🙂

It has been far too long for me to recall what the "rules" ever were with the Green Room, or how they were sometimes very rigidly enforced by some mods with Nazi tendencies but in general I think you are or should be right Ev - chat about anything, keep spite out of it, but flaming is fine 🙂

When I first came to Atomic it was purely for the tech - one day I idly drifted into the Green Room - think it was called something different then - recoiled in horror, took me months to come back...

How things have changed  🙂

Cheers

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

day I idly drifted into the Green Room - think it was called something different then 🙂

General Chat if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 7/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, eveln said:

Anyway, I said g'day before in that other thread ... tell me, how high can you kick your legs ? << serious question 🙂 ... please

Hiya Eveln! 😛 I can actually kick very high as I'm now a competitive dancer and Allstar cheerleader! It's not like the cheerleaders you see on the sidelines at footy games though, Allstar cheer is a sport in its own right and we compete against other Allstar squads from all over Aus. We do not have pom poms, there's no chants, and we don't represent any other sports teams or codes, WE are the team and this IS the sport. It's a mix of high energy dance routines, gymnastics and stunts. I bloody love it - never been fitter or stronger in my life. We hit the gym multi times a week at practice, we do conditioning and weight training, dance rehearsals, spend long hours at comps together, and travel around Aus for comps together.  

My team has been the NSW State Champions in our division for the last 3 years, and we held the title of National Champions in 2016 and 2017 when we ranked in 1st place at the Australian Allstar Cheer and Dance Nationals. Last year we placed 2nd at Nationals. 

This is basically my life right now!

Edited by CheekyChops
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, CheekyChops said:

Allstar cheer is a sport in its own right and we compete against other Allstar squads from all over Aus. We do not have pom poms, there's no chants, and we don't represent any other sports teams or codes, WE are the team and this IS the sport. It's a mix of high energy dance routines, gymnastics and stunts. I bloody love it - never been fitter or stronger in my life.

I wasn't sure, but I had a feeling it was as you say.

Good for you, in fact bloody excellent ! ... hah, here's me thinking I'm pretty hot shit for getting on our walking contraption everyday ... I could say it's all relative, but, yeah nup 😛

hiya cheeky !

long tome between posts 🙂

9 hours ago, eveln said:

I wasn't sure, but I had a feeling it was as you say.

Good for you, in fact bloody excellent ! ... hah, here's me thinking I'm pretty hot shit for getting on our walking contraption everyday ... I could say it's all relative, but, yeah nup 😛

Haha thank you! I was never a gym type of person before, stepping foot into a gym was my idea of torture haha, now I love it. WHO EVEN AM I?!?!? 😛 That is hot shit, well done hehe!  Keep it up! I still hate cardio at the gym, I just find it so hard to get motivated for that. I think it comes down to my terrible attention span - I need to constantly change it up to stay motivated. For example I get bored 2 mins into a 20 min treadmill run or stationary cycle and will then spend the next 18 mins hating life lol. I like circuits because it's time to change to the next station by the time I start getting bored - it breaks up the repetition for me. Everyone just needs to find what works best for them I suppose, it took me a while to work that out.

Keep it up, you are hot shit, whatever you enjoy doing is the best kind of exercise one should be doing, so keep getting on that walking contraption and give it a little sass in your step hehe!! Woohoo go Ev! 😛  

8 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

hiya cheeky !

long tome between posts 🙂

Heya Scruffy!! 😄 I even forgot my password that's how long it has been lol...oops!

Posted (edited)

I've seen pics and vids of gyms, and I'm sure I've driven past and even walked past a gym ... but I have not once in my ( longer life than yours ) even opened the door of a gym to sneek a peek  . Allergic, most likley

... but you're dead right, doing anything takes an initial will that can only  be inspired by yourself. I can look at fit people doing shit and not be inspired by them one iota, in fact I have that down to a fine art

Edited by eveln

On 02/07/2019 at 1:35 PM, Ben Mansill said:

Heya Ivan. 

Sounds like a fine life you're living. Thanks for popping in and saying hello, it's easy to come see what's up at Atomic, have a lurk then ghost off, but a little post here and there goes a long way, especially for those of us who remember the golden era and the fondness we all had for each other.

You can use your original ITT account if you want. 

Would prefer my original IvanTheTerrible account more. 🙂

15 hours ago, fliptopia said:

General Chat if I recall correctly. 

🙂

Yes it was indeed. For pure fun way back then a certain mod created an alt that any of the then mods could log onto called "General Chat." "He" was sort of modeled on the Drill sergeant from "Full Metal Jacket."

I seem to recall hilarity ensued 🙂

BTW Ivan, I THINK that is what Ben was saying. I don't recall your getting banned but seems it is lifted anyway 🙂

Let's face it, atm we need all the members we can get.  

Cheers

1 hour ago, MooTheCow said:

post a request to the mods

and grovel a bit

I’m still up for a flame war. I’ll take all youse assholes.

Also older, crankier, time poorer but somehow happier.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

36 minutes ago, Leonid said:

🙂

You are on - any time   🙂

So long as we shake hands at the end, in the virtual world in the end it's all bullshit 🙂

Cheers

5 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Can you do a password reset on it?

12 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Yeah sorry I meant you can use Ivan the Terrible account, I was being lazy abbreviating it.

Anyway Nich is on the case, as he said try a password reset :_

11 hours ago, Leonid said:

there's no flame like an old flame, boriski

21 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Yes it was indeed. For pure fun way back then a certain mod created an alt that any of the then mods could log onto called "General Chat." "He" was sort of modeled on the Drill sergeant from "Full Metal Jacket."

I seem to recall hilarity ensued 🙂

BTW Ivan, I THINK that is what Ben was saying. I don't recall your getting banned but seems it is lifted anyway 🙂

Let's face it, atm we need all the members we can get.  

Cheers

Problem is I dont have a password any longer and the original email address doest exist anymore

🙂

Um,  that could get interesting....

Maybe just create an utterly new account with the same name ?

Wit the number of restarts the old account probably doesn't exist anyway 😉

Cheers

33 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Um,  that could get interesting....

Maybe just create an utterly new account with the same name ?

Wit the number of restarts the old account probably doesn't exist anyway 😉

Cheers

Still an active account

🙂

Well then, just use it... Getting confused   🙂

Cheers

28 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Well then, just use it... Getting confused   🙂

Cheers

Dont know the password for the account and the email address was with a company that doesn't exist anymore

Posted (edited)

Oh.

I think our mods could be kind enough to send you a current reset - i  hope 🙂

If not, just make a new one, post count goes back to zero but who cares ? It's been fucked up over and over 🙂

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

I think Chaos managed to re-enact my account when my original email address was defunct and I'd forgotten my password.

PM Chaos or myself and we'll sort something out.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, Nich... said:

Welcome back, don't feed the trolls, etc

On 7/2/2019 at 12:06 PM, SquallStrife said:

Ignore Takoma.

🙂

Haha I've been floating  in and out from time to time.