Sign in to follow this  
NZT48

(Economic) deflation is a good thing.

17 hours ago, Cybes said:

I reiterate my previous post in this thread.

"Well, yes and no.  Mostly yes.  But if you're charismatic and forceful in your opposition, you can make quite a name for yourself in some fields.  Economics is one of the better ones that way; nobody's going to be teaching your books if you're a radical, but you'll get speaking gigs the world over."?

Edited by NZT48

On 11/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, fliptopia said:

Or maybe their all posing and feeling uncomfortable til they can take their human suits off and let their lizard skin breathe?

maybe for the other two, but Dutton definitely doesnt wear one! 

its actually discernible if you zoom in and apply just the right mix of contrast and edge enhancement filtering, like so...

79is17r.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

My point is deflation has occurred in the past.

We don't deny that, it's happened but it being good is something else.

2 hours ago, NZT48 said:

"Well, yes and no"?

<sigh> "My last comment in this thread" to you.  Which happens to also be my first post in this thread, but for some reason I mentally track sub-threads within a thread, and nobody else does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

maybe for the other two, but Dutton definitely doesnt wear one! 

its actually discernible if you zoom in and apply just the right mix of contrast and edge enhancement filtering, like so...

Ugghh I just realised because of your post that I used the wrong they're. 

Man up and stop ignoring me.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, Leonid said:

Fact is those workers have been doing something a machine can do - which generally means they’re unskilled workers.

What more productive things are they going to do?

Use your imagination.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, Cybes said:

... Nup - not doing it.

You always do this: turn up, post something unutterably stupid, ask for comment, then demand everyone explain said comments.  Not interested in standing in for your brain - use it for yourself.  If you actually have an opinion of your own about something, articulate it and try to defend it when challenged.  ^This sort of thing I can only interpret as trying to stimulate everyone else into arguing amongst themselves, and personally I find that intensely annoying.

I don't think what I said is "unutterably stupid". If it is then it should be easy to counter. So far no one has done so with appropriate explanation. I don't see anything wrong with asking questions. I am not being intentionally obtuse.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jeruselem said:

NZT48, ever heard of the credit cycle? Guess where the global economy is? Late cycle

saupload_WONG-BLOG-1127_chart.jpg

I have probably heard of it but I don't really recall. I don't understand it.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jeruselem said:

We don't deny that, it's happened but it being good is something else.

I know that and deflation being not good has yet to be shown.

4 hours ago, NZT48 said:

I don't think what I said is "unutterably stupid". If it is then it should be easy to counter. So far no one has done so with appropriate explanation. I don't see anything wrong with asking questions. I am not being intentionally obtuse.

Appropriate explanation or explanation you understand given your original position you want to hold on to? If I felt you were generally going to give it proper thought I might bother. But seeing as you think I'm insane or whatever you said I don't know that spending a lot of time explaining how economies work both locally and competing internationally is going to benefit anyone. 

• Like 1

Appropriate explanation. What I said is this:

On 11/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, NZT48 said:

Competition means the prices don't go up. People will buy other things and start and invest in new businesses. Saying stuff getting cheaper makes stuff get more expensive is lunacy.

You obviously don't understand what you are talking about.