Sign in to follow this  
SquallStrife

Trump: The third POTUS ever to be Impeached

22 minutes ago, chrisg said:

It's been quite a long time, and we are not involved in my creds

well you post like you think you have credibility ... and then get disappointed and call people " moron " and " stupid "  when they disagree with you  ... so no, I guess you don't really have " creds " to bother or be involved about after all

I've never really claimed any.

Not in the Mil world anyway, I just told stories of things that happened a very long time ago.

Different world but it also percolates into the present via the time servers.

I really am getting tired of saying I really do not care what you bottom dwellers want to believe - I let my credibility speak from what I comment upon that comes to pass.

At the moment we are waiting to see what comes out of the ME chaos - I'd be perfectly happy if Leo were right - trouble is he's not, his analysis is fucked.

We shall see...

Cheers

( Oh btw, you personify the classic bad news Australian - never see much good in much. )

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

No Leo, I can happily believe that they had plans for such a contingency, they have plans for most everything, that does not equate to having troops in position let alone materiel.

So that’s be like Iran too then?

Iran just got hit in the nads and they’ve no plan they can execute because unlike USA, Iran has very limited delivery capability and sweet fuck all in global spying or electronic interception.

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

It's panic-city within the US Mil right now, doubtless organised but still decidedly chaotic.

It is not in the slightest bit chaotic. 

53 minutes ago, eveln said:

it's all down to opinion only not certainty. which is what you'd likely say to the " god-botherers" too, yes ? 

You are more kind to them than I, I'm afraid. I try to stay quiet on that topic, because I know I get frothing pretty quick.

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Even with fast ships, which have to be positioned and loaded, they are looking at weeks to get a credible force into position.

You don’t need a credible force near Iran. You’ve already got one and Iran is not a conventional forces credible enemy.

It has an Air Force nobody is scared of which means it has no ability to deploy its large army as it would be deployed without air cover.

It has a large ballistic missile force but that’s it. And no means to defend it against the American Air Force.

It can’t just launch missiles into American bases in non-Iraq Arab states. Those states are itching for a reason to attack Iran. And they have American hardware. UAE is especially good in the air. Then there’s Israel.

Troop movements are important but really - Iran doesn’t have much it can do with or without those American troops.

39 minutes ago, chrisg said:

I really am getting tired of saying I really do not care what you bottom dwellers want to believe - I let my credibility speak from what I comment upon that comes to pass.

So... not much according to verified military members of this forum?

Iran is there, they do not have to deploy.

Currently the US is streaming C-5s and C-17s at a rate that the maintenance schedule for those aircraft in peace-time cannot sustain, if that is not chaotic I do not know what is.

You don't need to believe me, check it on flightradar 24 - hell earlier today they surged the only aircraft they have that is certified to transport ebola patients to the US - why I have no idea- speaks to covering every base.

Wishful thinking does not make it real.

Cheers

39 minutes ago, chrisg said:

At the moment we are waiting to see what comes out of the ME chaos - I'd be perfectly happy if Leo were right - trouble is he's not, his analysis is fucked.

My analysis is actually analysis.

You take war games as proof of allyship. That’s not analysis.

Just now, chrisg said:

Iran is there, they do not have to deploy.

Currently Iran is where? Where do they have assets that they can use against American interests without being obliterated?

3 minutes ago, Cybes said:
59 minutes ago, eveln said:

it's all down to opinion only not certainty. which is what you'd likely say to the " god-botherers" too, yes ? 

You are more kind to them than I, I'm afraid. I try to stay quiet on that topic, because I know I get frothing pretty quick.

Only because they hold no sway over me any more. Well, not personally anyway. Can't do much about their sway in politics, but that's why we always need a good and strong opposition ... regardless of who presently holds the reins.

It never happens that way - as soon as the body bags start shipping America wonders why they are fighting for nothing.

The current status is not logical, the beginnings of wars rarely are.

Personally i'm going to bed, we'll see how accurate my analysis is in a few hours and the enduing days.

