Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

11 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Don't spread it but the bleach is actually something worth stashing... if the water goes to shit you use a capful or just under per litre to kill the nasties.

https://www.epa.gov/ground-water-and-drinking-water/emergency-disinfection-drinking-water

2 drops per lite ... so you don't need 10L of the stuff

look out Jeruselem ... you're being a bit loud ... that green linky stands out bigtime 😛

39 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

What you mean Wallis ?  The water in this country is shit!  🙂

Cheers

But you're in Adelaide.

🙂

Actually it is a lot better here than it used to be   🙂

Nonetheless the amount of the second halogen that is still used in almost the whole country (Tasmania excepted) makes me wonder how the bloody hell the coronavirus could survive at all...

Cheers

I dropped into the local Aldi on the way home with plan to grab a lasagne.

The meat based produce in the freezer section was almost non-existent.

It's all 1 week perishable unless you freeze it, so NFI what's going on there.

52 minutes ago, chrisg said:

What you mean Wallis?

LOL what is this shit?  my best guess is youre doing Balki from Perfect Strangers utterly mangling a popular catchphrase from his adopted country 😆

1 minute ago, Rybags said:

I dropped into the local Aldi on the way home with plan to grab a lasagne.

The meat based produce in the freezer section was almost non-existent.

It's all 1 week perishable unless you freeze it, so NFI what's going on there.

Insanity is what - I'm staying away from shops fro a few days, no need to go near them. Hopefully some sanity will appear...

🙂  Actually I don't even really recall where it comes form @th.

Cheers

24 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂  Actually I don't even really recall where it comes form @th.

128gkv.jpg

🙂

Don't think I ever watched it...

Cheers

yesterday at aldi there were more toilets on sale than toilet paper

hint : there was no toilet paper (or paper towels, or tissues)

no rice

no flour

no canned tomatoes

no frozen vegetables

the world has quite literally gone batshit crazy

Fresh brocolli is another, though probably more due to the fires.

There's state gov advice saying to keep 2 weeks food.

The reason is in case you have to isolate if sick, but people seem to be thinking everything's going to be stopped being produced.  Morons.

10 hours ago, @~thehung said:

LOL what is this shit? 

Wallis as in Simpson ... sure her met her and she said that sort of shit

17 minutes ago, smadge1 said:

I went to buy some macaroni yesterday, as there was plenty on Saturday, but it was all gone now. Plenty of Lasagna sheets though.

also... $1,000 would buy a lot of TP

Mitt Romney just unveiled a plan to send every American adult a $1,000 check during the coronavirus outbreak

That's $US 1000 ... yes it would!

ABC Coronacast podcast - 16th March - Think coronavirus only kills the old? Think again.

One of the biggest myths around coronavirus is that it's only the old who are at serious risk.

But evidence from China and Italy show that intensive care wards are full of otherwise healthy younger people.

plenty of younger people with no obvious risk factors (eg. heart disease, diabeetus) have become seriously ill.  it seems that triage decisions are one reason we have a skewed picture.

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Suspect NT numbers are under reported as they aren't testing the indigenous population in communities.

That's a questionable one I guess J, by definition the communities are more isolated than most.

The vaccine is in trial but if they stick to normal methodologies it could be a year away - they may have to fast track it.

Meanwhile some doctors in Queensland are reporting very good results in treating the infected using an older HIV med and an almost redundant anti-malarial. Too early to say, but it looks promising.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, chrisg said:

That's a questionable one I guess J, by definition the communities are more isolated than most.

The vaccine is in trial but if they stick to normal methodologies it could be a year away - they may have to fast track it.

Meanwhile some doctors in Queensland are reporting very good results in treating the infected using an older HIV med and an almost redundant anti-malarial. Too early to say, but it looks promising.

Cheers

If one person in that community is infected, guess what ... due to the complete lack of hygiene there, the whole lot will have it.

Yeah, unfortunately that is true, although hygiene has been improving the past few years.

I'd imagine the classic aboriginal response would be to simply go walkabout - if you want social distancing you can sure get it in the outback.

The reach of this thing has been extraordinary but with only one identified case in the NT as at this am the chances of community contamination have to be slight - hell, most NT citizens never set foot on a community.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Yeah, unfortunately that is true, although hygiene has been improving the past few years.

I'd imagine the classic aboriginal response would be to simply go walkabout - if you want social distancing you can sure get it in the outback.

The reach of this thing has been extraordinary but with only one identified case in the NT as at this am the chances of community contamination have to be slight - hell, most NT citizens never set foot on a community.

Cheers

Yes but the people kicked out from communities wander around Darwin ...