Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Time for a new religion

So, with the coalition's religious freedom legislation on the table, it looks like time for a similar stunt to that pulled off by the Satanists in the States - douchebag Republicans put a sculpture of the ten commandments in a capitol building, so they got a statue of Beelzebub put next to it. 

This ridiculous bullshit whereby the religious convictions of Xtian fuckwits trumps the human rights of others is apparently not reductio ad absurdum enough, so how about flipping the script: it shouldn't be at all difficult to come up with a religious framework that holds coalition voters in a similar form of contempt to that which said Xtian fuckwits hold gay folks in. Get enough folks on board to make it legit, voila. 

Edited by Kimmo
  • Like 1

In what way do "the religious convictions of Xtian fuckwits trumps the human rights of others"?

9 hours ago, NZT48 said:

In what way do "the religious convictions of Xtian fuckwits trumps the human rights of others"?

dumbest comment ever

churches coverup of pedophile priests

Edited by TheManFromPOST

On 18/10/2019 at 12:01 AM, RenascentMisanthropy said:

Remove religion from politics. That's my vote.

It's not possible.

People can religiously not believe in a god

2 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

dumbest comment ever

churches coverup of pedophile priests

What has that got to do with "religious convictions"?

6 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

What has that got to do with "religious convictions"?

"because we belive in magic man in sky, we do not have to obey laws"

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, NZT48 said:

This 'religious freedom' bullshit allows folks running Xtian malware in their brains to do and say stuff that infringes the human rights of others on the basis that their bigotry is coming from a place of religious conviction. 

Well, I tell you what. There's a far more solid basis for ostracising coalition voters - rather than paying undue attention to the private business of consenting adults, I'm talking about folks voting for a pack of brazenly corrupt slobbering fuckwit pigs without any sort of coherent plan to deal with even one of the many grave problems facing us; their answer to any problem is cutting services and handing the money to the rich, while encouraging corporations to rape and pillage everything in sight, from people to natural habitats to the whole damn atmosphere. 

While we have such utter fucking vandals in contention for the helm, your stupid voting choices are my business. Whether consenting adults are inclined to partner with members of the same sex is nobody's business. 

Edited by Kimmo
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, Kimmo said:

This 'religious freedom' bullshit allows folks running Xtian malware in their brains to do and say stuff that infringes the human rights of others on the basis that their bigotry is coming from a place of religious conviction. 

Can you provide examples?

I don't like the coalition either.

There's such a phenomenal positive history of commies deciding established religion was bunkum and suggesting a new all-encompassing ideology/religion in its place.

We should try it again.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, NZT48 said:

Can you provide examples?

First search result for religious freedom legislation:

Imagine turning up to the pharmacy to buy your regular contraceptive pill and being turned away because the pharmacist doesn’t think you should be having sex outside of marriage. 

Imagine being refused help at a fertility clinic because the doctor doesn’t think same sex couples should raise children. 

Imagine your workmates facing no consequences if they say ‘your disability is God’s punishment for sin’, or that ‘women should not be in positions of leadership over men’.  

https://www.fairagenda.org/religious_discrimination

Edited by Kimmo
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

I don't have a problem with any of that being legal. People are free to discriminate who they buy goods/services from and people should be free to discriminate who buys goods/services from them.

Do you think people have rights to have certain stuff not said to them? Do you call that freedom? I think people should have freedom to communicate only limited by contracts voluntarily entered into.

Spoken just like a libertarian fundamentalist. I'm sure the fact you're white, male and straight is just a coincidence. 

Reality is a lot messier than you'd like - you can't have liberty without security, like for instance, the state protecting your human rights. 

Edited by Kimmo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, datafast69 said:

Yeah, just make one up, that's how it's always been done throughout history.

You'd think basing a religion on shit that makes sense would cut more ice, but of course not. 

🙂

A religion that works  Kimmo ?

It would have to begin with no tithing - the Church of England and the Church of Rome seem to own half the worthwhile real estate on earth...

I'm really not kidding, their holdings are massive.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

You'd think basing a religion on shit that makes sense would cut more ice, but of course not. 

But then it wouldn't be a Religion 🤔

7 minutes ago, chrisg said:

A religion that works  Kimmo ?

It would have to begin with no tithing - the Church of England and the Church of Rome seem to own half the worthwhile real estate on earth...

I'm really not kidding, their holdings are massive.

Private empires are blasphemy and will be nationalised. 

The gibbering howls of anguish from trickle-down scum and their packs of flying monkeys will be the subject of a new reality TV show that will take the world by storm. 

The remaining private empires will take your refugees and await your inevitable downfall.

The name for this new religion...

The StreetShitters

6 hours ago, Kimmo said:

flying monkeys will be the subject of a new reality TV show

Don't we have that already in the form of White House Administration on the news?

I can picture Trump screaming "Fly, My Pretties, Fly"

There's already a doco on the flying monkeys. 

Second against the wall.