Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

. Or give the forums that respect.

But don't pretend to play the higher ground when you're often seemingly chomping at the bit to pile on to someone you dislike for the most puerile reasons.

Yeahhh, but no Nich.

I actually don't think Leonid is chomping at the bit these days. I don't think he needs to to be honest here ... 🙂

I have to say here quite seriously now. I happen to think Leonid shows a great deal of respect for this forum and the members he talks to . Obviously Kimmo being the exception here and sometimes their chat is truly riveting, truly.

I mean the imaginative descriptors both use are at times thrilling and at others bile inducing. This needs to be applauded. Why not ? We are all adults here yes ?

12 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Your focus on a single individual is just sad.

You're focusing on a single individual now. Me.

It's just so sad.

You claim no respect but also deserve none. 

I didn't ask for any. 

The standard you are setting is way below what I would like to see here.

Ah so you wanna leave a giant gaping hole bang in the middle between communism and far-right anti-semitism, because that's what you wouldn't like to see here 🙂

It's not up to you to set the standard for Kimmo or DMB.

The word "moderator" comes from the word "moderate" and moderation is closely related.

If it was up to you to set the standard and you were actually setting it, this forum would have no racists or communist extremists.

The standard you are setting in yourself tells us all we need to know.

I've no idea why you're surprised. I've said multiple times over the last 20 years that if you fire at me I will eviscerate you.

And then go back to being a grumpy anti-communist who disagrees strongly but does not get abusive.

20 years later you're still surprised or expect a different standard or change?

I'll let you get back on track if you are able or if it's considered worth it though before any action is taken.

Do whatever you want, you have that "Mod" thing under your name which means you are supposed to moderate.

FYI, if I was mod, I wouldn't ban me, Kimmo or DMB. Because the mods have been ban happy in the past and this place became fucken empty.

Edited by Leonid

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

- I'm staying out of this but

If you were actually staying out of it you would not have posted in it ... but I will satisfy your need and as you can see I replied

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

You tell me what you think is more important, free speech or banning people you don't agree with because they're stupid and believe stupid things for stupid reasons?

banning is for pussies.

but ganging up on a person for their style of posting and what they have to say is pretty shit too, also as well

1 hour ago, Chaos.Lady said:

No worries. I'm not afraid to ban you if that's what is required.

Nich can whine all he likes. I'm not afraid to ban Kimmo either if he deserves it.  I won't tolerate anti-Semites but I also won't pander to your insecurity.

Here is your warning and Kimmos. Quit it.  Don't engage. Or I will ban.

I'm over it.  From both of you.  Got it?

yeah ... well then ban me too.  😞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

You aren't acting like an adult and I am the mod here. I do not condone the behaviour so I will interfere. Or moderate. I don't care what language you use.  I'm also not interested in arguing it with you.

You're the mod here but you're (collectively) not moderating and haven't done for a long time - and thank fuck for that. If you were, this forum would be moderate and would not tolerate extremely anti-religious, far right racist or far left classist beliefs. And we'd all be banned for at least one of those.

As for the adult bit, adults argue and call each other names. It's not 1750, we duel with words, not pistols. Sometimes it gets heavy.

If you're not interested in arguing with me, don't argue with me. Someone suggested an ignore button somewhere.

• Like 2

Maybe things would get less heated if every other thread didn't seem to turn into fisty cuffs over the same old things then trawling out the same old insults. It's like you could write the next thread of anything slightly political after post 15 or so. 

• Like 1