Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

See what I mean, @eveln?  He's just the local hero telling us how it really is, and making sure we all know it.

Like, he may think Kimmo is an awful waste of a human being, but he doesn't dislike him.  It's just tough love.

6 hours ago, Nich... said:

See what I mean, @eveln?  He's just the local hero telling us how it really is, and making sure we all know it.

Like, he may think Kimmo is an awful waste of a human being, but he doesn't dislike him.  It's just tough love.

Whoa.

I never called Kimmo a human being.

8 hours ago, Nich... said:

I'm guilty of that too.Not the local hero bit, ( blueness aside ) but telling it how it is from my perspective ... just go have a look in that thread about the fires. I'm all over it like a rash

I think it's chrisg's fault tbh ... after reading his diatribes on the way shit is,  I figure well if he gets away with writing dribble then let's all get to it !!

I've a case of the giggles reading you and Leonid just now ... dare say I probably shouldn't, but

Edited by eveln

I don't get it.  If she's now a he and has the facial hair and wedding tackle installed, then where the hell does the discharge come from?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I don't get it.  If she's now a he and has the facial hair and wedding tackle installed, then where the hell does the discharge come from?

That pain she feels is science screaming at her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

i dont get it.  where in the article did it say he had undergone a sex change op?

this part caught my attention:

...using a men’s restroom can be daunting for those who have their period. The sound of opening a tampon or pad, or simply carrying one, can lead to unwanted attention.

“You might have this monthly terror where you’re concerned that if you go to the restroom, and someone sees a tampon, then they’re going to start asking questions,” Heng-Lehtinen said.

...coz it happened to me just the other day.  there i was, standing at the trough discreetly changing my tampon when the dude next to me started giving me a dirty look.  i mean, seriously?  maybe he was just grossed out that i temporarily had hold of the string of the used one by my teeth, but thats hardly my fault, because guess what people, ive only got two hands and they put the bins too far away.  

• Haha 1

If he hasn't had a sex change op then why would he have a period?

Sounds like a bunch of crap.  Fair enough you have these pending ones that dress the other way but biologically they're still fitted with the OEM stuff, but a bona fide bloke doesn't get periods just as a fair dinkum female doesn't get crushed nuts.

i think you'll find that the man in the article still has a uterus and plumbing

so apart from the beard, most of the rest is "au natural"... i'm a bit confused whether someone on testosterone supplements would have regular (if any) periods, but i confess it not something i have considered before

• Like 1

If you have a uterus then I'd expect the vulva to be there too.  If there's also the dangly bits then maybe he's a hermaphrodite which if natural isn't really transgender since it was there from the start.

That aside, why would you do a plug change at a trough?  You'd do it in the toilet.

The whole article to me just sounds like a bunch of attention whoring.

• Like 1

The only part of the menopausal process that I am truly utterly thankful for is the lack of need of a tampon.  BUT   I will Always be thankful to have had the ability to have purchased and used the tampon for nigh on thirty years  of my life.

As to the person  that Leonid posts about , I say " suck it up and man up dude "

Edited by eveln

40 minutes ago, Rybags said:

That aside, why would you do a plug change at a trough?  You'd do it in the toilet.

speak for yourself buddy.  i shit in the trough too.  its my right as a man.

besides, the sound of opening a tampon or pad...can lead to unwanted attention.   so the cubicle is still a challenge.  because, as you know, much like dogs who can hear the ping of food hitting their bowl at 50 paces, we men are highly attuned to the signature sounds of feminine hygiene products being unwrapped.  plus, you'd have to be James Bond to smuggle a pad into a public toilet unseen.  i tried wearing one as a hat once, but people still noticed and gave me grief.  so thats why i dont bother trying to hide it anymore.  

• Like 1

It's not that hard... you can fairly easily disguise pads as one of those hats with the flappy ear covers.

7 hours ago, Rybags said:

.. you can fairly easily disguise pads as one of those hats with the flappy ear covers.

you must have a reeeally narrow wee head or have experience of some super generous vages.

45 minutes ago, eveln said:

you must have a reeeally narrow wee head or have experience of some super generous vages.

I think the term is “I have a wide-set vagina and a heavy flow”

Yes I watched Mean Girls. No I’m not ashamed!

• Haha 1

no rubbish bins in the cubicle for the wrapper; or those "feminine hygiene" bins for the used products

it's poor form to flush a tampon or pad

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

no rubbish bins in the cubicle for the wrapper; or those "feminine hygiene" bins for the used products

It's better than standing at the piss trough holding a used one in your teeth!.........................unless you just got your Red Wings......................

9 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

but its impossible to get them from the cubicle to the bin unnoticed!

once i tried concealing a used tampon by clenching my fist all around it — but right at the moment i was throwing it in the bin, someone spotted me. 

i was caught red handed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

Q: How does a vampire drink tea?

A: Tampon in warm water

'Used tampon'

(golden oldie time)

Sounds like the issue is more with you, Rybags, than that article 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, Nich... said:

Sounds like the issue is more with you, Rybags, than that article 🤷‍♀️

the issue i have with the article is that its a bloated agenda-driven piece of trash.

the agenda i find distasteful is not the advocation for LGBTQ people.

the agenda is that of NBC: transgender stuff is topical and lends itself well to a click-baity freakshow we can exploit whilst coming off as uber progressive, so lets hire someone to drone on for nearly 1500 words about something that can be summarised in less than 50.

at 0.6% of the population, and possibly half that for men, who would maybe use tampon bins a handful of times per year, i will leave it up to others to decide the cost/benefit of outfitting mens toilets with them.  i am not discounting the potential intangibles in terms of the public good, and maybe a less vacuous article would give me some factual context in that regard.

in the mean time, i wouldnt be surprised if the majority of men with ovaries can manage the whole business just fine without PTSD, and arent infants in need of obsequious articles imploring us to shed a tear for them.

• Like 2

lol ^^.

I didn't even bother to read the article, so am grateful for the hints and summaries.

Usually one would be more likely to need a tampon/ pad (ewww) rather than need to have to chuck away a used one. You know, caught by surprise by an attack of the bloods, rather than caught needing to change one. Sure, the latter might happen, but not so much. 

Why not just have sanitary bins in all cubicles, regardless of the gender specified on the outer door ? Seriously the less of pads and tampons that end up in our sewage the better. 

And also what about folk who suffer from incontinence, don't they wear some sort of adult diaper thing that would / could need changing whilst out and about ?!

2020 will be the year we smash the gender pregnancy gap comrades.

Upon seeing the above I’ve decided I’m fine with climate change killing our planet.

It’s been a good run.