Sign in to follow this  
hulkster

Benny and the cat

Meet Benny.  31 kilo English Staffy.  Wont hurt a bloody fly.  ( Well, actually, yeah he does try and eats bees) 

12 months ago I got a Kitten.  Tiny thing. Since day 1 the cat has given Benny hell. Jumps all over him, attacks him, even bites his ears.

Poor ole Benny just sits there and cops it all. Bloody hilarious.

A few weeks ago the cat bit benny on his ball bag.  Benny wont go near it now. ( the cat, he still licks his balls) 

Ziggy ( the cat)  sits at the door meowing for Benny to come inside.  Benny wont lol

Anyone else have pet problems ?

benny2.jpg

benny.jpg

• Like 1

Nah got no pets Hulks, instead got a couple of irritating striated pardalotes that sit in the bush outside my window and do this all day for months at a time.

46 minutes ago, hulkster said:

A few weeks ago the cat bit benny on his ball bag.  Benny wont go near it now.

Personally don't blame the poor bugger.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fliptopia said:

One of our cats thinks he's a dog. But generally they have no issues. 

Gee fliptopia, you're being a bit flippant with you pet's psyche dude  ... I'm sure there's a cat shrink out there who could help

we don't do pets here. Our neighbours are dog people, which is fine now that we have trained all the neighbours to not let their dogs pooh on our area . They used to be cat people. I'm not fond of cats as they used to tear holes in the fly screen trying to climb for the various wild life of their choice . The bugger was, the holes weren't big so's you'd immediately notice them. It was when you're being attacked by every frigging mozzie in the known universe that you'd ( or I would ) go looking for the cat tears 😕

Edited by eveln

Yeah I got a 50kg German Shepherd. He'll be 5 on the 9th of December.

My cat, Bruce (not sure if anyone remembers him?) he's nearly 16 now.

Initially they didn't get along.
Floyd, my dog, just wanted to play with Bruce. But Bruce was shitting himself - slashed Floyd's nose a couple of times, drew blood.

Now they get along just fine. All good.

No ball sack biting.

😂

we have 2 cats, a dog, and have recently been somewhat adopted by a currawong (who is keen on pet food)

the dog is gorgeous, one of the cats is a dementing domestic shorthair who is pretty clueless, and the other is a semi-domesticated fat tabby that is pretty sweet but pushy and hates being handled though enjoys a pat (unless you try and pick her up)

previous  (now deceased) cat was a blue burmese - spectacular creature who was a great pet

then there's a selection of ring tail and brush tail possums - rather they found somewhere else to linger

and a pair of rainbow lorikeets presently nesting in the roof space of the upstairs balcony in a cavity chewed out by a previous occupant (a ringtail)

a10326225-75-blondie.jpg

PSA : cos sceuffy1 mentioned possums.

Our weekly local rag yesterday informed me, that what is commonly known up here as " Daintree Ulcer " , can be yours if you have a connection with possum pooh. There are a couple of other ways connected with soils etc, but it was the first time I'd heard about the possum connection. It's a particularly horrible skin and flesh eating nasty.

It seems it's reared it's ugliness again this year with three people so far. Two from up here abouts and one Victorian. Sadly the article didn't specify where the Vic. contracted the ulcer ...

On 10/3/2019 at 10:08 AM, hulkster said:

Benny wont go near it now

On 10/3/2019 at 10:08 AM, hulkster said:

Ziggy ( the cat)

Took me long enough but it finally twigged you must be a David Bowie fan.

God I'm slow.

Ahhh Staffies!  They look tough, but they're just bloody doormats!   Your kitten sounds like he has "alpha"  issues haha - which is sad, because my first English Stafford loved his kitty playmates.  They were forever playing games with each other.... in fact one cat up and died within days of my Stafford passing away nearly 9 years ago.  Absolutely devastating... and then the other cat actually re-homed herself a few weeks later.  My current American Stafford and male cat don't like each other so they play the whole avoidance game.

And as for the bees ("jalapeño sky raisins") yeah - always had swollen puppy snouts hahaha