Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

Could the Democrats please wake up ?

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

I really do not think so Leo, I can't stand Putin but thee is no doubt that he is smart.

He’s a street-smart thug with a penchant for self-aggrandisement, lies and personal put-downs, a horrible relationship with the press whom he calls anti-patriotic.

And those are his best features.

Sound like anyone?

Heh.

I don't regard him as street-smart, his years in KGB or FSB, whatever you want to call it today took him beyond that, his lies are far more difficult to expose, his personal put downs are far more subtle and he seems to deal with the press by killing them, so not particularly, no...

Cheers

4 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Heh.

I don't regard him as street-smart, his years in KGB or FSB, whatever you want to call it today took him beyond that, his lies are far more difficult to expose, his personal put downs are far more subtle and he seems to deal with the press by killing them, so not particularly, no...

Cheers

He was a horrible student at university and high school.

He didn’t amount to shit until he promised Yeltsin to sign a pardon for him, absolving him of all crimes - until then he was a barely known party apparatchik.

He likes younger women and he is suspected of having children to three women.

🙂

Well, Yeltsin was not much more than a drunken buffoon and there is nothing wrong with younger women although I did see a sign the other day that made me laugh:

"Two thirds of Trump's wives have been immigrants which proves that we need immigrant labor to do jobs that Americans wont take on."

🙂

Cheers

Who is going to be turned off voting for Trump by an ad reel of his gaffes, that isn't already going to not vote for him? 

How many times was Bush Jnr elected, despite struggling to talk on cue?

• Like 1

🙂

More questions, you really do have a penchant for them.

Short answer, I don't know, Trump is a mutant enigma that defies any ability to categorise him, cunning like a fox, dumb as a brick, his lips are moving so he's lying.

If America is so stupid that they re-elect him then they deserve him, unfortunately the effects of his Presidency is not confined to the U.S. otherwise I would not give a shit, he'd just be some other flash-in-the-pan probably South American dictator who'd get lynched next week.

He's not, by his sheer stupidity he frankly scares me because he controls far too much.

It seems this week he is playing with the stock market, distinct suggestions his "friends" are profiting and will backhand him later.

He's a sleeze, but perhaps that is all America deserves, pity it sloshes over to the broader world...

Cheers

6 hours ago, chrisg said:

Short answer, I don't know, Trump is a mutant enigma that defies any ability to categorise him, cunning like a fox, dumb as a brick, his lips are moving so he's lying.

Cunning like a fox, dumb as a brick.

Ever think the dumb as a brick bit is media manipulation by his own self? He wrote the book on it.

And your inability to categorise him is exactly his appeal.

That makes for a very sad state of affairs in what should be the adult game called politics.

I can't same I'm surprised, the fools are playing to the gallery, we are close to being back at the Roman Games....

Cheers

18 hours ago, Leonid said:

Ever think the dumb as a brick bit is media manipulation by his own self? He wrote the book on it.

Nah Chris knows better than Trump and Johnson and their public personas.  Hes smart, you know.

20 hours ago, Leonid said:

maybe he has been misunderestimated ?

🙂

Very possibly scruffy.

Nich, I don't have to be smart to be smarter than these morons, my cat can outwit them....

Cheers

Devil in a blue dress !

A portrait of Billy-boy in a blue dress and red shoes rocks or rocked Epstien's Manhattan mansion

On 8/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, Leonid said:

BTW Leo, he did NOT write the book, it was ghost written and is mostly crap anyway.

He has trouble writing coherent tweets these days...

Cheers

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

it was ghost written

what, you mean Reagan wrote it ?

🙂

Some hack, forget who, it was always pretty much an open secret. "The Art of the Deal"  it was parodied as "The Art of the Steal" by SNL I think.

I did warn a while back that his messing with tariffs would disrupt the market, it sure has, check the Dow today. People are worried and moving out of stock into T bonds etc, that is a common precursor to a recession.

Trump of course is calling it "Fake News." That's rubbish, it is a simple reality that the market is falling, in some cases dramatically. GE in particular.

GE is unrelated but symptomatic of chaos in the markets, seems they have been hiding losses for years.

Cheers

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

I did warn a while back that his messing with tariffs would disrupt the market, it sure has, check the Dow today

Ok I checked the Dow today.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oHCZMNv

Do you take refunds on your panic sales?

It was down rather dramatically this am - bloody thing is all over the place so is the FTSE and the Hang Seng. There are a lot of nervous investors about.

It has been basically top item of discussion on the ABC all morning with several notable financial advisers muttering about a 50/50 chance of recession with several key indicators that have proven reliable in the past.

Panic sales are precisely the point, a lot of people who play the markets these days are far from experienced at doing so.

Cheers

Investors are spooked by unstable politics?  Ah but it was so stable before Trump came in and caused problems with China and HK and Brexit.

• Like 1

Hmm.

He's only guilty of one of those, his ridiculous trade war with China. Hong Kong is certainly reason for concern, I've a friend here who is currently hosting pretty much his girlfriend, who is Hong Kong Chinese' entire extended family they have no intention of returning until it settles down, never if it doesn't, they all have permanent residency.

Brexit, I'm not really convinced people care too much, they ought to, a number of businesses have already deserted the Financial centre of London, and further afield.

But what always comes back to top of the news is tariffs - strangely enough, as I was reminded this morning, they were in large measure the cause of the great depression.

Circumstances are very different now but the two largest economies in the world squabbling, someone is going to get hurt.

Trump plain and simply does not understand tariffs and he does not seem to want to listen to those who do.

Cheers

Tariffs by proxy have been going on for years anyway.  The US with assistance programs and fuel subsidies (not to mention by default having just about the lowest fuel taxes in the world).

China with it's slave labour rates and currency manipulation to favour exports.

• Like 2

China has had tariffs against US imports for decades.

Trump calls them out on it and raises tariffs to force them to negotiate.

He is running a “ridiculous trade war” and is the real problem.

PC-ness dictates that China is an emerging industrial nation and should get special treatment until such time it's GDP exceeds that of the US.

Hmm.

China is very much a have/have not society, for the have's the tariffs would not matter one iota.

America could, perhaps, be seen a bit the same way but the sort of products that China are selling into America are mostly mass market low end, all Trump is doing is hurting the hip pocket of Americans who can least afford it.

That's why I say he doesn't understand tariffs, they don't affect him.

Japan has been very much the same, for, well forever really, Thailand also makes it very expensive to buy a lot of Western product.

Tit-for-tat does not make it right, or sensible.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Tit-for-tat does not make it right, or sensible.

China threatens the sale of US debt, pressures US businesses invested in China's market, uses boycotts, restricts critical imports and exports, and employs predatory practices.

In 2017, the Chamber of Commerce urged the White House to "use every arrow" in its quiver to ensure a level commercial playing field in China but added the caveat that "some of these points of leverage could be counterproductive to us".

Translation: "don't screw us, or else".

The Chamber spent $87m lobbying politicians and that money makes them listen. China's impact on US businesses means that they run scared - and this means China shrewdly pits the US business community against the US government.

But yeah... sure.... it's all Trump's fault.

• Like 2