Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

40 minutes ago, eveln said:

Suure mack. Especially given you've let your all-encompassing hate for a person screw with what little ability you have left to reason with  ... but never mind, self-isolate and keep that keyboard and screen hygienically clean dude.

Heh,

By his bumbling stupidity he is undoubtedly killing people in his own country whilst denying all the responsibility that is manifest in his role, you bet I fucking hate him - someone has to to balance out the hopeless sycophantic love from his worshipers...

America is days away from crashing and burning, with major cities walling themselves off whilst he holds his daily confusing press conferences that seem mostly designed to confuse when he's not patting himself on the back for no good reason.

Cheers

1 hour ago, eveln said:

or, just a number of years of digestion perhaps ? 

It's a hormone, not a heavy metal - it doesn't accumulate.

Posted (edited)

NT government locks down remote communities, you can't go in there unless you're an essential worker. Doesn't apply to major centers like Darwin thank God.

The funny thing is the remote communities don't lose their freedom of movement.

https://www.alicespringsnews.com.au/2020/03/20/70224/

New arrivals to NT must go through 14 day isolation. See if they apply that to the Cruise ship next Saturday!

Edited by Jeruselem

Cruise ships are a sore point, even ones with no infection on board.

Basically if the rules are to mean anything the passengers at a minimum have to self isolate for 14 days - good luck finding enough accommodation. That leaves the alternative of flying out of NT, on the reduced flight schedules to southern locations that do have enough half-empty hotels courtesy of the pandemic or if they are locals to their homes.

The experience of both overseas and our emerging outcomes curve is that if they are temperature checked each step of the way that can be done in reasonable safety but all the protocols are still gelling.

I was more than somewhat amused to go shopping today, almost every person I saw had grabbed their one allowed pack of Coles  TP, 24 pack I think , they seemed to have standardised. It was so prevalent that the cashier asked me why I didn't have any, in a nice manner. I don't need any, I'd bought a 36 pack on special ages back but it is only half gone. By the time I do need some the nutters should have stopped stockpiling.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Cruise ships are a sore point, even ones with no infection on board.

Basically if the rules are to mean anything the passengers at a minimum have to self isolate for 14 days - good luck finding enough accommodation. That leaves the alternative of flying out of NT, on the reduced flight schedules to southern locations that do have enough half-empty hotels courtesy of the pandemic or if they are locals to their homes.

The experience of both overseas and our emerging outcomes curve is that if they are temperature checked each step of the way that can be done in reasonable safety but all the protocols are still gelling.

I was more than somewhat amused to go shopping today, almost every person I saw had grabbed their one allowed pack of Coles  TP, 24 pack I think , they seemed to have standardised. It was so prevalent that the cashier asked me why I didn't have any, in a nice manner. I don't need any, I'd bought a 36 pack on special ages back but it is only half gone. By the time I do need some the nutters should have stopped stockpiling.

Cheers

Was in town yesterday, no toilet paper or hand sanitizer left. Pasta and meat were cleaned out. That was coles and woolies.

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

someone has to to balance out the hopeless sycophantic love from his worshipers

Scary thing with the blatantly blind fanaticism of his followers,  I'm actually waiting for him to take it to heart and declare himself as The Messiah and Saviour of All Mankind...

Or the reincarnation of Hitler - wouldn't put that past him either...

Anyway, I'll cheerfully stand on the scales beside you there, 'chris.

4 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

when it's all over i am guessing the u.s. will be in major disarray, china will be powering, and the new economic leader of the world will be watching the fall of the western empire

between $ and contagion, there will be no need for ww3

I already said that but...............how many infections in Russia?

So when are they going to cancel school holidays? Isn't keeping children at school mission critical strategy? Oh wait, no, was just a bullshit excuse to keep non-essential workers out and about in a desperate attempt to slow economic decline in the very short term.

Not to worry, the schools will just have to get children to behave perfectly in overcrowded demountables were social distancing is impossible, and teachers are considered front line workers but are allowed no physical protection. Perfect breeding ground before it's all unleashed in time for Easter. Enjoy everyone!

8 minutes ago, merlin13 said:

Scary thing with the blatantly blind fanaticism of his followers,  I'm actually waiting for him to take it to heart and declare himself as The Messiah and Saviour of All Mankind...

🙂

No I would not be surprised to hear him declaring himself the new Messiah either - apparently he's already smarter than anyone else he knows, all by inherited genius... Sorry Donnie Boy, you were hiding behind the door when the smart genes were handed out.

