Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

4 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Lol. Nobody who clings to the wrong side of history so hard is gonna be right much of the time...

Commie

Says

Someone

Else

Is

Wrong

Side

Of

History

• Like 1

Hey @chrisg, I need some flying lessons.

Put me in touch with your mates at RAAF Pearce.

I’m going to see how high an altitude I can get a Mirage, pop the canopy and take a whiff of air at 30,000

I reckon at that point I might be able to simulate the neural activity of our coke-addicted utter loser comrade over here. I’ll run an experiment whereby I’ll see if it is possible to accuse someone else of being on the wrong side of history while being a fucken commie.

In my estimation, any normal person (And his giddy aunt) should spontaneously combust, at least from shame, living that hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

it's not so much his alternative reality, but the degree of condescension and absolute confidence that he knows the answers

he might be right, but he is so certain that he is that it appears that he lives in a closed box

Umm that's just your reality, or rather reaction to how you read him. 

Maybe have a read of your posts while you're at it.

The fact you think he posts in such a confident manner means on some level his ' selling ' is working ... maybe, kinda, sorta 😛

5 hours ago, eveln said:

The rest of you though resort to personal inferences when you tire of his continued responses to whatever you post.

Total one way street. You could be talking about nearly anyone who posts on here now. 

Edited by fliptopia
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Total one way street. You could be talking about nearly anyone who posts on here now. 

Yep.

If you look at Leonid's current time on here ( not his past of a few years back ) he doesn't go the personal route unless retaliating in kind.

9 minutes ago, eveln said:

Yep.

If you look at Leonid's current time on here ( not his past of a few years back ) he doesn't go the personal route unless retaliating in kind.

PMSL. The crazy arsehole needs no prompting to just make shit up about me. 

13 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

IIRC on your re-emergence, you too just jumped straight into the pattern of old, too, also, as well. 

Edited by eveln
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Your re-emergence here was basically to take a dump on me.

So I call you for the forgotten loser you are who'll die in his own apartment in the smell of his own feces, needle in arm and will be discovered by your smell because you have no friends beyond those who supply you with that which will kill you.

You got told by everyone in your own "make good with Leonid" thread that you were a dickhead.

Let me repeat it again fr you: you're a dickhead of the highest order.

If your mouth was on fire, I'd pour gasoline in. If you had cancer, that would be a solution, not a problem. One less commie with a jealousy complex and his trough in other peoples' money due to utter lack of ambition and utter inability to see past his own economic victim narrative.

Edited by Leonid

Am I too late to throw insults and stamp my feet because others have a difference of opinion?

Hope not. Cause I love stamping my feet.  

I wonder why we dont have any new members joining....

Edited by hulkster
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

49 minutes ago, hulkster said:

I wonder why we dont have any new members joining....

More bods show up, lurking or otherwise when ever a confront is occurring.

Nothing g wrong with a good stomp either

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eveln said:

Yep.

so his response is thoughtful and adds to the conversation in a constructive manner ?

7 hours ago, Leonid said:

Scruffy having a whine about someone having an opinion on the basis of not liking something is absolutely fucken hilarious.

fwiw, i suggested he is rather reluctant to consider any opinion that doesn't concord with  his own; rather he tangentially shoots the messenger if there's leverage

i wasn't "having a whine", i was questioning his omniscience on all things political

the only reason i get less shit poured on me is that technically i'm a capitalist success story, but even so i still don't buy the entire package, and that makes me problematic

i am quite happy to repeatedly accept my view is not the only one; he is endlessly reinforcing his dogmatic belief that his view is the correct one

and it is, for him

but he's (unfortunately for him perhaps, and fortunately for others) not the nominated spokesthing for world, nor the only opinion, so while he can carry on (as he does), he needs to accept others can and will likewise

/that is all

• Like 1

@scruffy1 crikey! You quoted me, so I'm wondering how you can misconstrue the meaning as much as you seem to have.

Fuck ! Say whatever you want, but you must know that what you accuse Leonid of, we are all pretty much at fault in the same way, you included. He's not special in that regard .

21 hours ago, Leonid said:

"Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous."

Are you saying it's not?  That the number of men who treat their wives as slaves is low?  That the number of men insecure in their partner seeing or touching other men, even relatives, is insignificant?

Maybe it's not as interesting when it's not dressed up as Islam bashing.

9 hours ago, eveln said:

how the fuck would you really know ? Do you say that cos you don't like and agree with his responses ? Well I reckon that might be a problem you and the rest of us have too, also as well, don't ya think ?

He listens ( reads ) quite well in my humble estimation.

The rest of you though resort to personal inferences when you tire of his continued responses to whatever you post. When really you ( all ) should be pleased someone is actually reading your posts and actually bothering to give you ( all ) the time of day

ffs  how fucking passively arrogant of you ?!

Yes, sure, no-one is a saint.  But also it's not like Leo and I don't communicate elsewhere online, in places an increasing member of remaining active Atomicans fear to tread.  I don't have to feign gratitude because he, too, still pops in to Atomic.

