Jump to content
Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

 

well that was informative (at least the parts that didnt go over my head)

 

i almost missed it though because i thought the "sanity" on offer was Star Trek themed comic relief

 

and arnie with the multi barrel toilet roll weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙂

 

Those magnets are damned strong...

 

To look on the bright side the USN has two carriers in the Pacific fleet with Covid on board leading to quarantine of sailors and the Russians have two missile subs quarantined in port with similar concerns. The Danish navy has also had to quarantine a sub.

 

Keep this up and we could have disarmament by virus...

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smh is on fire with distracting humour

 

 

in letters :

Personal prognosis

 

In the absence of government information on the modelling it relies on to make its coronavirus decisions, people will revert to a time-honoured way of assessing risk: how shocking the news is, multiplied by how they predict it will affect them personally. The formula used by epidemiologists to express this is WTF x OMG.

 

 

and

 

00010500829f5b7041da5d58baf0764aefb3bdb7

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and these :

 

Russell Hannah should not encourage the use of condoms on doorknobs (Letters, March 30). We need them to stop hoarders from reproducing. - Barry Spooner, Kiama

 

Great idea, Russell Hannah. The only problem is they are made for single purpose use so you may need to replace them every time you come and go. - John Swanton, Coogee

 

Condoms on doorknobs? Entry and exit could become a slippery issue. - John Kingsmill, Fairlight

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

GOOD NEWS

Private health insurance increases will be delayed for 6 months, so you're paying the same as last year now (for 6 months). Yes you still have to pay the parasites.

The main driver is elective surgery is cancelled and well other stuff cancelled due to the lockdown so there's no incentive actually keep it.

 

https://www.finder.com.au/health-funds-freeze-prices-coronavirus

Edited by Jeruselem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

GOOD NEWS

Private health insurance increases will be delayed for 6 months, so you're paying the same as last year now (for 6 months). Yes you still have to pay the parasites.

The main driver is elective surgery is cancelled and well other stuff cancelled due to the lockdown so there's no incentive actually keep it.

 

https://www.finder.com.au/health-funds-freeze-prices-coronavirus

 

Only ever bothered with extras, between glasses and a few ambo trips a couple of years ago I think I'm about even.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chrisg said:

 

Only ever bothered with extras, between glasses and a few ambo trips a couple of years ago I think I'm about even.

 

Cheers

 

I'm overdue for another eye test but I can wait until things settle down. I actually only keep it to keep my medicare levy down LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

 

I'm overdue for another eye test but I can wait until things settle down. I actually only keep it to keep my medicare levy down LOL

 

🙂

 

I think that was why I originally took it out.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

GOOD NEWS

Private health insurance increases will be delayed for 6 months, so you're paying the same as last year now (for 6 months). Yes you still have to pay the parasites.

The main driver is elective surgery is cancelled and well other stuff cancelled due to the lockdown so there's no incentive actually keep it.

 

https://www.finder.com.au/health-funds-freeze-prices-coronavirus

 

I've had private health insurance for 25 years, and other than glasses and dental, never used it until the day before elective surgery got cancelled 🙂

Urgent arthroscopy last Friday after injuring my knee Thursday night. Called at 8:30am, appointement with sports doctor at 10am, immediately led to X-ray at 10:30am, back to doctor at 10:45, across to hospital and Orthapedic Surgeon at 10:50, Anesthetist at 11am , Rolled into Operating theatre at 11:30am, - woke up recovery at 13:05, listening to many of the hospital staff running around packing stuff up and talking about how they were being stood down after 5pm - which was about when I walked out of the place.

 

Huge respect for people working so efficiently under stressful conditions, and many of them about to be out of work at the end of their shift.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee stadl, going to make a full recovery ?  What did you do, a cartilage ?

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Gee stadl, going to make a full recovery ?  What did you do, a cartilage ?

 

Cheers

Yeah, all will be fine in a few months. Torn meniscus that locked the knee bent at about 90 degrees.

Surgeon reckons my knee is in great condition and will make full recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stadl said:

Yeah, all will be fine in a few months. Torn meniscus that locked the knee bent at about 90 degrees.

Surgeon reckons my knee is in great condition and will make full recovery.

