Jump to content
Leonid

Guys, it's ok. We have a safe space

Recommended Posts

The real, hard question we've all overlooked in our quest to shitpost, is what kind of urinals are best and which are prescribed.  Wall-width affair, from floor up, or individual ones mounted on the wall?  Should there be partitions in between, or laissez faire?

Oh also apparently this is now a thing:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/gender-neutral-toilets-in-use-for-first-time-at-australian-open-20200120-p53szj.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Leonid said:

Because it’s straight out of building codes chump.

 

yes, the code.  cling to the code!  that will make you seem less foolish.

 

On 1/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, @~thehung said:

we are not talking about what is, but what could be — what size unisex toilet could cope with demand.  you seem to have lost sight of that.  we do not have adequate provisions for building modern multiple cubicle unisex toilets in this country.  as such, our current code doesnt provide for equivalent toilet numbers to replace urinals.  obviously, were modern multiple cubicle unisex toilets to be adopted here, provisions for them would need to be amended to the code.  thats what we are talking about.  and one argument for doing so, as i have proven over and over again, is they can be cheaper and take up less space.

 

is there no limit to how far you will contort your cognitive dissonance to preserve your prejudices?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

yes, the code.  cling to the code!  that will make you seem less foolish.


I have about 300 residents of Mascot Towers who vehemently disagree with your assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were those 300 also opposed to unisex toilets anywhere outside of their homes, like in the lobby downstairs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Were those 300 also opposed to unisex toilets anywhere outside of their homes, like in the lobby downstairs?


I think they’d take any bathroom at this point but they’d live in it - as long as it stringently exceeded all building codes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the floor in the building codes, or the underpinning assumptions (involving, say, inspections) at fault?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nich... said:

Was the floor in the building codes, or the underpinning assumptions (involving, say, inspections) at fault?


Why can’t it be both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, @~thehung said:

we are not talking

didn't realise you spoke for a group when you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Leonid said:


Why can’t it be both?

It feels like it could be problematic to hold up the building codes as exemplary for toilets, but causative for buildings collapsing.  Like maybe 'but the building code' is not a great argument in and of itself 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nich... said:

It feels like it could be problematic to hold up the building codes as exemplary for toilets, but causative for buildings collapsing.  Like maybe 'but the building code' is not a great argument in and of itself 🤷‍♀️

 

You have an excellent point. We should talk to the person making that point.

 

Oh wait... no-one did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, Nich... said:

The real, hard question we've all overlooked in our quest to shitpost, is what kind of urinals are best and which are prescribed.  Wall-width affair, from floor up, or individual ones mounted on the wall?  Should there be partitions in between, or laissez faire?

Oh also apparently this is now a thing:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/gender-neutral-toilets-in-use-for-first-time-at-australian-open-20200120-p53szj.html

 

I bet the players aren't forced to use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

 

I bet the players aren't forced to use them.

Yeah, forcing people to use a toilet is kind of weird, but seems on point for this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

 

I bet the players aren't forced to use them.

lol. The players loos likely have very little privacy ... don't want any random pill poppin' or needle shootin' going on, it could really mess with the team's earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 7:44 PM, @~thehung said:

Is there no limit to how far you will contort your cognitive dissonance to preserve your prejudices?

 

He's a Liberal voter, who makes a show of paying attention. Of course not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nich... said:

Yeah, forcing people to use a toilet is kind of weird, but seems on point for this thread.

 

Once they are all like that, there will be no choice.

(besides.........if you eat a dodgy hot dog........you won't care!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all part of "progress".

Next up, marriage to animals becomes legal.

Followed by decriminilization of paedophillia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rybags said:

It's all part of "progress".

Next up, marriage to animals becomes legal.

Followed by decriminilization of paedophillia.

 

Thanks for that Cory

  • Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

 

Once they are all like that, there will be no choice.

(besides.........if you eat a dodgy hot dog........you won't care!)


Be quiet commie. When we need you we’ll dig a mass grave.

 

2 hours ago, fliptopia said:

 

Thanks for that Cory


What stops the identification of pedophilia being changed from criminal to “sexual preference”?
 

Pederasty was practised for Millenia (if not longer) and was a natural part of human sexual activity.

 

I mean... let’s face it. Your belief that “gender is fluid” now trumps biological reality. What’s next?

 

Edited by Leonid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Thanks for that Cory

There's a lawyer person in WA who I'd cheerfully go al " Cory " on. Telling some court that a man abused sexually by a number of priests was not due a high level of compensation cos he wouldn't have 'amounted " to much in his life anyway ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-21/letter-admits-christian-brothers-sexual-abuse-on-eve-of-trial/11887018

" But a lawyer for the organisation has argued he deserves a lower compensation payout than what his lawyers have sought because his poor upbringing meant he had a low earning capacity, regardless of the abuse. "

 

/ end derail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leonid said:

What stops the identification of pedophilia being changed from criminal to “sexual preference?

 

Informed consent. You may have noticed it's also a bit of a thing amongst left leaning people. For some it's to the point you nearly need a written contract to have sex. And it is generally agreed a child can't give informed consent. 

 

Also, as far as gender being fluid, well that is, as you point out, all in the head. I don't know many people who think their actual biological gender changes like that. It's more about how you feel about it. I personally feel a healthy way to live is just be a person who has a gender and stop worrying about whether your feelings are male or female and just act how you want but it's never been a thing for me and I'm happy to give people what ever gender title they like because it's no skin off my nose to make them a little more comfortable in their every day lives. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 7:57 AM, eveln said:

didn't realise you spoke for a group when you posted.

 

huh?  we arent talking about that

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I don't know many people who think their actual biological gender changes like that. It's more about how you feel about it.

 

unfortunately, the UK establishment has gone a bit crazy on that point.

Maya Forstater: Woman loses tribunal over transgender tweets

 

last year, there was a bit of a backlash against J.K.Rowling for her #istandwithmaya tweet. 

 

if you read the full judgement it all began with:

 
On 2 September 2018 the Claimant tweeted about the GRA stating;
 
“UK gov consultation on reforming the #GenderRecognitionAct -
proposes to dramatically change scope of the law; from requiring
medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria for change of sex on birth
certificate, to using the basis of 'self identification' …

 

another thing that is apparent from all the collated evidence, and far less apparent than in the BBC article linked above, is that at many times she took pains to clarify that in ordinary day to day life she is in agreement with what you said above:  "I'm happy to give people what ever gender title they like because it's no skin off my nose to make them a little more comfortable in their every day lives."

 

i dont know everything she has said on the topic, and dont agree with everything i've read from her.  i cant go full #istandwithmaya since it seems she became less careful with her words and/or may have lost the plot as time went on and she became embroiled in heated arguments.  however, i do think there are serious issues with enshrining non-scientific self-identified classifications into official records and processes, and i do not agree with the judgement.

 

Edited by @~thehung

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as that case goes I'm fine with a man saying that she is now a woman. I understand that doesn't make sense for some people but personally, I'm fine with them purchasing a lady's swim at the pool. 

 

I'd like to see a gender dysphoria diagnosis for a passport change too. Nothing too arduous if that's what you want but at least something. Maybe get it down to xy or xx and you can then identify as a xx or xy male or female. Preserve the scientific but leave the option for identity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rybags said:

It's all part of "progress".

Next up, marriage to animals becomes legal.

Followed by decriminilization of paedophillia.

Well, I mean, it's legal for men to marry men now, so you're kind of obliged to marry and fuck your pet dog, right? 

Back in my day, we didn't let them coloured folk marry us whites, because we knew what path it'd lead down to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×