the same as every other demented Bible basher - full of shit, won't listen to reason, thinks other people should catch his cognitive virus. 

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

There are other books, you know. Some of them are worth your attention. Particularly the ones which share factual information, often obtained at great cost, which you can freely use to unambiguously improve your life. 

Try the book of Kimmo, it is a light read but full of great insights

11 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Or, forget about the fucking book.

Well, yes. But my point was that for people who hold the book as the complete and infallible word of God, actually reading the damn thing is enlightening. It tends to make atheists.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Well, yes. But my point was that for people who hold the book as the complete and infallible word of God, actually reading the damn thing is enlightening. It tends to make atheists.

or, at the least healthy agnostics

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, Nich... said:

Are you saying all visions are real?  Otherwise, on what basis should I give credence to yours, and not one that countermands yours?

Your Christian exceptionalism.  Why does every argument you hold that other religions are wrong not also apply to yours?

I am not saying all visions are real and I don't see how one vision can countermand another vision.

What is "[my] Christian exceptionalism"? I am not saying other religions are wrong. I don't know enough about other religions to say that. For all I know they could be compatible.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:07 AM, Cybes said:

" Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

" For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

I've read that plenty of times and I thought of it before posting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NZT48 said:
On 26/10/2019 at 5:07 AM, Cybes said:

I've read that plenty of times and I thought of it before posting.

Curious. Why would those lines be in the book ? real question it is

On 30/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, eveln said:

Curious. Why would those lines be in the book ? real question it is

Indeed.  One to which he has no answer, apparently.

Colour me shocked.

8 hours ago, Cybes said:

Colour me shocked.

because when you combine many different religions into one, mistakes happen

to make mistakes is human, more proof that there was no guiding hand when writing a book of fables

10 hours ago, Cybes said:

Colour me shocked.

Well, tbh, I didn't expect an answer as in complete understanding of the why of it, more just a take from someone who holds the book with regard.

On 30/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, NZT48 said:

I am not saying all visions are real and I don't see how one vision can countermand another vision.

Then why would I listen to you about your vision and how your god is the real one, and not someone else's vision saying their god is the real one?

On 30/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, NZT48 said:

What is "[my] Christian exceptionalism"? I am not saying other religions are wrong. I don't know enough about other religions to say that. For all I know they could be compatible.

You think that because you believe in something, it must be true, and we should believe in it because you think it is true.  You think your god is exceptional, even if you're not quite sure what exceptional means.

But if you don't know enough about the other religions, how do we know that you're not listening to Al-Shaitan in  your visions, and Mohammad was the correct prophet and you are spending your life speaking out against Allah?

Oh ffs...now I see where some of the other stuff comes from.

Had a vision huh? It's called an hallucination. Read up on Oliver Sacks work.

The stories in the bible were often written around 400 years after the events that are claimed to take place, it in one instance has camels in a place where there were no camels at that time it was claimed to take place.

Francesca is an authority on ancient religions.

Meh...if someone gets a positive lift up from their beliefs that's OK by me, but if the are making decisions for others, or pushing their beliefs, or making policy based on it...then I'll object.

• Like 1

You could try using a search engine if. There are lots of websites dedicated to Biblical study and commentary. Maybe reading the context would help too.

My understanding is that because we all inherited sin form Adam and we need to repent before we are right with God a family must have foe(s) within. If you have a group of people with at least one sinner and everyone in the group is right with each other then they are all sinners, so division is necessary before there can be repentance and righteousness.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:34 PM, datafast69 said:

Meh...if someone gets a positive lift up from their beliefs that's OK by me, but if the are making decisions for others, or pushing their beliefs, or making policy based on it...then I'll object.

So we shouldn't have a law against murder because murder being wrong is someone's belief?

Yes; the most famous man ever who most people in the world regard as holy actually existed.

38 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Yes; the most famous man ever who most people in the world regard as holy actually existed.

a more wrong sentence has never existed

many people in Asia have never even heard of him

and you still have not provided any proof that he existed 

20 hours ago, NZT48 said:

So we shouldn't have a law against murder because murder being wrong is someone's belief?

Not for that reason, no.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:02 AM, TheManFromPOST said:

I do not assume that there ever was a Jesus, can you prove his existence?

On 7/21/2019 at 10:22 PM, NZT48 said:

What would you consider proof?

On 7/22/2019 at 2:11 AM, TheManFromPOST said:

nonbiblical reference re the man and his miracles

On 7/22/2019 at 12:39 PM, NZT48 said:

I think you are capable of finding that out for yourself.

How about the Quran?

Seek and you will find.

15 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

which still equals nothing

and that is ok, there is no proof of any other fairytale

Edited by TheManFromPOST

You asked for proof. I asked what you consider proof. You said "nonbiblical reference re the man and his miracles". I provided it, the Quran.

34 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

the Quran

Is a religious text, which inherits ftom the Christian Bible in a similar way that the Bible inherits from Jewish scriptures.  It is not a "non-Biblical" source just by dint of a name change and some extra material.

What I think you'll find he meant is secular sources like: Roman census records (they were supposed to be taking one at the puted birth, no?); or notes from one of the many competant astronomers around ar the time about the weird light in the sky; or law-enforcement records of the fecking zombie invasion!

If that last line doesn't do it for you, you really are lost.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cybes said:

, you really are lost.

Lawd Jaysus (Peace Be Upon Him) saves the lost.

It’s a vicious cycle.

Edited by Leonid