Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

11 hours ago, Rybags said:

Stopping inbounds from China around Christmas would have been deemed a racist act though.

If the initial outbreak was in Italy I bet they'd have done it though.

It was like they were pretending it was nothing too extraordinary to make sure that it was spread worldwide.

Soy lasts forever, relatively to normal milk.

Oh yes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outcast_Aussie said:

Why has everyone gone bananas for Soya Milk lately ?

Yes, because it has a good shelf life - but so does regular UHT.  Is there a run that as well?  I haven't looked.

Can't speak to why else there might be a fad for it.  Been using the stuff myself since the late '80s - Dad had a heart attack, and we switched over then.  Went to switch back at some point after he died, and found I didn't like the flavour of moo juice any more, and discovered sis was lactose intolerant.

Regular UHT was clearing out, at least the bigger sizes.

There's also almond milk though it's not cheap.

I generally only use milk for my 3 daily coffees so can make 2 litres last until it's useby date.

It'd be easier to just stop drinking milk, surely. Not like it is necessary for adults anyway ...

... but the convo on soy milk, and scruffy1's comment about getting the Liberal boomers gone  sorta goes hand in hand  really ... all starting to make perfect sense .lol. I though soy for males was introducing non-required estrogen ... or is that just some fairy story  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

It'd be easier to just stop drinking milk, surely. Not like it is necessary for adults anyway ...

... but the convo on soy milk, and scruffy1's comment about getting the Liberal boomers gone  sorta goes hand in hand  really ... all starting to make perfect sense .lol. I though soy for males was introducing non-required estrogen ... or is that just some fairy story  ?

I posted elsewhere that it was a plot by China to bump off all the old farts that vote Conservative Governments in so that The Greens could take over, fuck everything up and China would step in to save the World!..............but Putin might have something to say about that.

The plan may be failing with Sanders looking at defeat though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

my news feed just told me, that even with the thirty day no cruise ships ... we have one that already docked and let passengers off in NSW ... with four people and a crew member testing positive . Darwin can expect a cruise ship to dock there as can WA too.

Just want to make sure all three sides of the country get their quota  of potential virus carriers 😕

Edited by eveln

I was in woolies, all the almond milk was still there.

That stuff is just ... horrid.

3 hours ago, eveln said:

It has a phyoestrogen that can kind of work with human estrogen receptors at a lesser effect. I think you'd have to have crazy amounts to be an issue but I can't remember for sure. 

Posted (edited)

Italy vs US

tT7rTlY.jpg

cN27jQr.jpg

Australia vs USA

p7SNU6W.jpg

Australia

OgTKToF.jpg

09-03  —  100 cases
21-03  —  874 cases

okay, noting the scales, comparing the above two graphs is a bit misleading. 

the sharp rise in our graph is actually less steep than the slight rise for the US between March 2 and March 10.  it took us 12 days to get a similar number of cases as the US had after 8 days.  so, we are in better shape.  thats to be expected with our lower population density and social distancing etc implemented a bit earlier.  but still.... winter is coming

Edited by @~thehung

US stats are way under due to Trump refusing to test for cases at the start.

3 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

US stats are way under due to Trump refusing to test for cases at the start.

true enough.  but its also hard to know how much to second guess our own data, given the policy has been to test only after contact with a confirmed case and/or certain arrivals from abroad or if very sick.  no doubt theres still a lot of sleeper cells out there...

There are bound to be, it is a very difficult virus to catch in its initial phase.

Where Trump has stuffed up, and might be his utter downfall, is in persistent denial and now trying to duck-shove it all to the states.

They did not need him to, SF and LA already locked down, along with NYC. I'm watching for Florida to close borders so the moron can't go to Mar-a -Escapeville and play golf...

It's possible Australia could have reacted faster but we were close to the realistic mark - the U.S. is a debacle.

That's what you get when you put a failed business-twerp in charge of a country...

Cheers

Tests per million people as at 18th March:

skiyhkr.jpg

at the time, the testing capacity of the USA was around 50,000 per day, but its projected to reach 100,000 per day by the 27 March

best guess data for 20 March:

USA            317

Japan         275

UK               972

Italy           3420

S.Korea    6152

Aus           4618

seems we are not doing too badly

10 hours ago, chrisg said:

Where Trump has stuffed up, and might be his utter downfall

Nup, watching other forums and sites the pro Trump nutjobs are finding all sorts of inventive and weirdo ways to blame it on other people and organisations. According to them he has done a biggly perfect job it's just the rest of the world (basically) that has held him back.

These people are totally out of touch with reality when it comes to the dipshit in chief of the USA.

16 minutes ago, aliali said:

Nup, watching other forums and sites the pro Trump nutjobs are finding all sorts of inventive and weirdo ways to blame it on other people and organisations. According to them he has done a biggly perfect job it's just the rest of the world (basically) that has held him back.

These people are totally out of touch with reality when it comes to the dipshit in chief of the USA.

Yeah,

I cannot think of anything in the way of criticism of their head idiot that the brainwashed Trumpsters would accept.

I really cannot even vaguely understand the hold that he seems to have over them, utterly pathetic when any fool can just read his blitherings or track his lies and see he is without a clue.

Cheers

9 hours ago, @~thehung said:

Tests per million people as at 18th March:

skiyhkr.jpg

at the time, the testing capacity of the USA was around 50,000 per day, but its projected to reach 100,000 per day by the 27 March

best guess data for 20 March:

USA            317

Japan         275

UK               972

Italy           3420

S.Korea    6152

Aus           4618

seems we are not doing too badly

As we have seen with most countries around the world.............if you don't test............you have no cases!

when it's all over i am guessing the u.s. will be in major disarray, china will be powering, and the new economic leader of the world will be watching the fall of the western empire

between $ and contagion, there will be no need for ww3

I'm starting to wonder if Trump even knows where Washington State is.

For some odd reason I'm a subscriber to the Seattle Times and it is really bad up there. What makes it worse is that although he may not have thought it through Seattle is a powerhouse of the U.S. economy, or at least it usually is. Boeing, Microsoft and Amazon all either have their headquarters or their major production there.

I know it can be a little confusing having a state and a District with the same name but...

Cheers

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

good read thanks . I'm gonna just quote this paragraph from it ...

" For those who cannot stay home, the lesson is that it is feasible to work and stay coronavirus-free, despite the risks. Deborah Yokoe, the medical director of hospital epidemiology and infection prevention at U.C.S.F. Medical Center, told me that, given the safety practices in the hospital, she is seeing a greater likelihood of staff picking up infections at home than at work. Following this logic, San Francisco public-health officials are pushing medical facilities to have all health-care workers—not just those who have had patient exposures—report whether they have fever or flu symptoms prior to starting work each day. "

19 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I think you'd have to have crazy amounts to be an issue but I can't remember for sure. 

or, just a number of years of digestion perhaps ?

Edited by eveln

48 minutes ago, chrisg said:

I know it can be a little confusing

Suure mack. Especially given you've let your all-encompassing hate for a person screw with what little ability you have left to reason with  ... but never mind, self-isolate and keep that keyboard and screen hygienically clean dude.

for those medically inclined, this is way too funny

FB_IMG_1584827165493.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=