Sign in to follow this  
eveln

Locked threads and suspensions

Wow. Locking a thread . Why did that actually happen ? And can i ask for it to be unlocked ... please ?

This new thread was not of my doing or requesting. It has been created by a mod putting my post here

Edited by eveln
Just to give credit where it is due.

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Wow. Locking a thread . Why did that actually happen ? And can i ask for it to be unlocked ... please ?

The thread has been a sniping match for the last 5 pages and the actual discussion was lost in about page 3. 

I can't see a reason to unlock it. 

5 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

The thread has been a sniping match for the last 5 pages and the actual discussion was lost in about page 3. 

I can't see a reason to unlock it. 

Ahh... you see sniping match I see people sorting shit out in a thread about us having a safe space  ... a place where it's okay to be human and have a thought that may not meet the PC requirement, but that is definitely not illegal by anyones' standards

On 15/02/2020 at 10:30 AM, eveln said:

Ahh... you see sniping match I see people sorting shit out in a thread about us having a safe space  ... a place where it's okay to be human and have a thought that may not meet the PC requirement, but that is definitely not illegal by anyones' standards

I saw it as a safe space to bitch about other people having safe spaces.  It was a struggle to get it to be anything I'd call healthy or productive or approaching constructive.  YMMV. 

4 hours ago, Nich... said:
10 hours ago, eveln said:

I saw it as a safe space to bitch about other people having safe spaces.  It was a struggle to get it to be anything I'd call healthy or productive or approaching constructive.  YMMV. 

Most things in life are a struggle, am not at all sure that's a good reason to lock them up and stop the convo.

So a green room even more insipid than it tends to be now, and moderated by woke kittens and rainbows. And a thunderdome with no moderation so's once your gut is sickly full from TGR you can go into thunder mode and rip shreds off of anyone you feel like

how ...' civilised '... I mean crikey ! the thread that was for our safe space got locked

Edited by eveln

On 15/02/2020 at 9:08 PM, eveln said:

So a green room even more insipid than it tends to be now, and moderated by woke kittens and rainbows. And a thunderdome with no moderation so's once your gut is sickly full from TGR you can go into thunder mode and rip shreds off of anyone you feel like

how ...' civilised '... I mean crikey ! the thread that was for our safe space got locked

I'm not sure what's more amusing: that chaos and I are woke kittens and rainbows (what, both of us, or one each?); That you think the same handful of people abusing each other over the same things, over and over again, year after year, is somehow both insipid and also worth saving; that you've forgotten what it's like for even basic moderation to take place and the consequences of ignoring direct requests from mods; or that a thread mocking people for safe spaces was not shown the due respect you thought it was trying to engage in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nich... said:

I'm not sure what's more amusing

Oh so how do you rate the closing of that thread then, a chuckle, a laugh, or barely a sneer  ? ... I reckon the latter . Mods with an ego that must be obeyed. lol.

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

The thread was dead.

Ohhh right well then lock all threads not doing anything then, should work a treat

Maybe. It was one locked thread in how long? Does anyone remember the last one? There have been dozens of shitty stagnant verbal fisty cuffs of the long tail end of a thread let go. 

12 hours ago, eveln said:

Oh so how do you rate the closing of that thread then, a chuckle, a laugh, or barely a sneer  ? ... I reckon the latter . Mods with an ego that must be obeyed. lol.

I'm glad you think that a pretty basic rule here from the get go, that has been exercised quite rarely for a long time, is an ego trip.

Tell me again how things should be done just the way you prefer.

I find, fwiw, that a thread that gets to the point of being locked, just like a member that gets to the point of being suspended, pretty disappointing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nich... said:

I find, fwiw, that a thread that gets to the point of being locked, just like a member that gets to the point of being suspended, pretty disappointing.

me too.

and it's totally his choice, but Leonid won't be back.

now granted that may change, but I don't have much hope of it.

very disappointed I am.

51 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Tell me again how things should be done just the way you prefer.

There was no bloody reason for either you or Chaos.Lady to enter that thread as mods. Sure you could just have posted as one of us but noooo  once an ultimatum had been made the ego got involved.

And Leonid being Leonid will stand up for himself just as a mod will feel the need to Mod. ... but hey Leonid was only ever just a member,  you both new you had the upper hand ...

cya

IMHO, locking that thread was not only the right thing to do but overdue.

6 hours ago, @~thehung said:
23 hours ago, eveln said:

Leonid was only ever just a member

quoted for truth

and yet he seemed to rattle the willies out of some of us ... so much so that a mod felt he had to be suspended to contain him

... and now in these ailing times he's another who won't be back. And for some fucking inane reason Kimmo too has decided to leave us a parting clip or two.

Seriously mods, if you want to join a thread do so, the more the merrier... but like the rest of us mere members, when it doesn't go your way suck it up, don't threaten to ban !!!!

Edited by eveln
two not too

I don't think any of that was about what was said but more that on both sides there was just the same things being said over and over while being more of a dick about it. It was pointless. Having the "willies" about what someone says on the internet doesn't even make sense to me. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 12:51 AM, @~thehung said:

quoted for truth

I mean, he was a Hero, once upon a time.  But I guess the mods at the time got the willies and removed that.

On 18/02/2020 at 7:48 AM, eveln said:

Seriously mods, if you want to join a thread do so, the more the merrier... but like the rest of us mere members, when it doesn't go your way suck it up, don't threaten to ban !!!!

That's a pretty curious take on things.

3 hours ago, Nich... said:

That's a pretty curious take on things.

I have that reaction often.

On 16/02/2020 at 1:01 PM, Nich... said:

I'm not sure what's more amusing: that chaos and I are woke kittens and rainbows

Glad you're amused.

Chaos.Lady is on record in that now locked thread ... "

Posted Friday at 08:01 PM

" We are a left leaning community ... . "

Surely being 'woke' is what the left leaning folk pride their selves in being

I reckon there are some here that might want to think differently. Mods are not here to tell us which way we think.

11 minutes ago, eveln said:

Surely being 'woke' is what the left leaning folk pride their selves in being 

I am definitely a lefty according to every metric I know of, and the whole 'woke' thing afaic is a steaming pile of fresh cow pat. What I think is important is recognising that I live in a society of actual people that each matter just as much as I do, even if I disagree with them or think them idiots; I don't ' take pride' in that, it just is.

I prefer to ask, not assuming I know what other people think.  I find I make fewer mistakes that way.

4 hours ago, Cybes said:

I prefer to ask, not assuming I know what other people think.  I find I make fewer mistakes that way.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, wasn't aware I had you in mind when I was replying to Nich... But there you go...

7 hours ago, eveln said:

Also, wasn't aware I had you in mind when I was replying to Nich

The clause to which I replied said 'left leaning folk', which includes me - and anyone else left of centre who feels like chiming in.  If you want to specifically limit future comment scope to him you should probably use 'you'.