Sign in to follow this  
hulkster

trulicity. Anyone been on it ?

My Doctor has me on Trulicity Injections ( once weekly)  to help with my diabetes.  ( Type 2) 

One of the side effects is loss of appetite. And I mean LOSS of appetite.  I am struggling to eat half what I normally do, I'm down 7 kilos in 2 weeks ( which is a great thing).

I am also finding I don't want alcohol at all which for me is a big thing. Id normally kill a bottle of jacks and a carton of coldies in 3 days. In the last 2 weeks I've have had 2 beers. No urge at all to drink alcohol. Weird but good 🙂

I'm not complaining at all !! I'm feeling pretty bloody good but I've read feedback from others on it with all sorts of issues due to the drug.

So just curious if anyone here has been on it before and how it affected their weight/alcohol consumption.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheManFromPOST said:

they put me on Byduroen, some days i dont want to eat anything, but i know if i fast the BSL will drop

cannot win

Seems similar to Trulicity.  Same concept, similar side effects.

Haven't had it or previously heard of it.

For a while I was on Daonil which was a daily tablet, from a quick look it does much the same thing (promotes insulin production).

Most recent H1a1c test showed improved results and the doctor I saw recommended to stop it.  I gladly have.

I don't think it made an appetite difference though I've dropped weight to the tune of 15 kg in the last 2 years but put about 5 or 6 back on probably in the last 6 months.

The Daonil is dangerous stuff in that it starts working in 15 minutes and can cause hypoglycemia if you don't have food again within about 5 hours.

I had the dizzy, sweaty, tired sugar crashes probably half a dozen times or more.  Luckily at home for all of them so they can quickly be rectified by eating a bunch of sugary lollies.

But overall I just felt different when using the things, glad to be away from them.  The Metformin is bad enough in that it gives you a chronic crook gut though I'm used to it and it barely bothers me.

• Like 1

51 and no sign of diabetes here (yet, anyway), so no comment to make about the drugs to treat it.

24 minutes ago, Cybes said:

51 and no sign of diabetes here (yet, anyway), so no comment to make about the drugs to treat it.

Nor did I till 55  😞

hah !  61, and apart from blood pressure in the last year, all i got was cancer  🙂

wrt diabetes, i am not a fan of daonil - secretogogues (drugs that make you push up insulin) miss the point that insulin resistance is part of diabetes, and your pancreas is likely already working overtime to produce it

metformin on the other hand promotes insulin sensitivity, meaning the insulin you make works harder for you, and your pancreas is less likely to be fatigued and eventually give up (at which stage your insulin level plummets, and your sugar goes bunta)

at which point, you need insulin injections, which is actually pouring fuel on the fire - weight gain, decreased exercise because of that, and downhill

but, no therapy is perfect

Trulicity — sounds like a truth serum.  just a few drops of Trulicity on their tongue, and they'll soon tell you where the jewels are...

re: appetite, a subtle way of stimulating it is by consuming something bitter about 1/2 hour before eating.  eg. angostura bitters in soda water. 

most things in nature that are poisonous are also bitter, hence our stomachs are highly adapted to produce more stomach acids in presence of even small amounts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hulkster said:

My Doctor has me on Trulicity Injections ( once weekly)  to help with my diabetes.  ( Type 2) 

One of the side effects is loss of appetite. And I mean LOSS of appetite.  I am struggling to eat half what I normally do, I'm down 7 kilos in 2 weeks ( which is a great thing).

I am also finding I don't want alcohol at all which for me is a big thing. Id normally kill a bottle of jacks and a carton of coldies in 3 days. In the last 2 weeks I've have had 2 beers. No urge at all to drink alcohol. Weird but good 🙂

I'm not complaining at all !! I'm feeling pretty bloody good but I've read feedback from others on it with all sorts of issues due to the drug.

So just curious if anyone here has been on it before and how it affected their weight/alcohol consumption.

Sounds like a great drug ! can I have some ??  Just to drop about 3 or 4 kilos that'd do me just dandy. 😛

You seem like the sort of person that's actually aware of yourself ( which is good ) , so I guess as soon as you don't feel so great see your Doc. don't put up with it just cos it has lots of positives, if you know what I mean.

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

Trulicity — sounds like a truth serum

Yeah. I was expecting a truth or dare thread

9 hours ago, hulkster said:

losing weight is about the best thing you can do for diabetes

drinking less alcohol  (or not at all) is the next best thing, because it's a shitload of carbs, the enemy of diabetic nmanagement

as for "others with all sorts of issues", it's very important to have your own experience, not buy into other people's complaints if you don't have them spontaneously

what you think is poor appetite and unusual lack of craving for booze might actually be what many others would consider "normality" - and you might get used to it being okay if you persevere

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, @~thehung said:

and they'll soon tell you where the jewels are

family jewels? 😧

21 hours ago, eveln said:

Sounds like a great drug ! can I have some ??  Just to drop about 3 or 4 kilos that'd do me just dandy.

Was thinking the same thing, but along the lines of 5 or 6 for me.

1 hour ago, datafast69 said:
23 hours ago, eveln said:

Sounds like a great drug ! can I have some ??  Just to drop about 3 or 4 kilos that'd do me just dandy.

Was thinking the same thing, but along the lines of 5 or 6 for me

I'm hoping that cancelling out the Chinese on Friday nights for a while will do it ... ffs there's already soooo many things I do without !! 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

I'm hoping that cancelling out the Chinese on Friday nights for a while will do it ... ffs there's already soooo many things I do without !! 😞

Fuck that.

Do it every night!

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

2 hours ago, eveln said:

I like Chinese!

Didn't know it would pack on the Kg's 🤔

My downfall has been Ice Break Coffee, but have cut back from 2 liters+ a day to 750ml......... that lost me a couple of Kg, need to hit it on the head completely and a couple of indulgent tidbits I have a habit with as well.

Then there is exercise, have started with pushups & sit-ups, up to 40 - 45 single sets once or twice each a day, but need to do a lot more. Running an walking are out due to an old foot injury.......a shame as that would accelerate the weight loss and gaining fitness.

47 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Fuck that.

Do it every night!

And eat Chinese!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

depends how many chinese you eat, really

Yeah........I really miss the Tienanmen mince.

1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

Fuck that.

Do it every night!

No.

52 minutes ago, datafast69 said:

I like Chinese!

Didn't know it would pack on the Kg's 🤔

My downfall has been Ice Break Coffee, but have cut back from 2 liters+ a day to 750ml......... that lost me a couple of Kg, need to hit it on the head completely and a couple of indulgent tidbits I have a habit with as well.

Then there is exercise, have started with pushups & sit-ups, up to 40 - 45 single sets once or twice each a day, but need to do a lot more. Running an walking are out due to an old foot injury.......a shame as that would accelerate the weight loss and gaining fitness.

And eat Chinese!

I love Chinese. It's been an end of week treat. I find that by Friday I'm approaching a lesser weight and then comes Saturday, not feeling it so much 😉  I have my little exercise regime too but well it's not quite enough. Will be interesting to see what the results are after a few weeks denial. Will let you know in a week ...

14 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

look after yourselves or you will experience the joy of amputation

6 toes so far, 

Word !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

look after yourselves or you will experience the joy of amputation

6 toes so far, 

Too many pies?