Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

11 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

when the shit hits the fan, paper won't cut it

Maybe they are making face masks with all this dunny paper?

Wrapping themselves up like mummies?

9 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Here we go, nursing home employee gets virus from somewhere and well ... goes to work. This person didn't go overseas.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-nsw-confirmed-cases-rises-to-15/f2843565-15f1-4fbb-8676-6fb008e3f639

Eastwood.

41 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Maybe they are making face masks with all this dunny paper?

Wrapping themselves up like mummies?

25501880-8071359-image-a-12_158327520195

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

23 Iranian MPs have COVID-19 ... Allah loves Iran (they should stop licking shrine walls please)

Allah will protect them or they will live in the after life with how ever many virgins ( all probably contaminated so no probs )

edit: re the nursing home biz ...  of course that was inevitable.

Edited by eveln

Posted (edited)

fdotm has it noted:

SnipImage.JPG.f8ac75c39b4cbe46541a590f52f133be.JPG

sorry the image is so small.... 30kb upload limit wtf

Edited by scruffy1

That's one of the big flaws with prepping.....................the bastards would never tell us if the end was nigh.

So, here's my tip.................if you suddenly lose all communications and the WWB goes down as well.............either hide in a bunker or kiss your arse goodbye.

42 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

...and the WWB goes down...

The whatnow?

• Haha 1

Norfolk Island is already out of stocks groceries and agri needs also

Dentists are running out of hygiene masks too

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-05/coronavirus-covid-19-gps-cant-get-face-masks/12023752

Desperate GPs say they are resorting to shopping at Bunnings to buy face masks to guard against coronavirus because too few government supplies are getting to clinics and traditional stockists have sold out.

Doctors are also relying on Twitter and Facebook to stay informed about the outbreak because, they say, official government communication is inconsistent and unclear.

And Greg Cunt says we are ready ...

25 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-chinese-scientists-identify-two-types-covid-19.html?__source=Facebook

COVID-19 has already mutated, the good news the new mutation is less aggressive. The original Wuhan strain was more aggressive.

That's interesting, also follows the typical path of a virus accommodating to its new hosts. However the number of new deaths being reported suggests it is not yet anywhere near benign.

China has it seems contained the outbreak at least to some degree but has used draconian methods that simply may not wash in other parts of the world, for example Italy.

The release of the next Bond film has just been put back to November at least in part because China, a massive market for movies, has closed its theaters, all 70,000 of them.

Possibly the scariest new outbreaks are occurring in the U.S. scary mainly because the U.S. is an extremely mobile society so people could easily unwittingly be spreading the virus far and wide.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Great NSW tourist with virus visited the local Woolies I go to.

* PANICS *

* buys lots of loo paper *

😱

Edited by Jeruselem

Sorry, your bog roll is now contaminated with Coronavirus

• Like 1

IT'S CORONA TIME.

It's Corona time right now.

Image result for corona

My Woolies still has some TP, thank fuck...

What's the origin of the "stockpile TP" meme? I never heard advice through the radio to do so... one of those Facebook Mum things perhaps?

The good news is 60% of our TP is made in Australia, we import 40% from Kung Flu country.

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

The good news is 60% of our TP is made in Australia, we import 40% from Kung Flu country.

Wish all these sheeple would realise this!  Our local stores are pretty much out of toilet paper, paper towel, tissue, wet wipes etc.  Luckily I have a reasonable supply at home and don't NEED to buy any more just yet.... oh and all the local chemists are our of Purell lol. Fucking ridiculous!

Morons and their anti-splash panic buying.

Went to one Woolies, nothing.  The other was just being restocked and I paid $3.70 for a 4-pack of those extra long rolls.

And only did so because I was down to my last 3 rolls + the one on the holder.

A mate of mine went to Woolies in Ashfield....................which has hardly any Chinese residents.........<cough>................they had them piled up at the doors and two security guards on duty!

WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND are those professing complete bewilderment at the motivation to stock pile extra paper in the first place. 

putting aside the self-sustaining feedback cycle of panic that is now in progress — why did the shortages start?

um...because people are quite rationally thinking about minimising or eliminating their trips to public places for an extended period, or at least having the option to do so, on short notice, in the near future.

you may have to deal with a crowded workplace, or a crowded commute.  but maybe not, and even then theres every chance the degree of close contact with the general public that you cant avoid is, or can be, somewhat constrained.  in the mean time, it might be a good idea to minimise trips to stores — closed spaces typically containing whole families sauntering around touching everything and flinging their mucus and sputum onto every available surface, including items you may wish to purchase.

whats responsible for the greatest frequency of shop visits?  probably milk and bread.   you can choose long life milk, you can freeze bread, or you can just forego these and many other items in pinch.  with some sensible 'bunker food' choices its trivially easy to have enough food on hand for many months.  a lot of people probably already have many weeks of food stored by default of their ordinary habits at any given time.  and if they supplement what they have, en masse, they will make varied choices.

...but what they don't normally have to hand, however, is many weeks worth of shit paper.  so there it is.  "mystery" solved.

I actually do normally stockpile 20+

The motivation there being you buy the 8-16 ,multiply packs when they're at a good price.

But when it does happen to get low I don't worry too much.

As for avoiding public places and such - you're probably more likely to pick up something in an aircon'd office work environment.  I used to work in sick buildings and a flu every few months was par for the course.

Now we got people fighting over TP and supermarkets putting guards in the TP section.