The search settings

Please wait 2 minutes before attempting to continue reading

of the forum at the present time

"Please wait 8 minutes before attempting to finish reading this post"

are completely

"Please wait 80 minutes before attempting to finish reading this post"

and utterly

"Please wait 8 days before attempting to finish reading this post"

search for anything, find nothing you like in the first page, click on page 2 — BAM! 2 second penalty sin bin page — wait, refresh, nothing on page 2 either, click page 3 — BAM 8 second penalty page — and so on...

same if you search and then click one of the suggestions too quickly eg. searching for "Woozle Wuzzle" will give you a shortcut to search for "Woozle AND Wuzzle" instead.  i just did it — BAM! 26 second penalty O_o

I just searched for bob the builder and it gave me 74 pages of loose hits.  Each successive page loads almost instantly.

OK, not logged in on another browser and it's giving me the timeout, along with Error code: 1C205/3

That the one you're getting?

Just confirming, sorry, that you're logged in when this is happening?

i knew that question was implied, and yet somehow i didnt preempt it.

yep, logged in. 

so never mind if it doesnt happen to anyone else.  it may just be me, since ive had weird behaviour with my log ins since the last update. generally, if i log in without the "remember me" box ticked, i show up as logged in, but there is no quote button on posts and i cant reply.  this is fixed by me logging in a second time, also without the "remember me" box ticked.  but then during the session my ability to post would sometimes be revoked whilst still "logged in", even after i had posted moments earlier.  not sure if this was after a consistent idle time or what.  and there was other weirdness beyond that, but i am sketchy since ive been using the "remember me" box for a while.  it could be my old browser version.

Which browser/version?  Have you tried clearing cookies/cache?  Does it happen using a different browser on the same machine, if you log in?

FF 50.something haha.  cookies and/or cache makes no difference.

but no problem in latest waterfox...

Is that waterfox using your normal FF profile, or a fresh one?

thats a thing?  must be something to do with their shared code base.  its fresh.

Por favor, could you try creating a new firefox profile and trying the search facility again, both logged out and logged in?

okay, did that.  still all SNAFUd up the wazoo.

switched to new profile.  logged in.  search still borked.  plus, couldnt log out (which was another orginal symptom, btw  (1) ).  restarted browser.  made sure i was in the new profile.  deleted all cache, cookies, the whole shebang.  before logging in, tried to test search -- and BAM, i was fake logged in (2) -- and couldnt log out.  deleted stuff, restarted, clicked on green room bookmark, already fake logged in, but click on "home" and not logged in, but click on "Tech Talk" etc, and fake logged in.

dont know what to make of this.  i will try to update this browser and see what happens before ditching it for a new install.

(1) when i click the sign out button, i go to the forum root (https://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/?&_fromLogout=1) or i get a something went wrong page (Error code: 2S119/1) -- but either way, i stay fake logged in

(2) cant submit posts ("saving..." flashes up after clicking "submit" but nothing happens), whilst i can still click on my name, open my profile, and open a text box by clicking on "Write a public message on your own feed".

p.s. to actually submit this post, i had to save it to the clipboard, go back to https://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/ where i was not logged in, log in (again?) with "remember me", which got me the something went wrong page, and then i came back here to post for real haha

p.p.s and even now, during this edit, if i go to https://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/ i get the Sign Up button — WTF mang!

Edited by @~thehung

@@~thehungI'm trying a thing where I can log in to your account via admin controls.  Search pages are slow to load, but not giving the timeout you were getting.  I'm not au fait with logging in as another user, so I can't rule out whether this problem is with your account or with your browsing device(s) :<