Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

Go Greta, go !!

4 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

they can't find many 16yo kids who don't strike from school for the opportunity for a day off. 

seeing she has the attributes of autism, it's quite likely at the end of the day's striking from school, she goes home and does the day's curriculum anyway ... that's sort of a handy bi-product wouldn't you say.

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

Hmm,

It's moved a considerable way on from there though. I can't speak for other cities but the Friday marches here in Adelaide have been huge with many adults, whatever that means, taking part as well.

I have no idea who is behind her now but in the beginning it was totally a grass roots movement. It moved on social media at the speed of a grass-fire though and doubtless more powerful forces are taking advantage of that.

Cheers

16 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I figured she was famous for not shutting up when she's told to shut up

They should meet my 2yo.

• Like 1

or me

seriously, i am more than a bit over the growth industry that is medicalisation of what in ages past would be variations on the norm

autism is every male, just like asthma is every person that breathes - it's the arbitrary lines drawn to give people a "condition" that go haywire, because ultimately that's down to clinical opinion rather than hard science, and everyone is a player, either to sell their remedy, or outsource responsibility for personal weirdness

hey !  it's a bit like the climate "emergency" isn't it ?

no one in their right mind could neglect to notice that the last few years our planet has been ramping up the extremes of weather - onoz!  let's call it an emergency !  because ... you know, that adds gravity to the issue where coherent discussion might simply come up with reasonable understanding of where this is all going

is global warming a thing ?  in my opinion, probably, but i'll be dead before it's obvious enough to kill me

is in anthropogenic ?  possibly... but like a bad asthmatic choosing to smoke, it's rather stupid to persist with bad habits that will demonstrably exacerbate an existing condition

like people with advanced cancer choosing "alternative treatments", the persistence of expansionism in a closed system is untreated malignancy doing what it does

but social outrage is the equivalent of gerson therapy - lots of hype and pseudo-science which makes self-righteous people dead

8 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

but social outrage is the equivalent of gerson therapy - lots of hype and pseudo-science which makes self-righteous people dead

QFT

2 hours ago, eveln said:

those putting her on the net to be seen were banking on the momentum having just the effect it has

Then those people would be fuckheads.  Stuff goes viral when it shouldn't, and doesn't when it should ALL THE TIME.  You'd get a better return on your time by working overtime and spending the extra paycheck on advertising.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cybes said:

...Stuff goes viral when it shouldn't,...

hah , we agree

19 hours ago, Damo said:

Go cry into your pillow fuck nuts.

u mad pro? 😄 theres plenty better places to do "research". just saying.

on reflection, i have added a clarifying edit to my post.  merry christmas.

South Lanarkshire CC getting in on the act now...
(They also have a Spready Mercury, Gritney Spears & Gary Gritter

RgnQeIz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

does gary gritter leave a white powder ?

Some wag once told me that I was so old that when I cum, puffs of dust are emitted!

14 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Sure is dusty in here

coulda sworn you weren't that old  dude ! or is just rust ?

HNY !!!

• Like 1