Sign in to follow this  
NZT48

why tourism advertising should not be funded by government

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

go on holidays overseas if you are prepared to have international tourists come here

if you read that literally

Yeahhh, but no, cos he's talking about money more than people travelling. I think.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:32 PM, datafast69 said:

You guys are really nice and very tolerant to humour this guy, better people than I.

FUCK!

You've put up with me for a long time!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

FUCK!

You've put up with me for a long time!

Like an old pair of comfy slippers 😉

On 11/22/2019 at 7:43 AM, NZT48 said:

Other states/countries funding tourism advertising here means wealth is taken from here to there. If we want wealth here then we should let their wealth stay there. If there is no government funded tourism advertising anywhere then the total wealth that exists would be greater because wealth is not wasted on advertising. People will come here anyway because of word of mouth.

Tourism Australia exists, we do in other countries exactly what other countries do here.

Golden rule satisfied.

</thread>

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

On 22/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, NZT48 said:

Other states/countries funding tourism advertising here means wealth is taken from here to there. If we want wealth here then we should let their wealth stay there. If there is no government funded tourism advertising anywhere then the total wealth that exists would be greater because wealth is not wasted on advertising. People will come here anyway because of word of mouth.

Ok, I'll bite.

Why do you consider it a waste of wealth to pay people to do a job? To reduce it down, why should I buy something made in your town or State, when that just reduces the wealth in my town or State? Why would I buy the product you make, or even know it exists, when all the customers in my town or State rave about the one made here?

In fact, why would I allow anyone from my town or even family to go and visit some other town or family?  It's just draining my wealth.  Not that I know where my wealth is coming from, seeing as if I go and work for someone, there needs to be enough demand to have my productivity turn into sales.

So what I'm picking up from what you're putting down, is we should revert to some kind of Amish-level (at best) society, where we need lots of people to provide labour because we don't use industrialisation techniques or machinery or even just technology, so that we can best concentrate our wealth by... being subsistance farmers?