Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Time for a new religion

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

@KimmoDo you think gay bars should be forced to let Christian preachers in?

only if they are looking for butt sex

31 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

only if they are looking for butt sex

Oh man! room for so many possible follow on innuendos.

*note to self - keep it clean...must resist!*

Pastafarianism already covers all the requirements. It's completely made up, so there's no reason to take it seriously; there's a cool hat; and you can be ordained any time you like. Plus, noodles.

It has the added advantage of sounding exactly as ridiculous as all the other real religions, so whenever someone says some dumb Xtian thing you can piss them off instantly by referring to having been touched by the noodly appendages of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Added bonus: pasta is real!

• Haha 1

interestingly, i am an ordained member of that religion

and appropriately, my other approved religious leaning (buddhism) is completely at ease with dual allegiances

namaste (and ramen)

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

12 hours ago, Leonid said:

I'm not.

I only would like Kimmo to leave. There are enough drug-addled losers out there who've achieved nothing, will achieve nothing- yet somehow imagine they have an answer for how the rest of us should spend or earn our money and live our lives; and the Internet is polluted enough as it is.

No. I disagree. Like you he is prone to speak in the plural. It's wrong to do that. Like you he is putting forward an argument to anyone who bothers to read it, but there's only one person reading at a time from their own screen. Each of us are not Borg . Not yet anyways 🙂

8 hours ago, NZT48 said:

@Kimmo: Do you think gay bars should be forced to let Christian preachers in?

[ I'm not kimmo, right ? 😛 ]

...but I think gay bars should be open to anyone of legal age who wants to go there, and that includes Christian preachers

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fenn said:

Pastafarianism already covers all the requirements. It's completely made up, so there's no reason to take it seriously; there's a cool hat; and you can be ordained any time you like. Plus, noodles.

It has the added advantage of sounding exactly as ridiculous as all the other real religions, so whenever someone says some dumb Xtian thing you can piss them off instantly by referring to having been touched by the noodly appendages of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Added bonus: pasta is real!

Hey Fenn. It might cover all somebody's requirements, but not those outlined in the OP. 

3 hours ago, eveln said:

Like you he is putting forward an argument to anyone who bothers to read it

A failed theory by a loser from the 1850s who mooched off his friends and put forward a theory that mooching off everyone else is equality  - is not an argument.

43 minutes ago, Leonid said:

A failed theory by a loser from the 1850s who mooched off his friends and put forward a theory that mooching off everyone else is equality  - is not an argument.

Obviously not according to you 🙂 .

If whatever anyone thinks helps them sleep at night then that's their biz. Whatever Kimmo thinks is not gonna wreck my sleep and I shouldn't think it will hurt anyone else's.

As someone said earlier, they were unaware of Kimmo having that much influence. Same can be said of any of us here

Edited by eveln

6 minutes ago, eveln said:

If whatever anyone thinks helps them sleep at night then that's their biz. Whatever Kimmo thinks is not gonna wreck my sleep and I shouldn't think it will hurt anyone else's.

As someone said earlier, they were unaware of Kimmo having that much influence. Same can be said of any of us here

And if Kimmo was an anti-vaxxer?

1 minute ago, Leonid said:

And if Kimmo was an anti-vaxxer?

Then I would hurl abuse at him for that. Of course I would, with free and careless abandon. I've not tried to restrain your posts Leonid just the idea of you rejecting atomicans is all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eveln said:

Then I would hurl abuse at him for that. Of course I would, with free and careless abandon. I've not tried to restrain your posts Leonid just the idea of you rejecting atomicans is all.

Anti-vaxxers are responsible for maybe 15,000-20,000 deaths all up?

Communists are responsible for a hundred million.

When is it ok to reject Atomicans if not then? The man literally supports ideologies that ALWAYS lead to mass murder and concentration camps. And no the rhetorical ones - communist concentration camps aren't ones you can leave willingly any time you like.