 

That's good to hear - you never realise how useful your knees are until you bugger one up 🙂

 

I've mentioned elsewhere my younger brother has pretty much worn his knees out, will have to wait now for elective surgery to be reinstated but he needs replacements.

 

Shame about this social isolation stuff or I'd buy you a beer, will catch up when it passes. 😉

 

Cheers

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NSW has now confirmed 2000 cases... as of 2019 it's population was said to be about 8 million ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eveln said:

NSW has now confirmed 2000 cases... as of 2019 it's population was said to be about 8 million ...

 

the cases not identified probably exceed those tested by a factor of 50 - 100

 

so, 10,000 - 20,000 cases are a reasonable guesstimate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before working today did a little bit of shopping at 3 locations then revisited a local for the cold goods just before home.

In defiance of good advice - just about 2 out of 3 people out and about are over fucking 70!

These are the morons who'll be clogging up the hospital system in 3 or 4 weeks from now.  Some will die, some will cause others to die either from taking a bed or passing the virus onto others.

And a good number of them were the hands behind the back brigade, you know, the ones who are out at the shopping centre for no good reason at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Before working today did a little bit of shopping at 3 locations then revisited a local for the cold goods just before home.

In defiance of good advice - just about 2 out of 3 people out and about are over fucking 70!

These are the morons who'll be clogging up the hospital system in 3 or 4 weeks from now.  Some will die, some will cause others to die either from taking a bed or passing the virus onto others.

And a good number of them were the hands behind the back brigade, you know, the ones who are out at the shopping centre for no good reason at all.

 

Actual conversation with my (over 70 and with chronic health issues) mother yesterday...

 

"How long will I be kept in jail?"

"You can't go out mum.  You can go for a walk around the park but you have to stay away from everyone.  You can't go to the shops."

"But I need some cat food"

"I'll pick it up for you."

"It can't be as bad as all that. It's just all being blown out of proportion."

"No mum.  If you go out you could catch it and die.  That's what is true."

"But how long is this for?"

"They are saying at this stage they won't change restrictions for a month at the very very earliest".

"Oh that's just stupid.  I'm won't stay in here for a month."

"Yes.  You will.  Deal with it.  And probably longer."

"Oh".

 

It's ignorance and change of routine for oldies.  They lose so much independence as it is, they fight tooth and nail for what little they have left.  And they have a healthy disbelief of the media.

 

I get it.  I really do.   Perhaps we really need to remind ourselves that for many older people, the isolation that we are currently going nuts over is just normal life for them.  So many older people are socially isolated and trapped at home just because of their age and incapacities.

 

Maybe the good coming out of this is more empathy for them because we ALL now have walked a mile (from the lounge room to the kitchen) in their slippers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose technically I'm at or close to being in the definition of an oldie but I plain and simply do not think that way. However a few months living with my mother  has me completely understanding how they do think.

 

I don't really mind a bit of staying in doors but then again I've worked from home for years, but I saw exactly the same thing as Ry today when I ventured out for all the shopping I need for a few days, even the chatty Coles check-out girl remarked about it.

 

Sadly the oldies are a part of what is not getting it, there is a bit at the other end of the age spectrum as well with the youth who think themselves invulnerable.

 

However overall and within the limits of our society, which is very different to that of China, or even Italy, I do think we are doing ok thus far, just need to keep it up.

 

By the way, where the hell do people buy masks anyway ? I have not seen them at Coles and in fact the only people I have thus far seen wearing them were Asians. It was much the same during SARS if I recall, they seem to be more of a stock item for Asians than for most others - different mores I suppose.

 

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chrisg said:

 

By the way, where the hell do people buy masks anyway ? I have not seen them at Coles and in fact the only people I have thus far seen wearing them were Asians. It was much the same during SARS if I recall, they seem to be more of a stock item for Asians than for most others - different mores I suppose.

 

Cheers

 

 

 

I've ordered some from Amazon.com.au.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chrisg said:

By the way, where the hell do people buy masks anyway?

 

which kind?  either way, the answer right now is: nowhere lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

 

which kind?  either way, the answer right now is: nowhere lol

 

 

🙂

 

That's what I thought, local pharmacy certainly doesn't have any.

 

I wasn't particularly looking any way, if I ever need some my bro has oodles being a painter and decorator.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×