Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

Could the Democrats please wake up ?

Looks like I’m not the only one that noticed:

A HuffPost/YouGov poll asking Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters whether their opinion of each candidate improved or worsened from the debate showed Harris as the only top-tier candidate whose image suffered on net:

• Warren: 50 percent improved, 6 percent worsened
  • Buttigieg: 32 percent improved, 8 percent worsened
  • Sanders: 28 percent improved, 16 percent worsened
  • Biden: 26 percent improved, 24 percent worsened
  • Harris: 25 percent improved, 30 percent worsened

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-debate-poll-winner_n_5d48aedde4b0244052dfdc81

Interesting, probably to be expected, she hardly really had much of a chance to speak in any meaningful way.

Cheers

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

Interesting, probably to be expected, she hardly really had much of a chance to speak in any meaningful way.

Cheers

She had the second highest speaking time after Biden.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/31/us/elections/debate-speaking-time.html

Yang had half her time and just ran his most successful campaign streak ever.

Quality over Quantity.

Any other excuses for her?

🙂

She seemed to have to spend a heck of a lot of time defending herself, trying to dismiss the stance of others which combined left her very little time to actually establish her own foothold.

Beyond that, not particularly, she did not handle herself anywhere near as well as in the first debate.

Biden was under attack the whole time, he managed to improve his standing a little bit.

As I said - she’s a clone. No interesting ideas to distinguish her.

It's too early to tell, she has not been in the spotlight long enough.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

It's too early to tell, she has not been in the spotlight long enough.

Cheers

"The 2020 presidential campaign of Kamala Harris, the junior United States Senator from California, officially began on January 21, 2019. She has been considered a high profile candidate for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries since 2016"

Any other excuses?

• Like 1

🙂

Yeah, the Dems foolishly but I do not know how they could democratically stop it have so many dogs in the race you have to roar to be heard....

It could condemn us to more Trump, in which case I trust he will on his diet have the good grace to die in office.. .then we can see about neutering Pence.

Long way to go, as Bob famously remarked a week is a long time in politics.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

It could condemn us to more Trump, in which case I trust he will on his diet have the good grace to die in office.. .then we can see about neutering Pence.

First president to try something other than the usual conventional shit that has lost America every war since 1945.

I hope he’s as healthy as a horse.

Thus far on his watch he has essentially given Russia a foothold in Venezuela and is cruising for a bruising in the Straits of Hormuz to name but two areas where his way is not working.

Cheers

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

Thus far on his watch he has essentially given Russia a foothold in Venezuela and is cruising for a bruising in the Straits of Hormuz to name but two areas where his way is not working.

Cheers

and yet the Democrats have nobody to beat him in 2020

😞

Unfortunately thus far that looks to be the case, but, as I said, still a ways to go and the dem pack still has to sort itself out - if it can.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

😞

Unfortunately thus far that looks to be the case, but, as I said, still a ways to go and the dem pack still has to sort itself out - if it can.

Cheers

i heard the same things regarding Trump in the primaries (?) in 2015

'he is finished now'

'this is the end'

'the republicans cannot endorse him'

and we know how it ended, Trump became president

the Democrats have shown us what they have,  there us no 'white knight' there is no one with a better plan waiting in the wings

it will be 4 more years of Trump

Very true, it was a bit different then, the Dems made the appalling error of running Clinton. She is despised to such a degree in America that it is amazing that she did actually win the popular vote in theory but that is not the way the U.S. system works.

IF, and after these two debates it is getting to be a big if, the Dems can field a strong candidate, preferably not Biden or Sanders, they can beat him, his own party are less than thrilled by him but they know he does have a fanatic following.

Just how they manage to overlook his persistent lies, his meandering pointless diatribes, his sheer stupidity, but also I must admit low cunning, is beyond me.

It will be a very dangerous world for the ensuing four years if he does pull off a second term.

Cheers

Warren is a lame duck as well,  her claimeing to be of native American heritage whould make her easily beatable to an election

🙂

I believe she does have some small claim, but she should not have brought it up.

I still like Harris, if I have to I'll take Biden, Trump is more scared of him than he admits, that's why he attacks him at every chance. The trouble is I can't see Biden as anything but a lacklustre President.

The dark horse is O'Rourke, but I begin to think he has his sights set more on 2014. Still, you have to give the guy credit for how close he ran it in the heartland of the GOP, Texas, against their golden child, Cruz.

I rather think Trump had an unintended impact upon that, if anyone is to take over the Republican mantle it will be Cruz. Trump did not particularly support him in the mid-terms, he couldn't, he'd slagged him too much to get the election chance in 2016.

It's overall a total political mess, has been becoming so for a long time.....

Cheers

On 8/1/2019 at 7:16 AM, chrisg said:

Atomicans are somewhat horrified

No particularly.

What horrifies me more is the emphatuation some Australians have for American politics.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:38 PM, chrisg said:

Wake up America.

All I can say....

You might have to say it louder, I don't think America is really listening to what anybody on Atomic thinks. Let alone what anyone in this country thinks.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

Very true, it was a bit different then, the Dems made the appalling error of running Clinton. She is despised to such a degree in America that it is amazing that she did actually win the popular vote in theory but that is not the way the U.S. system works.

IF, and after these two debates it is getting to be a big if, the Dems can field a strong candidate, preferably not Biden or Sanders, they can beat him, his own party are less than thrilled by him but they know he does have a fanatic following.

You say all that as if they could have fielded some other candidate and won.  Who?

• Haha 1

Hitlery was there most believable candidate !! ain't that some scarey shit to know ?!

Sure is.  And the Kennedys aren't much use - they're either all dead or have totally tarnished reputations.

*Sigh*

I know, I know...

Water under the bridge now but actually there were a few good looking candidates who looked at the Clinton/Sanders show in 2016 and decided not to waste their money.

Cheers

Who ? ... and well really weren't < who ever they are > just fucking stupid and really short on focus to leave the Dems in the hands of Hitlery and Co. ? ... and the fact they did behave that way just confirms the self absorbed interest of the Dems in lookin' after their selves first, and their country second, and as such not very worthy of the responsibility of Governing the Country

2 hours ago, eveln said:

Who ? ... and well really weren't < who ever they are > just fucking stupid and really short on focus to leave the Dems in the hands of Hitlery and Co. ? ... and the fact they did behave that way just confirms the self absorbed interest of the Dems in lookin' after their selves first, and their country second, and as such not very worthy of the responsibility of Governing the Country

You say that like they're not saving millions of dollars by pulling out when they don't think they can win (or whatever the reason).

That was pretty much the case.

The focus was on Clinton and Sanders. Harris had considered a run in 2016, opted not to, Martin O'Malley made an early run but pulled the plug, Jim Webb and Lawrence Lessig also.

O''Malley in particular had some traction but it was a two horse race between Clinton and Sanders so why waste your money ?

This time around the concern to get Trump out of there is so high we have too many candidates jostling to take a swing such that no one yet has elbow room.

That too should tell you something, including that there is chaos in the democrat camp...

They may sort it out, if Obama for example cracks the whip to assert some discipline.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Nich... said:
11 hours ago, eveln said:

You say that like they're not saving millions of dollars by pulling out when they don't think they can win (or whatever the reason).

I did didn't I

And now the self absorbed iriots think they've got a chance against Trump theirselves ... when even when every man and his dog just fucken knew Hitlery was gonna beat the man that not even his own Party really  supported ( him not bein' a reg-u-lar politician an' all ).

But that " every man and his dog " were not actually every man and his dog, they were the 'so-called powers that be in the know' over there that thought they had the natural pull just like all times past