To be serious though under emergency powers in the U.S. he actually could get a long way to being a dictator - the good thing seems to be he's too dumb to appreciate that in the same way he does not obviously understand that his powers are actually finite and can be over-ruled by any of the Federal Judges if he breaks the law of the land. Some of those extraordinary powers only come into play in very special circumstances and bad as the present situation is the country is not at war whatever the moron says. The reverse then applies, if the lower house do not pass it the upper house never get to see it - wonder if he understands that ?

Could get a little tight on those scales - might have to invoke social separation and weigh one at a time 🙂

Cheers

Apparently there is an updated decision on closing schools being made today cyb3r - I completely agree and so do most all teachers.

There are obvious implications in closing schools but I'm not sure that the alternatives have been properly weighed.

There are discussions ongoing here about staggering breaks, inverting the way teachers interact so they go to kids rather than kids coming to different classrooms. All of those approaches have seemed to work out quite well in Singapore but Aussie teachers may well vote with their feet, there is a lot of tension.

Russia is interesting Logic, it's a vast sparsely  populated country of limited interaction on a social level in many ways, so perhaps it is not doing too badly but there is no way to know if they are reporting honestly or not. The same goes for North Korea, I suspect it is horrendous there but again we do not really know. Alone amongst the alienated from the west - sort of- states Iran seems to be reporting honestly and tragically.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, merlin13 said:

Trump's grandfather was a German draft dodger.

Victoria has started their school holidays a week early.

I've decided to make myself less available re computer tech callouts.  See how things go and release availability as time goes on.

I expected last week to be dead but my workload was an improvement on weeks beforehand.

Meanwhile in the good ol US of A.

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

In one of the documents, the department proposed that Congress grant the attorney general power to ask the chief judge of any district court to pause court proceedings “whenever the district court is fully or partially closed by virtue of any natural disaster, civil disobedience, or other emergency situation.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

Scary scary stuff.

Well that's a disappointment - AFL season suspended after completion of this round (1) until at least May.

I get the feeling NRL will probably do the same.  Non-essential travel I should think includes sport teams.

28 minutes ago, aliali said:

Meanwhile in the good ol US of A.

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/21/doj-coronavirus-emergency-powers-140023

Scary scary stuff.

I wonder if that is actually coming from the White House ?

In theory the Prez only has Direct  control over the Executive Branch but given the number of Justices he has appointed there would be some outstanding favours - scary indeed.

All the codes are going to be affected Ry, a couple of players here have already been tested as affected.

Cheers

37 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Well that's a disappointment - AFL season suspended after completion of this round (1) until at least May.

I get the feeling NRL will probably do the same.  Non-essential travel I should think includes sport teams.

Apparently NSW and VIC are about to go ahead with lock down for non essentials. It's going to be hard to keep the NRL open within those parameters. 

Posted (edited)

Yep, pretty much.  I expect the only sport going on in a week or two will be backyard cricket.

Schools in the ACT to be online lessons only from Tuesday.

Edited by Rybags

Posted (edited)

North Korea fires another missile, no one cares because something else is bothering them LOL

Edited by Jeruselem

Vodafone just added 5GB to my phone plan temporarily in case I have well virus issues.

I won't need it.

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Apparently NSW and VIC are about to go ahead with lock down for non essentials. It's going to be hard to keep the NRL open within those parameters. 

I don't see the problem.

They charter buses and planes and play in front of no one but a hundred or so media etc.

They could move them all into the Novatel at Homebush Bay and play all the games there!

57 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

North Korea fires another missile, no one cares because something else is bothering them LOL

Probably the only country that hasn't got it!

6 hours ago, merlin13 said:

I'm actually waiting for him to take it to heart and declare himself as The Messiah and Saviour of All Mankind

He already declared himself King of the Jews.  That wasn't a big enough clue?

Just my luck if NRL did suspend... Parramatta has had it's best start probably since the 1980s.

4 hours ago, fliptopia said:

v'landys is obviously incapable of understanding that even rugby players are after all just citizens, not an essential circus service

and the breweries miffed that making beer isn't essential, likening it to the prohibition

god help us !  the only similarity is that financial world is about to tank like 1929

2 hours ago, Rybags said:

Yep, pretty much.  I expect the only sport going on in a week or two will be backyard cricket.

Schools in the ACT to be online lessons only from Tuesday.

backyard cricket will require 2m personal exclusion zone, so don't bet on it

my prediction of late friday is just starting to build momentum... mixed feelings to have a job (albeit with markedly diminished income) that means i will be at increased riskof contagion and death

thanks to the government, provisions for phone consults being covered by medicare only apply if the patient is considered "at risk" - if the doctor is pregnant / has kids under 12 months / older than 70, immunocompromised - so what ?  suck it up (or hopefully avoid sucking it up if you can)