chrisg

Anyone seen Cybes lately ?

Welcome back.  C'mon, you should know by now that this place is the cure for depression!

Or maybe not... in my experience one of the best ways to get rid of it is to "get out and enjoy it" ie - get outside in the weather (even if it's crappy) and do "things".

The growth of the condition these days to almost plague proportion seems to be largely thanks to the fact that indoors based inactivity seems to be the new national sport.

• Like 1

Hope everything is ok Cybes. We understand, but hope you know that we care and you are someone that is worth caring about.

Do what you need to do, but remember we are always here to lead an ear, or a hand, or a shoulder. Or just to fill the quiet places or overrule the inner noise that sometimes makes it all seem worse. 

• Like 2
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

14 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

here to lead an ear,

I've never tried to " lead an ear "  ... I'm sure it would be fun and make a smile or smirk crack the sombre face 😛

Morning Cybes good to see your avatar. A bit of quiet is good now and then ...but you know, there be people here waiting to give you shit too, so you must do better with your allotments of quiet time and atomic time, please ?

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rybags said:

get outside in the weather (even if it's crappy) and do "things".

Yeah, well...  That's the issue, really.

23 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

we are always here to lead an ear, or a hand, or a shoulder

Thanks, Chaos - the offer is much appreciated.  There's just nothing much anyone can do about me generally feeling like setting the whole world on fire and laughing at the screaming people falling down.  It's...getting better.

15 minutes ago, eveln said:

there be people here waiting to give you shit too

^^.  Would not have been a good mix.

2 minutes ago, Cybes said:
18 minutes ago, eveln said:

there be people here waiting to give you shit too

^^.  Would not have been a good mix.

Ahh yes. too early in the morn for me obviously. Have a better day 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Thanks, Chaos - the offer is much appreciated.  There's just nothing much anyone can do about me generally feeling like setting the whole world on fire and laughing at the screaming people falling down.  It's...getting better.

Sometimes it's not about anyone "doing" anything, so much as just knowing that people are there if you want. 

We can't stop the world being a dick, but we can laugh/cry/rage/hold up a middle finger at it with you. It's not much, and a lot less than we'd like to do, but sometimes it might be enough. 🙂

• Like 2

Welcome back mate , was getting concerned - the Black Dog tried to take a bite out of you huh?

I can't with honesty say that I really know the feeling much but I can well sympathise.

Yell out if you want a chat or whatever, always around to help.

Take it easy.

Cheers

• Like 1

I hit the "like" button on Chaos.Lady's post. It's the realest thing .

Hey mate, good to hear from you again, and best wishes with working things through.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cybes said:

... but I am still alive.

🙂

(I know this won't count for much, but I'd miss seeing you here if you weren't around as much)

4 hours ago, chrisg said:

the Black Dog tried to take a bite out of you huh?

I really don't know, tbh.  My understanding of depression is much wanting to die yourself, whereas mine has been more wanting to make everything else do the dying - accompanied by a great big greyness where the feelings ought to be.  It's not the first time - I spent 2 years like that from 23-25.  Scary part is I was a gun owner then.  Good thing I knew even then it was a batshit feeling that would only make things worse.

1 hour ago, GTAV6 said:

I know this won't count for much...

You'd be surprised.  When ^that hits, it's easy to think nobody knows or cares that you're even still alive, let alone in the room.

• Like 1

Hmm,

As  I said, I really do not know much about it but there has been some mention of depression associated with some of the recent mass shootings in the US.

Not suggesting you need it but Beyond Blue is always there as an option.

It does sound to me as if you are feeling helpless and consequently wanting to lash out, but I'm by no means a psych.

Cheers

anger is a blokey variant of low mood

although sometimes wanting to make everyone else die is just a manifestation of needing time alone

but better to just leave them live and have time alone, really

hope your life is less bleak soon; been there,done that (briefly, luckily), and i feel your pain

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

...just a manifestation of needing time alone

but better to just leave them live and have time alone, really

"Me"-time is something I have a surfeit of.  Self-inflicted, though - I'm not very comfortable with more than a handful of people at once.

And, yeah, that's always been my thinking too.

Thanks for all the well-wishes from everyone!

3 hours ago, Cybes said:

I really don't know, tbh.  My understanding of depression is much wanting to die yourself, whereas mine has been more wanting to make everything else do the dying - accompanied by a great big greyness where the feelings ought to be.

It takes many many forms.  It's always shit.  It's always isolating.

• Like 1

despite enjoying company, i very rarely instigate social events

the difference between loneliness and being alone is liking your own company enough to stay amused

as one of my university friends (now a professor of psychology back in adelaide) once opined "if you can't laugh at yourself, you're fucked"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cybes said:

I really don't know, tbh.  My understanding of depression is much wanting to die yourself, whereas mine has been more wanting to make everything else do the dying - accompanied by a great big greyness where the feelings ought to be. 

it means different things to different people

I developed it a year ago, never felt like offing myself

I was OK during the week, keeping busy at work, dreaded the weekends, though. too much time to think

Edited by TheManFromPOST
  • Like 1

In the wee hours and then around 6am this morning we had our first rain in ages and then I log in to see you on the board Cybes . All in all a much better day all round

Edited by eveln

On 9/26/2019 at 6:45 AM, eveln said:

...but you know, there be people here waiting to give you shit too

🤔🤨

25 minutes ago, Kimmo said:
On 26/09/2019 at 6:45 AM, eveln said:

...but you know, there be people here waiting to give you shit too

🤔🤨

it's called humour .

But now you have me worried

fuck  😟