But it also means I get to see a lot of the same thing, over and over, in different places online, over the years.

If you think you're right, of course you're going to argue your point of view (if you have the disposition and energy).  So no-one is begrudhing Leo that point.  Just that so many people are wrong about so many things, because Leo is better read and better versed and better travelled.  Alternative hypothesis is that Leo just likes to argue about many topics with many people, no matter what.

2 hours ago, eveln said:

More bods show up, lurking or otherwise when ever a confront is occurring.

Nothing g wrong with a good stomp either

Sometimes.  Less people show up than the number that stay away, at this point.

This place has been left to be what it wants to be for a long time, now, and the results are telling.

2 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Are you saying it's not?  That the number of men who treat their wives as slaves is low?

Errr maybe I’m missing something but how is that heteronormative or toxic?

Isn’t that just criminal and across all couples?

iunno.  You tell me how unhealthy relationships aren't, by definition, toxic.

If you want to be treated like you are 8 years old and in the playground I'm happy to oblige.  *Glares at Nich for not letting her play with the temp ban feature*

Otherwise, knock it off. The whole Kimmo vs Leo vs sensible normal conversation got old years ago. 

Debate is good. Even if it starts with idiots trying to make adolescent points. Idiocy and playground social chest beating is not. 

The ignore button is still there and available and fucking use it already!

Now... Back to your regularly scheduled reality. 

• Thanks 1

Holy shit, moderation! 

I for one, welcome any feeble attempt (or even robust effort) to impose some rules of engagement. I reckon the Geneva Convention was a fine thing, when enough people respected it. 

Happy to stop calling Leo a cunt any time, as soon as there's any other form of recourse. 

everything in moderation

including excess

2 hours ago, eveln said:

@scruffy1 crikey! You quoted me, so I'm wondering how you can misconstrue the meaning as much as you seem to have.

Fuck ! Say whatever you want, but you must know that what you accuse Leonid of, we are all pretty much at fault in the same way, you included. He's not special in that regard .

using the descriptor "whining" is hardly appropriate or accurate

maybe i am used to people showing respect if they think they deserve it, for their opinions, behaviours, or pretty much anything

and yes, i think he is pretty "special" sometimes

😛

16 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Holy shit, moderation! 

I for one, welcome any feeble attempt (or even robust effort) to impose some rules of engagement. I reckon the Geneva Convention was a fine thing, when enough people respected it. 

Happy to stop calling Leo a cunt any time, as soon as there's any other form of recourse. 

There is recourse Kimmo. Ignore.

Or are you not adult enough to actually use it?

If not, all good. Mods are here when people are too weak to actually moderate themselves.

I am moderating myself. That’s as nice as I’ll ever be to Kimmo.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

everything in moderation

including excess

😛

As a high functioning alcoholic I resemble that remark!

🙂

You are spot on tho. Respect is the key word here. If you don't have it, that's fine. You don't have to see the posts made by that person.

But show it to the forum as a whole by losing the adolescent posturing and figure out a way of telling someone they are of an opinion that conflicts with yours in such a way that you don't come off like a douche.

Thank you for being one of the remaining sensible adults we have here and always making this place somewhere where sensible adults can share ideas and converse. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Leonid said:

I am moderating myself. That’s as nice as I’ll ever be to Kimmo.

No. You aren't.

If you were the shitposting would be a lot less.

If you think you are, you are the one with the problem.

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

iunno.  You tell me how unhealthy relationships aren't, by definition, toxic.

I don’t think we disagree here.

The issue is you said “Toxic heteronormativity is fairly ubiquitous."

I said “It’s no more ubiquitous than toxic gender-fluidity and certainly far less prevalent relative to its sample size.”

I mean what’s wrong here?

i am humbled to be considered a sensible adult

maybe the competition for that is not that vigorous in this site, but in many ways it stands proud amongst a great deal of shit online

so, kiddies, do what mum says, or you'll all get a sound spanking... if that's still acceptable these days

umm, i guess it is between consenting adults; and it is mardi gras

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

7 minutes ago, Leonid said:

I mean what’s wrong here?

I think you're being very charitable to the vast proportion of people on this planet, and quite uncharitable to a very small minority that suffers unproportionate persecution in most places they live.

3 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

No. You aren't.

If you were the shitposting would be a lot less.

Kimmo is a less intelligent species than another extremist who frequents these intertubes by the name of DMB/NZT48 who is not only an open racist, has some pretty extreme ideas of how society should function.

Kimmo can occasionally put words together better than the other guy, with deference to clear micro-aneurisms that deliver such incomprehensible BS as “participatory anarchic democracy” but manages to (uncontested except for by me) to promote extremist ideas of how society should function that has ended in mass graves every single time.

And I came from a society that chose to do that. So yes I feel strongly about a coked-out druggie being uncontested.

I’ve given as good as I’ve gotten and an extra serving of derision besides.

But I am not going to give Kimmo the respect it does not deserve.

As @eveln observed - I only reply in kind. It’s up to it to stop being abusive (toxically heteronormative hah) and this ends.

• Like 1