Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Happens in the USA, without a pandemic.

NT not enforcing the 2 person limit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-30/northern-territory-coronavirus-nurses-want-tighter-rules/12101686

Mainly because we don't have a lot of police anyway!

🙂  Unless things have changed you sort of do, the Feds are your main force backed up by Military Police but neither outfit probably wants to around enforcing social distancing.

Cheers

At least in India, the police are using big sticks to enforce curfews.

21 hours ago, chrisg said:

What it does look like at the moment is that China is busier than a cat covering shit to put the origin in the past and look good shipping tonnes of supplies into afflicted areas. The evidence is pretty solid that it began in China, the dispute is if in a lab or a market. With bio-lab research in China concentrated on Wuhan and how close to the scapegoat market the lab is and their demonstrated lack of secure procedures there has to be consideration given to it having originated in the lab, not in the market although undoubtedly the market could have been an early vector.

Cheers

So you blame America for Swine Flu then?  I presume they engineered that as well?

Have to say it's one enormous coincidence - how many bio research labs in China?  I doubt not enough to be able to call it an odds on chance.

17 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Have to say it's one enormous coincidence - how many bio research labs in China?  I doubt not enough to be able to call it an odds on chance.

There's more than one ... but only one level 4 lab, the Wuhan one next to the live animal markets.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rybags said:

To quote Sir Terry Pratchett - "milion-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten."

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

There's more than one ... but only one level 4 lab, the Wuhan one next to the live animal markets.

Just like in Spider Man!

1 hour ago, Chaos.Lady said:

So you blame America for Swine Flu then?  I presume they engineered that as well?

I'm not suggesting anyone engineered anything, most likely an accidental release although the evidence with Swine Flu is as conclusive that it began in the U.S. as it is that CoVid began in China.

We live on an increasingly congested planet and some of the population areas are becoming very congested which allows new viruses once introduced whether by accident or design to spread very quickly.

I do think China was probably being very laisse faire in having its Level 4 lab in such a high population area but Atlanta is not exactly remote either.Within the constraints of a small island England is more sensible in having Porton Down somewhat secluded. It used to be more so but Salisbury has grown. I'm not aware that Australia has any exact equivalent to those facilities, most of our research seems to be at University level.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Just cos Terry Pratchett says something, doesn't automatically make it true .lol ... but that's just the way some people roll with fiction

Edited by eveln

Tightening up down here in Tassie.

GATHERINGS of more than two people have been banned from midnight on Monday night and Tasmanians have been ordered to stay at home for the next four weeks or face arrest and heavy fines.

The new rules were intended to avoid a “full lockdown” due to the coronavirus, Premier Peter Gutwein said.

The only exceptions will be for people going out to buy essential supplies, going to school or work, or to exercise or check on neighbours or elderly relatives or members of the same household.

https://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/daily-blog-for-monday-march-30-2020-latest-rolling-updates-on-the-coronavirus-pandemic/news-story/4cbba1ff2eb71d464d6da20e5fe8ea69

6 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Anyone installed the Australian government spyware ... sorry Australian Government Coronavirus app?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/coronavirus-app-australia-2020-3

Following the above 'theory' ... the latest Gov. handout to small business sounds great. they'll give the small business owner money so's he/she can pay  staff to keep them, but only if he/she can prove that  March figures are 30% less than 2019... fair enough perhaps, but what it actually means is that small businesses ( who are the ones to go broke first ) must open their books to the Gov. I wonder how many small businesses will want to do that

1 minute ago, eveln said:

Following the above 'theory' ... the latest Gov. handout to small business sounds great. they'll give the small business owner money so's he/she can pay  staff to keep them, but only if he/she can prove that  March figures are 30% less than 2019... fair enough perhaps, but what it actually means is that small businesses ( who are the ones to go broke first ) must open their books to the Gov. I wonder how many small businesses will want to do that

We do it every 3 months

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

We do it every 3 months

you can tell I'm not a small business owner ... that means that I should go comfortably forward during this utter crap fest that is forced upon us... here's hoping 🙂

but there's a delay of two months before you get it ...

" The payments will be effective from 30 March 2020 however the ATO will not be providing payments back to the employer until the first week of May 2020. So businesses will need to fund the scheme from their own cash reserves for the month of April. "

Edited by eveln
c/o my newsport site

9 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

We do it every 3 months

Yep quarterly Business Activity Statements.

7 minutes ago, eveln said:

but there's a delay of two months before you get it

Damn that sucks, but thankfully I don't have any employees being a sole operator.

15 minutes ago, eveln said:

you can tell I'm not a small business owner ... that means that I should go comfortably forward during this utter crap fest that is forced upon us... here's hoping 🙂

but there's a delay of two months before you get it ...

" The payments will be effective from 30 March 2020 however the ATO will not be providing payments back to the employer until the first week of May 2020. So businesses will need to fund the scheme from their own cash reserves for the month of April. "

So they if you go broke before then they don't have to pay you. How convenient.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, chrisg said:

I'm not suggesting anyone engineered anything, most likely an accidental release although the evidence with Swine Flu is as conclusive that it began in the U.S. as it is that CoVid began in China.

We live on an increasingly congested planet and some of the population areas are becoming very congested which allows new viruses once introduced whether by accident or design to spread very quickly.

I do think China was probably being very laisse faire in having its Level 4 lab in such a high population area but Atlanta is not exactly remote either.Within the constraints of a small island England is more sensible in having Porton Down somewhat secluded. It used to be more so but Salisbury has grown. I'm not aware that Australia has any exact equivalent to those facilities, most of our research seems to be at University level.

Cheers

Oh I dunno..

3zzaUoV.jpg

Edited by Outcast_Aussie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

thanks for the early morning giggle Outcast_Aussie. not a common occurrence these days

Sweden has a listed population for 2020 at 10.3 million. So far it has a figure of Sweden has 3,700 confirmed cases of coronavirus and has recorded 110 deaths, the latest data from the Public Health Agency shows.

They've chosen a less extreme approach making the people responsible for their healthy regimes more than restrictions. Sure there's the talk of self isolating,  hygiene procedures and there is a limit of fifty at gatherings.

And restaurants / bars etc. have been told to do table service only. Sure their 'rules' could change ... but so far they seem to be using a scale of natural selection along with the country's desire to survive economically  ... people will die regardless I guess ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/sweden-coronavirus-approach-is-very-different-from-the-rest-of-europe.html

13 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

and now for a little sanity :

[video]

well that was informative (at least the parts that didnt go over my head)

i almost missed it though because i thought the "sanity" on offer was Star Trek themed comic relief