Like if NZT48 was bullied into leaving, would you call him back? Do we really need Nazis on this forum? Do we really need commie authoritarian losers?

Edited by Leonid

Anti-vaxxers are responsible for maybe 15,000-20,000 deaths all up?

Communists are responsible for a hundred million.

When is it ok to reject Atomicans if not then?

Oh, you can reject who ever you want, just as I have done. You can continue as you please. That's the beauty of this place now. I'm just saying how I feel is all

One of the things we hypothesised was that ignorance was due to lack of information access.

Then we got the internet which gave people information.

All of a sudden we have anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, the alt-reich, the ctrl-left, "gender is fluid" fruitloops, resurgent commies and troofers.

I'd say our hypothesis was wrong.

• Haha 1

One of the things we hypothesised was that ignorance was due to lack of information access.

All of a sudden we have anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, the alt-reich, the ctrl-left, "gender is fluid" fruitloops, resurgent commies and troofers.

I'd say our hypothesis was wrong.

we are still free to pick and choose from the  sources available to us <<< that is the issue.

I hope you hang around forever to keep me up to date with it all . I mean that very seriously even though I am grinning right now

2 minutes ago, eveln said:

we are still free to pick and choose from the  sources available to us <<< that is the issue.

I hope you hang around forever to keep me up to date with it all . I mean that very seriously even though I am grinning right now

I'm hanging around but if I can make sure that Kimmo fucks off, I'll complete the long lost 614th commandment

"Thou shalt put commies into the ground and keep them there"

I'm not much of a religious guy, you dig... but the 614th commandment rings true.

Edited by Leonid

Holy fuckballs Kimmo, I'm sorry that you've ended up representing the hard left by yourself around here. Clearly time and past that I came back to throw dungbombs at Leonid. 

Leo,  I'm too drunk to laugh at specifics, just assume that I've rolled my eyes at your very religious nonreligiousness, and get offended please. You cool with that?

Ta love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Errr... it's been a long time since I've been offended.

How does one do such things?

5 minutes ago, Leonid said:

I'm hanging around but if I can make sure that Kimmo fucks off, I'll complete the long lost 614th commandment

"Thou shalt put commies into the ground and keep them there"

I'm not much of a religious guy, you dig... but the 614th commandment rings true.

614 huh ? ohhh but that's a mighty long list. it sounds tiresome

• Like 2

Just now, eveln said:

614 huh ? ohhh but that's a mighty long list. it sounds tiresome

The Torah has 613 good deeds called "mitzvah" or "mitzvot" in plural form.

They're strong suggestions. 301 and 302 are particularly nice - if you rape a woman you have to marry her, and can't divorce her.

9 hours ago, Leonid said:

you fail to acknowledge the rather large gap between bullshit and information

the internet gave the world at large access to most anything that people cared to put up there

the discrimination to recognise fact from fantasy is not widespread, unfortunately

and people seem to believe what they like

your george orwell quote neatly describes both the good and the bad aspects of the interweb

Edited by scruffy1
to more accurately describe my position
  • Like 1

I work in IT. Bullshit and information are the same things in my field. It’s why we have datalakes and analytics 🙂

Which is much the same way of saying we need a filter. But the point stands - information access is not the problem.

I guess my position it that extremists can be dangerous as they lack any tolerance for any and all that don't share their views.

Left, right, or religious extremists, any extremists can be dangerous.

Edited by datafast69

I draw the line at communists, Nazis, anti-vaxxers and Islamists.

Defence of and use of wholesale mass murder based on ideology is not an opinion. It’s psychopathy.

5 hours ago, Leonid said:

I draw the line at communists, Nazis, anti-vaxxers and Islamists.

you need to include the KKK, a Christian fundamentalist group

Antifa, using violence to protest violence

Union thuggery

YouTube, using censorship in the land of free speech to silence those they disagree with politically

• Like 1