I really am tired of saying it but I really do hope that i'm wrong.

Cheers

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

Currently the US is streaming C-5s and C-17s at a rate that the maintenance schedule for those aircraft in peace-time cannot sustain, if that is not chaotic I do not know what is.

No they’re not.

They’re only deploying an additional 3000 troops. Almost all are from the 82nd Airborne Division which is designed as a Rapid Deployment Force - ie they live by the mantra that they could be half-way around the world in 24hrs.

You’re just outright lying now.

8 minutes ago, chrisg said:

You don't need to believe me, check it on flightradar 24 - hell earlier today they surged the only aircraft they have that is certified to transport ebola patients to the US - why I have no idea- speaks to covering every base.

I’ve checked FlightRadar24 and there’s nothing particularly chaotic. Yes - more activity. But it’s not a fucken zebra crossing in Shanghai.

3000 troops have arrived - that requires a lot of planes for the troops and for supply. That’s the 82nd’s job - be somewhere fucken quickly.

4 minutes ago, chrisg said:

It never happens that way - as soon as the body bags start shipping America wonders why they are fighting for nothing.

Reminder: Trump killed a General and personal friend of the Ayatollah for a dead contractor and an embassy invasion.

What do you think happens if there are American body bags?

Get ready for a replay of Gaddafi’s final moments, starring Ayatollah Khamenei.

When you have tens of thousands of people all in one place chanting 'Death To America'........................one would think it was a perfect time for a huge bomb drop.

No Leo, that traffic has been running for over 48 hours now and is a mix of deployments to Baghdad with SF, to Kuwait city and to various other European ports that can take them.

Sure the RDF went first, but it is not just them.

Dunno where you are getting your info from but it is very out of date.

I'm tired of this, going to bed, if you are right, then you are right, we'll see in short order, nothing you or I can do about it.

Just why the hell I would bother to lie when the truth will out very quickly I have no idea.

Cheers

24 minutes ago, chrisg said:

No Leo, that traffic has been running for over 48 hours now and is a mix of deployments to Baghdad with SF, to Kuwait city and to various other European ports that can take them.

Yes. And it’s mainly the 82nd. There’s a lot of supplies.

There’s also probably a lot of non-essential personnel being moved.

No chaos. Just the military doing its thing.

25 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Dunno where you are getting your info from but it is very out of date.

Dunno where you’re getting your info but it’s very wrong.

Hmm,

My info is coming from a  mix of sources.

Flightradar24, although not all of the traffic will be visible there, depends if the aircraft enable ADS B or not, Mil traffic that does not want to be seen turns it off, regular updates from Aviationist are also useful. Then there are just regular News feeds and military.com and lastly input from people I know. A patchwork quilt that builds up a picture.

It seems a war of words has now begun on Trump's favorite medium, Twitter.

There are a number of tweets from several senior Iranian officials with some very broad hints at attacks on Trump properties, notably Trump Tower in NYC and Mar A Lago.

Those could well be mis-direction but that can't be assumed so somehow they will have to be protected.

The whole situation is, among other things, turning into a security nightmare.

Also a waiting game, although I doubt there will be much waiting, Iran is demonstrably seething.

It's been interesting to hear that whilst Suleimani was definitely behind many, although probably not all of the attacks on America the past few years he was also apparently no fan of ISIS and had been directing attacks against them as well. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" seems to apply.

Most every news feed from America is also strongly associating the hit with the impeachment some more accusing than others.

Well, as I keep saying, we have to wait and see.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

lol

Chrisg is like atomic's version of fake news.

Edited by eveln

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chrisg said:

My info is coming from a  mix of sources.

No it’s not Chris. You don’t have any sources we all don’t have.

It's been interesting to hear that whilst Suleimani was definitely behind many, although probably not all of the attacks on America the past few years he was also apparently no fan of ISIS and had been directing attacks against them as well. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" seems to apply.

He may not like ISIS but he was an architect of ISIS in the same way as America was an architect of the Taliban:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/assad-henchman-heres-how-we-built-isis

Most every news feed from America is also strongly associating the hit with the impeachment some more accusing than others.

