Sign in to follow this  
DEVERE

A few things Atomic has taught me

Things I have learned during my time on Atomic

I’ve been around the forums for just over 11 years now - pretty active during the first year or two (sorry 'bout that) slacked off and then absent for a few more years - its kinda cool to be kicking back in the Green Room and catching up with old acquaintances again….Thanks @Chaos.Lady for getting my log in fixed.

I’ve learnt a lot during my time here and just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all I’ve gotten to know over the time.

DON’T SHOUT! It hurts the eardrums.

There’s some super funny buggers in here - given the wide demographic age the humour is much varied.

Advice is plentiful - be it relationship, tech, food, pet, gardening or anything in between

Most of us are up for a good strong debate on a wide variety of subjects

Spam is bad mmm’kay? Rankspam - not so much.

Acronyms are fun….and confusing…. IANAL is not a new sexual position 😲

Visual poisoning is a real thing (Lemon Party, Blue Waffle, Bukake etc) - keep bleach on hand 😆

Spelling and grammar is super important….. as 1shot1kill will quickly point out.

Don’t feed the trolls

and finally - ignore Takoma  😜

Edited by DEVERE
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Hmm,

Never bothered to get my earlier post count restored tbh, never really taken much notice. I think the only time I ever did was as it approached 10,000 and that was long ago.

Not too hard to ignore Takoma these days, he's not been around for ages, unless you manage to wake him up with this 🙂

Cheers

I don't know what a blue waffle is, or a bukake either. The latter does sorta sound like I should know it ... Perhaps I once did and have miraculously wiped it from my mind. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, eveln said:

I don't know what a blue waffle is, or a bukake either. The latter does sorta sound like I should know it ... Perhaps I once did and have miraculously wiped it from my mind. 

Yeah you definitely need to wipe stuff away after one of those...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Never bothered to get my earlier post count restored tbh, never really taken much notice. I think the only time I ever did was as it approached 10,000 and that was long ago.

Funny you should mention that when DEVERE didn't.

Never really taken much notice you say?

🤣

• Haha 2

🙂

She did actually, just not in this thread - what's your beef now ? - you really are beginning to get on my nerves...

Of course you shouldn't really, you're just a twat...

Cheers

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

Yeah you definitely need to wipe stuff away after one of those...

I'll take you word for it ... no probs

44 minutes ago, chrisg said:

just not in this thread

that might be the thing, yeah ? Not in this thread, so um not at all really relevant

Edited by eveln

14 hours ago, eveln said:

I'll take you word for it ... no probs

that might be the thing, yeah ? Not in this thread, so um not at all really relevant

🙂

Only if it is your mistaken belief that every thread is a totally discrete conversation.

Cheers

Takoma was usually entertaining and IIRC almost always courteous... never saw the start of the running joke to ignore him. 

I've learnt to ignore Leonid and twinair, for the most part. Show this post? Yeah, probably not. 

Yeah I dunno how the "Ignore Takoma" started - he's a decent guy from what I know of him (met him once IRL) and he did make me a very nice Avatar 😁

@eveln bukake, lemon party and the like - don't go googling lol.... its not pleasant lol.

Lots of members MIA these days - I guess life just rolls on and people have other things to do.  The Green Room certainly ain't the party it used to be.

• Like 1

🙂

No it isn't but Tak is indeed a very, very pleasant guy. I have not seen him for a number of years, sort of dropped off the radar, but I'm sure he is out there somewhere  🙂 Last I heard he was managing a paint store down Rockingham way I think.

The origins of "ignore Takoma" are lost in the midst of time - and so it should be  🙂

Cheers

@DEVERE iirc it was LogicprObe back in the day who warned me not to Google lemon party. Like a " red rag to a bull " , 😞

're Takoma, I too was given the same spiel. My impression was that he was likely tooooo sane for his peers round here, hence the " ". "ignore" bit was just pure unadulterated jealousy 😛

@Kimmo you don't ignore those guys. lol but you just lurve to spat 😉

• Haha 1

Takoma popped up on the Discord, but he's not particularly active there either.

On 16/10/2019 at 12:52 PM, Kimmo said:

Takoma was usually entertaining and IIRC almost always courteous... never saw the start of the running joke to ignore him.

Something something @hectorbustnuts had much much much better taste in movies/everything, relative to @Takoma.  'Ignore Takoma, he likes bad stuff and is bad'. (include your preferred number of grains of salt)

My oh my how the tables have turned now, tho'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tak's active on Facebook.

All you boomers are missing out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twinair said:

Tak's active on Facebook.

All you boomers are missing out.

the book of face is not universally attractive

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

the book of face is not universally attractive