Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

...and another mass shooting in America...

So my abc news feed last night told me about a place in Adelaide that was raided ...I think about two hundred guns/rifles were found, of which about thirty odd were registered. Also appropriate amount t of ammo was collected .

Not bad going for a Country that doesn't allow guns as a general rule ...

And ?

They were raided, the guns were seized, police doing a good job - I'd guess probably bikie related. Unfortunately Adelaide does have a rather healthy bikie component that thinks because it is generally pretty quiet here overall that they can get away with things, particularly stashing arms and drugs and making use of/selling them Interstate.

it's impossible to know of course how many don't get caught but S.A. police do a pretty good job by all accounts.

It's attrition mostly, it is very, very difficult to get guns into Australia illegally these days so the more guns they seize in this manner the less illegals remain.

That's a pretty good haul.

Cheers

6 hours ago, eveln said:

I guess any President would need that. Crikey I bet our Scotty has a deal of self belief too ... bloody sure Shorten did as well ...

Which brings my point full circle in a way. If you think the gun nuts follow you and you believe in yourself as a leader then you probably aren't worried about them being armed and maybe see it as a positive. 

5 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Which brings my point full circle in a way. If you think the gun nuts follow you and you believe in yourself as a leader then you probably aren't worried about them being armed and maybe see it as a positive. 

um. just because a person has belief in their self doesn't mean they stop worrying. That's just silly. I have belief in myself but I still worry what the crazy person over the way might get it in their head to do ... keeps me vigilant and safe-ish

As per Dan Hodges:

“In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over.”

• Like 1

So true Leo.

De Grasse made  the mistake of pointing out how many more people are killed in car accidents, flu epidemics etc in a Tweet and the twitterverse practically erupted.

They in general do not seem to get that these is kind of a difference between getting scared to go to the local Walmart, or indeed to school in case some nut with a gun turns up and accepting the fact that just living has the possibility to kill you.

One is a tragedy, should it happen, the other is an act of pure insane malice and determination to indiscriminately kill.

Cheers