Sign in to follow this  
fliptopia

Galax Video Cards

I'm possibly looking at a 2060super and saw a Galax branded card for about $599 here:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/galax-geforce-rtx-2060-super-ex-1click-oc-8gb-video-card-ac25353?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8svsBRDqARIsAHKVyqGnuDq_uH0h2ELBg4EcWot_ebgQiuk4zm3ieETQTzBrBT-zMWN-KrkaAiYzEALw_wcB

I remember the brand being "Galaxy" and they always seemed a bit poorly built. This *looks* fine and they seem ok reputation wise now but I was curious what anyone here thought of them. 

Posted (edited)

As far as I know the biggest down side to the brand is 2y warranty vs 3 years on some of the others.

Not sure how loud the HSF is on that model but specs suggest it is a fairly large HSF so it should be ok.

Edited by Dasa

There would be a % of cards that fail in that time for any manufacturer dropping it allows them to sell them cheaper.

Sometimes a manufacturer may use cheaper parts that are less likely to last as long or with Seagate when they swapped to a factory in china there warranty went from 5y to 1y then 2y and now they have a few products with 3-5 years again.

Ah who knows a bit like Hitachi changing to Hikoki.

Kinda weird, anything ending with X sounds more like a drug name to me.