Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

8 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Informed consent. You may have noticed it's also a bit of a thing amongst left leaning people.

A. Informed consent is being eroded daily. We’re letting 4yo kids “transition”.

B. I’m sorry but for the last 2-3y I’ve watched quite a few lefties with a bit of power in the glare of #MeToo or protecting rapists. Far as I’m concerned “bit of a thing among left leaning people” is just like being #woke. It’s for public appearances only.

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

Well, I mean, it's legal for men to marry men now, so you're kind of obliged to marry and fuck your pet dog, right? 

Back in my day, we didn't let them coloured folk marry us whites, because we knew what path it'd lead down to.

None of this is blatant fraud. A man marrying a man changes nothing and forces no-one else to change.

Transgenderism is false advertising protected by law to create a state of double-think. Correctly gendering a person without violating any of their actual rights because you don’t indulge mental health issues - is now either criminalised or social suicide.

8 minutes ago, Leonid said:

None of this is blatant fraud. A man marrying a man changes nothing and forces no-one else to change.

Transgenderism is false advertising protected by law to create a state of double-think. Correctly gendering a person without violating any of their actual rights because you don’t indulge mental health issues - is now either criminalised or social suicide.

Calm down there, Cory.

That's a lot of talk about mental health issues, for what could charitably be referred to as raging narcissism.

You should tell people/us what you really think about Macedonia and Greece, BTW, if you want to get in trouble for 'telling it like it is'.

1 minute ago, Nich... said:

That's a lot of talk about mental health issues, for what could charitably be referred to as raging narcissism.

Thanks for your input Ms Hanson-Young.

The fact remains that it is socially unacceptable and close to criminal to call someone by the correct pronoun if their feels are otherwise.

If I hire a bloke called Bob, and 3 weeks later he “transitions” to Roberta, which is basically Bob in a dress and lipstick, he could haul my ass to at least a civil court for failing to provide a toilet suitable to his new feels and for calling him a him even when asked to call him “ze”.

You keep saying "correct pronoun" without the qualifying "IMO".

So yeah.  I dunno.  If that's not a sign of NPD, what would you call it, when your unique vision of the world is perfect and we all have it wrong?

If you're worried about watching what you say around your employees, may I suggest some of the following options? Don't be in business; pay someone for some HR; make use of unisex toilets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nich... said:

You keep saying "correct pronoun" without the qualifying "IMO".

So yeah.  I dunno.  If that's not a sign of NPD, what would you call it, when your unique vision of the world is perfect and we all have it wrong?

If you're worried about watching what you say around your employees, may I suggest some of the following options? Don't be in business; pay someone for some HR; make use of unisex toilets.

There’s no need for “IMO” for the pronoun.

My unique version of the world is one where people aren’t criminalised or penalised for stating what’s in front of their eyes if it is not violent nor encourages violence.

And no thank you on the unisex toilets. They don’t give anyone anything except additional headaches. I have a disabled toilet. If I can use it in the absence of a change room, someone else can use it in the absence of mental health.

Nah I'm pretty sure you'd still want libel laws.  Libertarians love that shit.

just thought i'd throw this in for some objectivity

In the DSM-5, narcissistic personality disorder is defined as comprising a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), a constant need for admiration, and a lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts, as indicated by the presence of at least five of the following nine criteria:

• A grandiose sense of self-importance

• A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

• A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

• A need for excessive admiration

• A sense of entitlement

• Interpersonally exploitive behaviour

• A lack of empathy

• Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her

• A demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviours or attitudes

i leave the counting to anyone interested, noting self diagnosis is often biased

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Nah I'm pretty sure you'd still want libel laws.  Libertarians love that shit.

Course I do. There should be civil penalty for people who slander or libel other people with provably false accusations.

But the defense to slander and libel has always been truth.

City of New York now carries a civil penalty for persistently using the correct gender pronoun for a mentally ill person.

26 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

just thought i'd throw this in for some objectivity

In the DSM-5, narcissistic personality disorder is defined as comprising a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), a constant need for admiration, and a lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts, as indicated by the presence of at least five of the following nine criteria:

• A grandiose sense of self-importance

• A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

• A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

• A need for excessive admiration

• A sense of entitlement

• Interpersonally exploitive behaviour

• A lack of empathy

• Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her

• A demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviours or attitudes

i leave the counting to anyone interested, noting self diagnosis is often biased

Literally every politician.

Edited by Leonid

narcissistic - the act of insisting others refer to you in a certain way under threat of legal action ticks most of those boxes.

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

4 hours ago, Kimmo said:

this post of yours is sure to confuse some.  a leftist posting an article by a leftist publication essentially criticising the left.  nuance?  self-reflection?  *head explodes*

not that the nanny state is exclusively a product of the left, although its more true than not.

btw, i don't understand what place this sign has in satire:

1CYmREu.jpg

okay, the 'die alone' part is a little OTT, but otherwise, it seems perfectly sensible to me

Edited by @~thehung
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, @~thehung said:

leftist posting an article by a leftist publication essentially criticising the left.

I’m told Fox News criticises Trump once every 450 praises.

It’s like that “but my best friend’s black” defence 🙂

Every far-x uses it as exculpatory evidence of how unbiased they are.

Edited by Leonid
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Leonid said:

Course I do. There should be civil penalty for people who slander or libel other people with provably false accusations.

But the defense to slander and libel has always been truth.

City of New York now carries a civil penalty for persistently using the correct gender pronoun for a mentally ill person.

Literally every politician.

In Australia, proving the truth is not always successful .

17 hours ago, @~thehung said:

not that the nanny state is exclusively a product of the left, although its more true than not.

I dunno about that... the right likes to bang on about hands-off government, but it only seems to relate to big companies and their poisoning and pillaging. 

Law and order. That crock of shit ring a bell? 

Lefties love law and order. They need it. How else they gonna sue for being wrongfully gendered ?

And the next Labor Gov. will definitely need them too.

To be fair, DAndrews loves his law and order bootlicking, and he's about as left as they come for State leaders these days.

Obviously reality is relative, and conveniently changeable 

3 hours ago, Leonid said:

The stoopid is spreading 

One of the commenters is waiting to see what the trans version smells like 

If you want to spread less stupid, pay less attention to the NYP.

7 minutes ago, Nich... said:

If you want to spread less stupid, pay less attention to the NYP.

ok.

Would you prefer the HuffPo version?

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

Cute.

Nope.

You sure?

I want to make sure you're fully comfortable with the source of the story of the penis-scented candle as you're quite right - the stoopid in this entire situation is clearly within the media organization.

Hot on the heels of such sick shit...

bubble-fart-blower-guy.gif