Yes we know their media is partisan and largely deranged.

Remember: this is a real news story on a real news channel.

CNN-Trump-2-Scoops-Ice-Cream-w-border-e1

Edited by Leonid

Posted (edited)

🙂

Depends upon what you regard as credible - latest to turn up today was The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, their contributors don't have much time for Trump and strongly suspect the kill decision was influenced by providing distraction from the impeachment proceedings. They also pointed out that whilst Iran has progressively drawn away from the nuclear agreement they have not actually done much in terms of weapons development and the IAEC inspectors are still welcome.

Yesterday among others it was The Aviationist which keeps a pretty close eye on US aircraft movements in particular.

If you mean do I watch Fox News, no, not even for shits and giggles.

Quite correct Leo, I doubt any of my sources are particularly obscure and anyone can subscribe to the two I just listed. When it comes to US media it's a curates egg, the NYT doesn't like Trump, nor does the WSJ but I do regard their reporting as being credible. Not always so confident about CNN.

It is pointless quoting sources, but it was interesting to note today that Bolton has offered to testify at the Impeachment proceedings, he's a hawk, but even he did not agree with Trump applying pressure via funding on Ukraine. Now the Senate Republicans have to decide, is the trial going to be a transparent white-wash or will it proceed along impartial lines ?

The RDF and various other SF operators are pretty much in theatre now, but further call ups continue. What is not clear yet is just who went to beef up the Baghdad Embassy.

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

Posted (edited)

What impeachment ? There are no proceedings cos Pelosi is yet to hand over the papers. 

This is just another attempt at , well I really don't know tbh

Edited by eveln

Seems it remains a dispute in your mind.

It is very clear, Impeachment means "charged" not convicted.

The House of Reps has prepared and accepted by popular vote the articles of impeachment. At that point the idiot McConnell declared he would work with the White House and pretty much ensure that the articles would be dismissed in the Senate. In doing so he has basically said there will be no fair trial, in other words the jury is biased .

That is not the way the process of law operates.

Accordingly Pelosi is with-holding the articles until she is given an assurance of a fair trial, which she is perfectly entitled to do.

It is of course all a farce but regardless Trump is impeached, that is he has been charged by the House of Representatives. that impeachment will remain on his record for all time, which is what has enraged the man so much, because in his mind he can do no wrong.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

they have not actually done much in terms of weapons development and the IAEC inspectors are still welcome.

Spoken like someone who hasn’t done any military analysis 🙂

1. The JCPOA allows Iran to select militarily sensitive sites outside those initially flagged and not allow inspectors into them.
2. Iran is developing and has developed a variant of the Shahab-3 which is nuclear capable. JCPOA/IAEA inspectors have no rights to examine any non-nuclear conventional weapons. 

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

but I do regard their reporting as being credible

Sometimes. It is always sensationalised against Trump tho. They get the basic facts right - then weave an anti-Trump story around it.

26 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Accordingly Pelosi is with-holding the articles until she is given an assurance of a fair trial, which she is perfectly entitled to do.

Sounds like a Quid Pro Quo 🙂

It's not within the mandate of the IAEC to examine anything non-nuclear so of course they cannot go inspecting missile development facilities any more than Israel lets anyone look at their Jericho manufacturing facilities. The intent of the inspections is to assure the IEAC that nuclear weapons are not being developed.

The manner in which Iran has been behaving in regard to nuclear matters since Trump abandoned the agreement would imply they are hell-bent on developin nuclear weapons. From the reports for the Bulletin of Atomic scientists it would definitely not seem to be the case at all.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, chrisg said:

It's not within the mandate of the IAEC to examine anything non-nuclear so of course they cannot go inspecting missile development facilities any more than Israel lets anyone look at their Jericho manufacturing facilities. The intent of the inspections is to assure the IEAC that nuclear weapons are not being developed.

So your view is that Iran which has lied, is lying and will lie about nuclear weapons development is not lying?

