Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

8 hours ago, Rybags said:

Someone related to me (by marriage) who I'll not get specific about is pulling the ID as aboriginal scam...

he's in fact a "10 Pound Pom" with sufficient remaining accent to hint that.

Got listed with help from his GP.  Not sure what "benefits" he's getting, but one of them is a $20 a week dog food allowance (and no, not sure if he in fact has a dog or not)

I'm not going to pretend to know how the process works, but I have NFI how talking to their GP would satisfy the Govt reqs.

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

I'm not going to pretend to know how the process works, but I have NFI how talking to their GP would satisfy the Govt reqs.

Ticks a box in the Government database.

4 hours ago, Nich... said:

yes, the university needs to be loud and clear and proactive in laying down the law and their policies with regard to harassment.  it doesnt, however need to tell adult human beings "they have the right to have friends" ffs.  it needs to be maximally comprehensible and accessible to everyone, sure, including second language learners — which implies erring on the side of oversimplification.  but i just wonder if students are asked to sit cross legged in a circle as someone with a set of hand puppets reads this booklet aloud to them.

Yes, but also, there are some... cultural norms that aren't all in favour of the basic stuff on that list.  Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous.

But yes, good luck telling someone in a toxic relationship that they're allowed to have friends.  And good luck convincing someone who thinks their partner should have no friends, that it's ok for them to have friends.  But lines in the sand and etc.

Well, I suppose one goes to uni to learn after all. And if their toxic relationship has allowed them to to uni, then there is hope, and perhaps this type of signage around the place will eventually work on their thoughts about their toxic relationship ... who knows

Which is why Arndt comes across as so batshit crazy.  Because the language she's quoting is quite gender neutral, but you'd never think so from just her reaction.

I didn't know who she was till I read someone in an article getting toxic about her being put up for an Aussie Day award. According to the article she takes being  pro equality to the nth degree and likes to chat with convicted paedophiles, and she says things like fifteen year old girls like to test their wiles against male teachers and stuff of that sort ... the article gave me the impression that Arndt viewed teenage hormones as part of the issue re teachers getting done for minor fucks, and assaults.

I can see her point but I don't agree. The teacher is the adult with the extra years of development accrued, it's always up to them to do the legal and moral and ethical thing.

So maybe Arndt is just an older female trying to stay relevant or maybe the article I read was too biased about her ...

Edited by eveln
I read
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nich... said:

Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous.

It’s no more ubiquitous than toxic gender-fluidity and certainly far less prevalent relative to its sample size.

2 hours ago, Leonid said:

It’s no more ubiquitous than toxic gender-fluidity and certainly far less prevalent relative to its sample size.

opinion isn't fact

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

opinion isn't fact

"Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous."

10 minutes ago, Leonid said:

"Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous."

Seems only certain people can get away with having an opinion seen as fact 😉

1 minute ago, eveln said:

Stick "toxic" in front of anything normal and fairly pedestrian, and suddenly it's bad.

2 minutes ago, eveln said:

That wasn't the point I was alluding too 🙂

I know.

I just have a pet peeve about certain cultural norms that a certain group of people is trying to push.

Like the "we need to talk about x" virus in our newspapers.

No we don't. Fuck off.

Or "Did Trump fuck a donkey?" type headlines

If you're asking the question, you clearly aren't reporting news

Or "toxic x".

Unless x is "oil spill", bugger off back to your gender-queer ashram and drown in your vegan laksa.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leonid said:

I just have a pet peeve about certain cultural norms that a certain group of people is trying to push.

Me too.  How many genders have you made up to scare yourself at this point?

• Like 1

Just now, Nich... said:

Me too.  How many genders have you made up to scare yourself at this point?

2. I call them “male” and “female”.

No, the last I remember you were at over 50.  And you were going to go to gaol for not remembering each and every one specifically as well as when to use them.

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

No, the last I remember you were at over 50.  And you were going to go to gaol for not remembering each and every one specifically as well as when to use them.

I know when to use them. That’s easy. Any time I’m next to someone crazy, just assume they identify as a trans-butch faery femme.

As for the jail I think you misremember. At the moment it’s just a civil violation and a fine for continuous refusal to call a Two-Spirit Trans-Femme by it’s preferred non-binary pronoun.

I really can't see many people in the middle of a red hot fuck being asked to stop...........actually being able to.

Yeah.......OK..........nggg.....nggg........nggg!

1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

I really can't see many people in the middle of a red hot fuck being asked to stop...........actually being able to.

Yeah.......OK..........nggg.....nggg........nggg!

happens in the movies like all the time

4 hours ago, eveln said:

happens in the movies like all the time

In movies, two people can use one keyboard to complete two tasks on one computer at the same time; people can fly; and space ships have artificial gravity, inertial damping, and FTL travel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

In movies, two people can use one keyboard to complete two tasks on one computer at the same time; people can fly; and space ships have artificial gravity, inertial damping, and FTL travel.

So, what ?

Does that mean you don't think people in the middle of a fuck can stop ? Not even if say, an earthquake happened, or some random being happened on the fuck ? or one of the parties got a nose bleed or suddenly had to pee or take a dump ?

Or there's a nock on the door or the phone rings ? Or one of them has a cardiac arrest ? Logipr0be said he didn't think many people could stop midway through a fuck. I used the movies scenario, cos, apart from your samples, a lot of stuff in the movies does happen in real life...

that's why it ends up in movies ...

2 hours ago, eveln said:

... a lot of stuff in the movies does happen in real life...

that's why it ends up in movies ...

My point was that movies are a really bad exemplar. The things you listed are a far better illustration.

FtR, yes, it's quite possible to stop - provided you aren't actually in the process of tossing you cookies. In that few seconds, you personally could catch fire and it wouldn't stop the wave from crashing.

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

My point was that movies are a really bad exemplar. The things you listed are a far better illustration.

FtR, yes, it's quite possible to stop - provided you aren't actually in the process of tossing you cookies. In that few seconds, you personally could catch fire and it wouldn't stop the wave from crashing.

Ftr, I know. Same as I was happy to give LogicprObe the benifit of just knowing too also as well.

Which is why I used the examplar that I used.

Also, movies /tv are quite good exampars to use imo. See reason stated above.

Also,LogicprObe used the term " in the middle ", so not quite to eruption ...

On 2/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, eveln said:

Yeah, people who subsist on a diet of evidence and decency rather than propaganda and chronic aggrievement.

43 minutes ago, eveln said:

Also, movies /tv are quite good exampars to use imo. See reason stated above.

Going to have to disagree on that, then. IME, the vast majority of entertainment media gets thing wrong - even simple thing everyone has contact with every day.

eg: Movies depict people brushing their teeth with an open mouth. It does happen, but most people keep their lips closed to limit spillage.

No movie I've ever seen depicts flying an aeroplane properly. Even when they aren't flagrently defying the laws of physics, they get thongs wrong (for the sake of story telling, usually). This despite many actors being pilots!

Computing. Well...I think everyone here knows about that one.

Cars do not explode upon impact. Blood is not translucent. Etc, etc, ad fecking infinitum.

57 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Yeah, people who subsist on a diet of evidence and decency rather than propaganda and chronic aggrievement.

LOL

@Cybes agree to differ then . Wrt your choices however, you don't include scenes of " coitus interruptus " amongst them...

Edited by eveln
Grammar

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I’m surprised you know how to spell evidence and decency.

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

I’m surprised you know how to spell evidence and decency.

Given the demands on your time, I'm surprised you still drop in to tell such a small audience how very wrong they are.  Gonna tank your KPIs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1