Sign in to follow this  
Dasa

Custom loop build pics

Spent the day helping a friend put together a custom loop there is still a bit to go but we have made some good progress for a couple of hard tubing noobs.

Zacs%20rig.jpg

The tube running from the CPU to the front RAD had nothing cut from it... wasn't sure it would make it but it did.

We also did the other two tubes but we were getting tired and damaged them so left it for now to be resumed on the weekend.
There is still three tubes left so we can only screw up once more.

We are one fitting short but that was only due to a mistake with the order being placed with 9 instead of 10 compressions although another 90 at the pump would make things easier I'm sure.

I delided his 7700K with a razorblade which I think it survived but time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Those tube look amazing!  Looks like a fun build!  What card and pump is that using?

Posted (edited)

Been a few delays with work and incorrect parts.

He has been doing a bit on his own and will give me a call when it's time to finish it off.

I think he wanted a new RGB MB so may have upgraded to 9700k.

Edit: maybe this weekend.

Edited by Dasa

Posted (edited)

Not great pictures of it I'm afraid, also took a little video with the old gopro 3 but it really didn't like the low light.

Had to redo tubing as the new MB moved the CPU position and higher VRM HS blocked running the GPU tube behind the block.

One of the MB RGB ports doesn't work so for now just the GPU RGB and Fans are going till a splitter arrives for the CPU\Pump.

Might get some better pics one day once he has finalized it and had some time to configure the RGB.

Gave it a quick run in borderlands 2 and temps were under 40c for CPU\GPU.

The only leaks were when we left the top rad bungs out while pouring in the coolant then forgot to put them back before starting the pump.... oops that made a bit of a mess and a bit of a dribble from the fitting we screwed into the res for filling.

IMG_20190810_173554%201080.jpg

IMG_20190810_173543%201080.jpg

Edited by Dasa
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

What's the deal with that case?  Does it fold back together and have extra cover/s or is it an open air job?

Posted (edited)

It is fairly open but does have a glass side panel that screws onto each side

https://cougargaming.com/products/cases/conquer/

The odd angles is just how it is

Edit:

Also brought home his delided 7700K and corsair H60 to play with.

The H60 is a newer revision with a updated pump and larger tube than the old H80 so it will be interesting to see if it still has ~3c low flow rate penalty or if they improved upon it.

Edited by Dasa

I actually like that case it is so different. Freaking hard tubes look great, probably be my next project with a new case in a year or so.  Look forward to seeing what you can push that 7700k too