Sign in to follow this  
the_13th

Corsair H115i installation issues

Posted (edited)

I'm having issues with the installation of this AIO and I can't figure out why, I don't think it should be hard it sounds simple enough but I can't seem to get the screws for mounting the fans into the radiator to screw in properly, or at all. 

When trying to put them in they continue to cross thread no matter how many times I go backwards to set them right. 

Edit: submitted a customer service query with Corsair 🙂

Edited by the_13th

Yeah I watched that yesterday trying to get an idea of see if he said anything about the screws being tight but it doesnt really say anything, I cant even get the screws to turn once before it locks and I cant seem to get any further. Without force, which im reluctant to do given the warnings about over tightening without knowing its normal

For the short term I've thrown the stock on while I'm waiting to hear back from them, this way I can get it set up and running then clean and exchange it later

If it is anything like this the screws have just hit the fins and you need to use a little more force.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/problem-with-the-radiator-screws-corsair-h115i-rgb-platinum-aio-cooler.3483198/

Other rads can have the tubes behind the screws which will kill the rad and make it leak everywhere but yours should be fine.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dasa said:

If it is anything like this the screws have just hit the fins and you need to use a little more force.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/problem-with-the-radiator-screws-corsair-h115i-rgb-platinum-aio-cooler.3483198/

Other rads can have the tubes behind the screws which will kill the rad and make it leak everywhere but yours should be fine.

Awesome so I can relax this is great news