Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

Fucken latest press conference....................they are shit scared of public unrest.

So, we went to our local club for dinner last night. They'd removed lots of tables and spread the remaining ones out a goodly distance.  Looks like we won't be going next week though.

Not even certain whether I need to get up early tomorrow morning .

2 of the revellers on bondi are now known to be covid positive

the list of thursday's recent cruise ship escapees known to be positive is now at 18, so far

they are known publicised cases; ignorance is widespread - ignorance by the people, and ignorance of the real prevalence

people are idiots; the government is made of people

I'm guessing there'll be a run on the bottle shops this morning.....................

2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

I'm guessing there'll be a run on the bottle shops this morning.....................

Oh I reckon so.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

2 of the revellers on bondi are now known to be covid positive

the list of thursday's recent cruise ship escapees known to be positive is now at 18, so far

they are known publicised cases; ignorance is widespread - ignorance by the people, and ignorance of the real prevalence

people are idiots; the government is made of people

So I think it's pretty stupid that they let this ship and the others that will dock in Darwin and WA do that. I believe it was an act of kindness perhaps to those on the ship who could go home ...But yeah people are idiots. Also people a prone to take an attitude that is caring and lenient toward them, as a sign of weakness, and run with it as such. Not everyone, mind, but  enough to make the hard rules come in a tad late and look like big bully behaviour to the rest of us.

I'm not sure it is ignorance now. Oh sure if and when they are found "ignorance " will be claimed. But that's different.

Edited by eveln

So now Gladys tells parents not to take children to school unless necessary. Complete 180 from Scomo yesterday. Great leadership skills right there... just wing it and don't communicate. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, .:Cyb3rGlitch:. said:

So now Gladys tells parents not to take children to school unless necessary. Complete 180 from Scomo yesterday. Great leadership skills right there... just wing it and don't communicate. 🤷‍♂️

Not surprised, they are just winging it and confusing everyone because there isn't much coordination going on.

Posted (edited)

That useless POS web site called MYGOV just crashed ... I guess people want to see if they got their payments

Edited by Jeruselem

1 hour ago, .:Cyb3rGlitch:. said:

No doubt that is because Victoria has schools that are closed yes ?

So they also are not quite playing by the Fed. Gov. Line either. I doubt any leadership group would get this situation just right.

On another note, given our borders are closed, and most of those self-isolating are, I think townships that wish to celebrate Anzac Day should be able to do so. No interstate travel is necessary for this event.

I saw in the article that Placido Domingo has tested positive as well, at 79 he's high risk.

Kevin Bacon has been keeping in touch with Tom Hanks over email and is popularising social separation via some hashtag giving a nod to Six degrees of separation. He somewhat prophetically said we'd be seeing a lot of celebrities with positive tests.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I'm just waiting for another bank system to crash and well cards cannot be processed, and if the business refuses to take cash ... they have to shut down the store.

Another way to spread a virus, self-service machines at supermarkets

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/self-serve-checkouts-undergoing-extra-cleaning-amid-covid-19-outbreak/ar-BB110Mqt

Edited by Jeruselem

50 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

I'm just waiting for another bank system to crash and well cards cannot be processed, and if the business refuses to take cash ... they have to shut down the store.

Hmm.

The potential is definitely there, most all transactions one way or another go over the Internet which, courtesy of the short-sighted NBN, is already creaking at the seams, we could well see transaction system outages.

Well no one can pay for anything, what happens ? back to barter ?

(I seriously doubt any such thing but if this doesn't wake people up to the shortcomings of the present Internet in Australia nothing will.)

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

I'm just waiting for another bank system to crash

Well Bendigo E-Banking is off line, but CBA was still working ten minutes ago.

Checking my very small super thing on March 4th it was $51,280.00. Today $47,940.00 ouch.

So those with decent super investments are going to be hit real hard.

And Centrelink is overwhelmed IRL too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/mygov-website-down-centrelink-massive-queues-coronavirus/12080558

https://twitter.com/search?q=Line at Centrelink &src=typed_query

Yeah,

Thing with Super is that until you cash it in you have lost nothing. This downturn WILL end and recovery will be fine.

I've had to console a number of people recently that those are only paper losses.

Cheers

DoS attack on MyGov ... yeah right! DoS attack is people trying to logon an overloaded POS system.

9 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

DoS attack on MyGov ... yeah right! DoS attack is people trying to logon an overloaded POS system.

That thing gets a "DoS attack" about once a fortnight when Centrelink manages to mess up enough payments and people logon to find they were not paid.

It really is an absolute piece of rubbish that needs a complete re-development but it wont get it, just extra coats of paint.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, chrisg said:

That thing gets a "DoS attack" about once a fortnight when Centrelink manages to mess up enough payments and people logon to find they were not paid.

It really is an absolute piece of rubbish that needs a complete re-development but it wont get it, just extra coats of paint.

Cheers

6,000 to 5,500 people trying to log on is pretty a DDoS on that system

Just now, Jeruselem said:

6,000 to 5,500 people trying to log on is pretty a DDoS on that system

Yeah,

I've no idea who "designed" it but they need to get into another line of work...

Cheers

19 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Yeah,

I've no idea who "designed" it but they need to get into another line of work...

Cheers

There's like 24.6 million in Australia, and the stupid government portal crashes with a load of 55,000. Unacceptable.

Now people need money and they are forced to use it (yes forced).

• Like 1