Sign in to follow this  
eveln

He should not be a police officer any more

Yep. I saw this today at work, and I just thought that bit of footage is about the he man going after the wombat for frigging kicks.

Why is he still considered an appropriate law enforcer ?

The article says he is cos he was doing his cultural thing in killing this animal ... pretty sure his elders didn't do it like that ... and even if I'm wrong. I want proof he ate or fed others with that wombat 🤬

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-06/sa-police-officer-who-stoned-wombat-allowed-to-stay-in-job/11775036

Edited by eveln
I would like to heap lots of thanks on the person responsible for allowing the thread starter to fix their own silly hurried errors. I hope you feel all the good will coming at you right now !

So police force protect their own again. If the person was one of us civilians, we'd be treated differently.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, datafast69 said:

He's a psychopath, plain and simple.

my thought exactly.  he uses his betters' heritage to save his pay cheque. He should be fucking ashamed of himself for both this false claim he's making and more seriously for treating one of our amazing creatures like that. Yes I happen to think wombats are one of our coolest creatures, but I would still feel as disgusted by this individual if he were going after a bandicoot ... although one of those guys would make this bloke work lots more

Edited by eveln
" ' "
  • Like 1

...He's a cop,... they can think differently including stupidly.

I agree, wombats are delightful, so far as I know harmless creatures, that do not need this idiot preying on them - I'd love to know what real aboriginals have to say about the case.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

...He's a cop,... they can think differently including stupidly.

I agree, wombats are delightful, so far as I know harmless creatures, that do not need this idiot preying on them - I'd love to know what real aboriginals have to say about the case.

Cheers

'Real'?

You mean that shit in Avatar where the noble savages killed the hex-legged wild doggos and then said a commitment prayer while weeping - isn't how all indigenous peoples behaved?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Yeah real, he demonstrably is not.

Cheers

I posit that Aboriginals are just as capable of being utter pieces of shite same as any other person of whatever race  is. Being a real Aussie Aboriginal does not mean they are saintly.

Also even though I was quite straight, no drugs of any persuasion,  I don't remember too much of Avatar

Edited by eveln
  • Like 2

No, it doesn't but they do tend to be much more lacking in guile.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, chrisg said:

No, it doesn't but they do tend to be much more lacking in guile.

Cheers

what ? because they don't tend to have read the classics ? What frigging century are you livin' in ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Anyone keen to quote Darwin?

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world"

Is that the one?

4 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Anyone keen to quote Darwin?

no

5 minutes ago, Leonid said:

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world"

Is that the one?

It's a good one but not the one I was thinking of.....................then again.........I haven't read all his stuff.

Edit - I also think he failed to foresee the stupid gene rising and the throwback to uncivilisation. 

Edited by LogicprObe

Darwin is old outdated thinking where it comes to some of what he had said.

We really need to shed some of the admiration we hold for some of these figures of the past, that is what progressive evolution is, we don't advance as a species in a positive way by holding onto stupid beliefs or ideals.....like the judgmental mindsets of bigotry, racism or misogyny.

Or the belief that some fictional sky person put other species on this rock for us to use and abuse in anyway without thought.

1 hour ago, datafast69 said:

we don't advance as a species in a positive way by holding onto stupid beliefs or ideals..

no we don't. but it would be very fucking foolish to not pay attention to what made these people think as they did

1 minute ago, eveln said:

no we don't. but it would be very fucking foolish to not pay attention to what made these people think as they did

What would that be?

10 hours ago, datafast69 said:

What would that be?

I've no clue as to what their thoughts were, I wasn't there.

It's sort of weird how we as a species have been either idolising or rejecting a " fictional sky person " for centuries. Meanwhile we've put people on outer planets. the moon .that's pretty extraordinary. And that's because people read shit that was written centuries ago that sorta let their minds breathe and expand and evolve ...

Edited by eveln
cos

Reading a believing those things written centuries ago do let their minds go, but in a bad way.......the result is stagnation of moving forward and it stifles evolution of effective reasoning.

We have put men on the moon, a satellite of this planet, we are yet to put anyone on another planet, and the prospect of such is fleeting as we will not colonize those planets, at best we may have something like the space station but on a very inhospitable rock where the environment is out to kill us.

I also have not idea why those sickos did what they did either, but I can only think their reasoning is critically flawed.

@datafast69 when I start referring to the moon as a planet then it's probably best to consider what day and time of night it is, lol.

• Like 1