Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

Yeah... I was offered a 1 & 2 but took the usual 2 & 3 side/top.

For some reason makes SFA difference, I need another one 4 weeks after regardless of initial length.

If it comes to the worst I've got clippers here.

Bad hair days don't matter much anyway if you're not going anywhere.

Forgot to mention - a grog shop had a security guard hovering just outside (inside a suburban mall).

Maybe to stop the kiddies... or maybe to cater for the ones who've decided to go 24/7 pissed and get stroppy when refused service.

53 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Yeah... I was offered a 1 & 2 but took the usual 2 & 3 side/top.

For some reason makes SFA difference, I need another one 4 weeks after regardless of initial length.

If it comes to the worst I've got clippers here.

Bad hair days don't matter much anyway if you're not going anywhere.

i started doing my own hair at least a year ago - clippers when it's too unrly

after years of doing a beard, it's hardly a task, especially as i have less hair by the month in terms of coverage

most important bit is having a spouse or offspring assess the back bits for untrimmed fluffies

• Like 1

🙂

Used to cut my own way back, 70s, mainly because no one wanted to listen how I wanted it, which was I admit a little shaggy  🙂

Nowadays a nice Italian guy cuts it for me maybe 4 times a year, I let it grow out until it annoys me or my sis chides me 🙂

Once every 4 weeks I could never come at though, even though there is way less than there used to be 🙂

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I  am curious to see how we fare up here, as I don't expect any lessening of procedures for us. 

I have quite wavy hair and can cut my own due to wave -curls hiding my amateur status pretty well. I get vague when people ask who does my hair. Walt does his own too. We've become quite proficient and have probably saved a few thousand , combined, in the years we've cut our own. Neither of us care to deal with the smells associated with salons. Even though there are now a few bods in the area giving very reasonable rates ie: I heard of one lady charging $20.00 for a cut . That's an incredibly great price and I think she's really busy because of it 😉

Also, I bet all the groceries are not wiped clean when stacked on the shelves each night. There's just some tasks that can't be strictly monitored at all times so , yeah * shrugs * it's not even the toss of the coin, as to who survives unscathed , it'll be just dumb sweet luck

Edited by eveln

lets check the leaderboard:

China     81,454

Italy       59,138

USA       35,224

the question is, how many days will it take until the USA overtakes them both?

5 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

China     81,454

Italy       59,138

USA       35,224

Is that the dead or the infected ? Cos I woulda thought China would be quite a deal more than that confirmed with coronavirus

5 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

Okay the Aus Site as of 3pm says we have ..." As at 3pm on 23 March 2020, there have been 1,709 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 313 new cases since 3pm yesterday.  " ... so that squares pretty closely with Aus .stats

8 hours ago, @~thehung said:

China     81,454

Italy       59,138

USA       35,224

81,496 China
63,927 Italy
41,708 US
33,089 Spain

just look at that rate of increase in cases for the USA.  thats almost a 20% increase in a matter of hours.

currently Italy's rate of confirmed deaths is doubling every 5 days.  for the US and Spain its every 3 days.

I've had a few days of work in self-isolation due to a cold/fever

Not coronavirus, and couldn't get tested for it anyway. I just had to jump through a few hoops to see a GP about a medical certificate for work.

Still have a lingering cough today back at work, but I think I can manage it.

Spent way too much time watching the news over the past few days.

i work in schools, which apparently, is the safest place to be in a global pandemic according to ScoMo.

I need to go shopping this afternoon, and I don't like my chances of being able to get my regular stuff (bread/milk/eggs etc)

That's very interesting, I had been wondering, as a non-medical type, just how these very old anti-malarial drugs could deal with a virus when malaria is parasitic based.

It most certainly is effective against malaria, I was always pretty dosed up on it before during and after entering malaria endemic areas in Africa and never have had malaria. I don't recall ever reading that the drugs inhibited sleeping sickness via Tsetse fly bites but I've had a couple of those in the same areas and never affected. Sleeping sickness is a bit of a lottery, most bites do not cause infection but you do go hypochondriac if you swat one too late 🙂

It does make you wonder though if the effect is positive why it is not being prescribed more especially in serious cases of CV. I would have thought that even now these drugs would be readily available.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/brewers-warn-beer-supply-could-dry-up-coronavirus-shutdowns/12081976?section=business

If we run out of ... beer, Australians are going be really a little more than pissed off.

Home brew ftw  maybe 

Bottle shops are considered essential, so I reckon somehow breweries will be under the same ' umbrella'

More Karma!

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/senator-rand-paul-under-fire-for-lack-of-self-isolation-while-awaiting-covid-19-results

Paul, who voted against two emergency coronavirus spending bills this month, said in a Monday statement that he didn’t suspect he had the virus and was not showing symptoms when he was tested on March 16. He said he got tested as a precaution after traveling “extensively in the U.S.” and because he had part of one lung removed last year in surgery after he was attacked by a neighbor.

Paywall... to beat it, clear cookies & site data (usually the icon first to the left of the URL in Firefox)

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

https://www.innovationaus.com/mygov-failure-as-industry-is-briefed/

MYGOV ... normal system load is 6500, peak load handling was 55000. It crashed when 95000 users hit it.

Gezzus Christ - if a site of national significance cannot handle at least 250,000 concurrent connections it should not be up - 750,000 for some headroom - a lot of people are slow to logout.

It really is not THAT hard, a mix of decent HTML code monkeys and some industrial strength network design, in particular load balancing - what a crock of shit...

Cheers

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Paywall... to beat it, clear cookies & site data (usually the icon first to the left of the URL in Firefox)

to destroy the wall , go to settings > privacy and security > cookies and site data > manage permissions

in the exceptions list https://www.smh.com.au  and set status to block

better than a subscription, although it appears they don't let you comment after you "disappear"

this and adblock plus = only just bearable site, as the quality of content after the channel 9 takeover makes it such that i am not prepared to buy their content, but i will sift it