Sign in to follow this  
NZT48

Israel Folau and freedom of communication

🙂

Hardly  🙂

I have a number of gay friends, doesn't bother me at all I just don't play on that side. Entirely up to them, sometimes I think HIV is just a scam by extremely right wing heteros....

Cheers

13 minutes ago, chrisg said:

HIV is just a scam

And... with that we cut to our reporter-at-large in New York for a conversation with expert Bill Cosby on the benefits of informed consent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

What if it’s a left-handed homosexual?

two wrongs don't make a right (handed heterosexual ?)

1 hour ago, scruffy1 said:

two wrongs don't make a right (handed heterosexual ?)

These permutations are doing my head in and all I want to be doing is identifying someone sufficiently evil to burn.

I think there can sometimes be a communication problem with regard to discussing "homosexual(s)". A homosexual is someone who is sexually attracted to people of his or her own sex. I am not aware of anything in The Bible saying that is a sin. Having sex with someone of the same sex is a different matter; that is clearly a sin according to The Bible. I don't know what would make it any better or worse than any other type of fornication though. Some say "they are born that way", "they can't help it", "it's natural", "it's not a choice", but the fact that one wants to do something does not justify doing it. If I want to have sex with a woman who is married to another man that does not justify me having sex with her.

🙂

Personally I enjoy a good fuck, rather often, but not with other people's wives - well, not in a long time and they were well and truly over by then.

Cheers

2 hours ago, NZT48 said:

I think there can sometimes be a communication problem with regard to discussing "homosexual(s)". A homosexual is someone who is sexually attracted to people of his or her own sex. I am not aware of anything in The Bible saying that is a sin. Having sex with someone of the same sex is a different matter; that is clearly a sin according to The Bible. I don't know what would make it any better or worse than any other type of fornication though. Some say "they are born that way", "they can't help it", "it's natural", "it's not a choice", but the fact that one wants to do something does not justify doing it. If I want to have sex with a woman who is married to another man that does not justify me having sex with her.

Who are you , Israel Folau or any other religious believer, to judge?????

if it does not affect you (or them) then why do you care?

there is no God, there is no evidence that Moses existed, there is no evidence that Jesus existed

religion is a man made construct designed to control others

2 hours ago, NZT48 said:

If I want to have sex with a woman who is married to another man that does not justify me having sex with her.

What if she's married to another woman? Can you have sex with her?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

If I want to have sex with a woman who is married to another man that does not justify me having sex with her.

Why ?

Is God what holds you back ?

Is your faith in a god the only thing that stops you having sex with a person married to another ?

Couldn't you just think for yourself and decide that the sexual encounter might not be worth the potential destruction of at least one relationship ?

Do you need a rule book to give you your personal set of morals ?

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Some say "they are born that way", "they can't help it", "it's natural", "it's not a choice", but the fact that one wants to do something does not justify doing it. If I want to have sex with a woman who is married to another man that does not justify me having sex with her.

If two people want to do something to each other, and they both consent, to whom must they justify their actions?

Not me. Certainly not you. And definitely not to some unseen moral arbiter in the sky.

• Like 1

I'm confused, is the bible saying two men or two women can't have sex with each other, or that they can't if they're not married?  Or only that two men can't?

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

I'm confused, is the bible saying two men or two women can't have sex with each other, or that they can't if they're not married?  Or only that two men can't?

Having fun and enjoying life is bad

the end of days is coming, you must prepare and give yourself to gods judgement

The bible clearly states Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.”

I guess then we can stone to death people with tattoos

🙂

Works for me  🙂

( Not really, I just find most tattoos rather off-putting.)

Cheers

Thread title should read:

Israel Folau and Christian privilege

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, TheManFromPOST said:

Who are you , Israel Folau or any other religious believer, to judge?????

I did not judge. Calling sin "sin" is not judging.

if it does not affect you (or them) then why do you care?

I care because I have empathy and we're all in this together.

there is no God, there is no evidence that Moses existed, there is no evidence that Jesus existed

There is plenty of evidence for God, Moses and Jesus.

religion is a man made construct designed to control others

Some religion is "a man made construct designed to control others" but there is a freedom in Christ.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Leonid said:

What if she's married to another woman? Can you have sex with her?

I would only have sex with her if I was married to her. SSM doesn't count. No fornication though.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, eveln said:

Why ?

Is God what holds you back ?

Is your faith in a god the only thing that stops you having sex with a person married to another ?

Couldn't you just think for yourself and decide that the sexual encounter might not be worth the potential destruction of at least one relationship ?

Do you need a rule book to give you your personal set of morals ?

God and the reasons God opposes it are what hold me back. I do not see the two separately.  I wouldn't say I need a rule book to give me my "personal set of morals" but I think it can help.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:21 PM, SquallStrife said:

If two people want to do something to each other, and they both consent, to whom must they justify their actions?

God.

Not me.

Agreed.

Certainly not you.

Agreed.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, Nich... said:

AFAIK I think all it says about the two women thing is that it is unnatural. Biblically there is no such thing as same sex marriage.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:36 PM, Kimmo said:

Thread title should read:

Israel Folau and Christian privilege

Why?

Because marriage is for making babies, right?  What if the people can't make babies?  Should they not be allowed to marry, too?

Posted (edited)

'there is freedom in Christ'?

acording to your book, it is not only a sin to do things, it is also a sin to have impure thoughts

Many biblical scholars doubt Moses existance, look it up

Edited by TheManFromPOST

10 hours ago, NZT48 said:

AFAIK I think all it says about the two women thing is that it is unnatural.

Well of course. A woman is because she is the tool and incubator for furthering the species.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:39 PM, Nich... said:

Because marriage is for making babies, right?  What if the people can't make babies?  Should they not be allowed to marry, too?

Making babies is one of the purposes, I think not the only one, so I think people who can't make babies should be allowed to marry.

On 7/18/2019 at 2:36 AM, TheManFromPOST said:

acording to your book, it is not only a sin to do things, it is also a sin to have impure thoughts

Like what? Lust? Nothing you cannot be in control of.

36 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Like what? Lust? Nothing you cannot be in control of.

How do you control what thoughts come into your mind?

🙂

Thoughts and NZT may sort of exist in different universes 🙂

Cheers

I don't know what is meant by "impure thoughts". Lust is an attitude and within our control.

25 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I don't know what is meant by "impure thoughts". Lust is an attitude and within our control.

Assuming free will. 

8 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Assuming free will. 

uhhh it would be EXCEEDINGLY FSCKING RARE that someone else would force you to force yourself upon someone.... if you can't control yourself not to jump every other human of the opposite (or same, if you bat that way) sex, then YOU need some serious work...... 

there is nothing wrong with admiring from a distance... but for the most part, keep it to yourself and just quietly enjoy... don't make a spectacle... 

but yes as far as LUST goes - even if you're truly madly deeply crazy for someone, if the feelings aren't mutual then keep your damn hands off... it's really not THAT hard.... and you deserve a kick in the fork if you don't >_<