23 minutes ago, chrisg said:

The manner in which Iran has been behaving in regard to nuclear matters since Trump abandoned the agreement would imply they are hell-bent on developin nuclear weapons. From the reports for the Bulletin of Atomic scientists it would definitely not seem to be the case at all.

What would Atomic Scientists know about nuclear weapons development timeframes and engineering assembly in Iran?

Like seriously. 

It’s a non-profit org that publishes research. They were saying Iran wasn’t doing nuclear  research when the underground nuclear weapons research lab was discovered.

Edited by Leonid

Many years ago, another life time really, when I was an astronaut (I'd show pics but some cunt stole my spaceship and all the pics were in the spaceglove box) Lucky for them I wasn't close by because I am a black belt at lots of things and I would have kicked his arse one footed.  I am also a Para so if I did kill him I could bring him back to life. Lucky for him.

Anyway I am a tad off topic,  what I was going to say was when I lived in the white house do military recon for JFK I noticed a big red button on the desk. JFK said because I had the clearance I could push it if I wanted to, but no one else was allowed to, as long as I took him in my invisible plane I had designed. I said no. Sadly. But he did give me an honorary degree for being nice.

He was a good president. I was meant to be in the car with him the day he was shot. I, being a para, would have saved his life, then jumped out of that car and gone and kick Oswalds arse all the way the jail. ( I am also an undercover FBI agent, I'm that far undercover the FBI  don't know I exist.. )

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, hulkster said:

I am also an undercover FBI agent, I'm that far undercover the FBI  don't know I exist..

You might call yourself a Mirage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

So your view is that Iran which has lied, is lying and will lie about nuclear weapons development is not lying?

What would Atomic Scientists know about nuclear weapons development timeframes and engineering assembly in Iran?

Like seriously. 

It’s a non-profit org that publishes research. They were saying Iran wasn’t doing nuclear  research when the underground nuclear weapons research lab was discovered.

Funny how any organisation that does not publish what you want to hear is of no consequence.

This is the bio of the author of the article on the Iranian inspections that appeared this week:

https://thebulletin.org/biography/abbas-milani/

I think there's a reasonable chance he might know what he is talking about.

By contrast the Iranians seem to be behaving themselves quite well in nuclear terms, unlike the Iraqis who drove the investigators to distraction and of course eventually led to the Israelis bombing the reactor.

Obviously there are never any guarantees but they are a signatory on the Non-proliferation treaty in fact they have had a nuclear programme since the 50's. I'd tend to believe that if they wanted a bomb they could well and truly have had one by now. In the reign of the Shah the intent was to build a number of reactors and get themselves away from any dependence upon oil. That plan seems to have persisted although it was slowed considerably by damage done to the original reactor in the Iran-Iraq war.

Nuclear programmes always seem to end up with those who have one wanting everyone else not to have one. It is without a doubt that Israel has long had a reactor at Dimona and they neither confirm nor deny that they have nuclear weapons but no one ever seems to worry about that despite the probability that they actually tested one way back down in the South Atlantic.

There are perfectly sensible reasons for having a reactor even if you do not use it to generate power or produce nuclear fuel. For example Australia has one at Lucas Heights to produce isotopes for nuclear medicine. No one complains about that either despite the fact that the handling of waste there has been the subject of several quite damning investigations.

I'd be far more concerned if the Iranians were being deceptive about regular examinations but such does not seem to be the case.

About the only reason to be concerned is that they have buried their refining cyclotrons rather deep but unless they are hiding facilities, very difficult to do, I seriously doubt they are in any way close to developing a bomb however they most certainly do have some dangerous amounts of refined uranium.

Contrariwise the Ayatollahs do regularly make nuclear type threats against Israel which thus far does seem to be typical hot air.

In short they do appear to be toeing the line, however if they keep on being suspected then they might just shrug and decide if everyone thinks they are they might as well.

It's hardly the same dangerous situation that persists in North Korea which really is a case of Trump being played for a fool.

Cheers