Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
chrisg

The coronavirus conspiracy

It wasn't a case of us being ready or not.  Fact of the matter is she's a fuckwit.  Unionist ladder-climber, just like Shorten.  In it for themselves and not others.

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

It wasn't a case of us being ready or not.  Fact of the matter is she's a fuckwit.  Unionist ladder-climber, just like Shorten.  In it for themselves and not others.

So umm, not a fan, hey ? 😛

What I detested is she got the job with the help of the slimey toad that is forever known as Shorten ... Really though why should she have been holier than thow just cos she was a woman - I always thought she shoulda bin ! - so in that regard she played as filthily as the men do ...

• Like 1

And that mysogony speech.  Bunch of shit.  Pulling the victim card any time a male had the temerity to criticise her.  Self appointed grandiose cow.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rybags said:

And that mysogony speech.  Bunch of shit.  Pulling the victim card any time a male had the temerity to criticise her.  Self appointed grandiose cow.

Classic case of.................'Look over there!'

47 minutes ago, eveln said:

So umm, not a fan, hey ? 😛

What I detested is she got the job with the help of the slimey toad that is forever known as Shorten ... Really though why should she have been holier than thow just cos she was a woman - I always thought she shoulda bin ! - so in that regard she played as filthily as the men do ...

Shorten the Grub is still there in waiting.............just like Turnbull did after he said he was taking his bat and going home after he was turfed the first time...............

Germany had a very difficult situation born purely of geography and the EU open borders but they have done very well at keeping the death -rate low.

It probably is not very fair to use hindsight in the case of Australia, we listened pretty closely to the WHO and reacted in step with their recommendations. Regardless Australia is an outlier, the comparisons the article is making, whist not stated, are more to the U.S, U.K. and unfortunately France who had similar problems to Germany.

South Korea I do believe you can treat their numbers as being accurate, a niece of mine is South Korean and a nurse, very much closely watching because her elderly family are in Usan.

They also had the advantage of prior engagement with SARS.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Cyclone Mangga is about to cause havoc on WA coast but people have are ready I guess because ... they hoarded stuff due to coronavirus LOL

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 2

Printer won't go......................CUNT!!!

I'm going to bed.

Cyclone's name sounds like a brand of board shorts.

Printers - cunts for sure.  I like lasers though.  Fucking inkjets should be made illegal.  Bring back the dot matrix!

• Like 1

🙂

I stopped buying lasers for my own use, not enough demand, inkjets suit me fine and Ubuntu just finds whatever I plug in. Win10...where's the fucking driver !!?!!

W>A. will be fine, they are very used to cyclones on the North-West shelf, might have to send some guys up to put up those radio masts again though...

Cheers

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Bring back the dot matrix!

Best soundtrack for masturbation ever

• Haha 1

Win10 isn't too bad with supplying built in drivers for printers but then you miss out on the utilities and stuff like ink/toner levels, so have to download them anyway.

The thing that shits me though is the bloatware nature of the things plus the fact some installs take the best part of 30 minutes.

• Like 1

🙂

Yeah, from he who grossly underestimated most every parameter in computing - when Gates gets it wrong he REALLY  gets it wrong 🙂

I've not had to do a fresh install of Win10 in over a year but cleaning out the bloat usually takes as long if not longer than the install, then I typically put Classic shell on because users in the main are not mad about the interface, all takes time.

'Nix of whatever distro I sort of chuck the install at it and all done - they day of desktop 'Nix is taking a crazily long time to arrive but it really is just good stuff.

Cheers

6 hours ago, chrisg said:

I never really understood what the hell she was trying to achieve but whatever it was she failed.

I can't say I'm any huge fan of Morrison but I shudder to think what state the country could have been in under Labor when CV hit.

I can however easily imagine Shorten vacillating and hesitating until it was too late.

Ah yes - Gillard stood for nothing, and achieved nothing, unlike... Abbott, Turnbull, and Morrison.
I remember when everyone was pretty incredulous at the current Govt/PM's response to the fires and the start of the viral outbreak, and longing for the days when Shorten had at least the good sense to say we needed to invest more into Health, rather than cutting it.

Guess the world ended long enough ago that we have some rose tinted glasses doing the rounds.

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

Do you feel that way about the exact same kind of political game players on the other side of politics?

4 hours ago, Rybags said:

One of the things I've always felt disappointed by, given your technical knowledge and willingness to help with obscure problems on here, is your attitude towards women as-a-whole - so I can't say this response surprises me at all.

2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Printer won't go......................CUNT!!!

I'm going to bed.

Stop printing viruses, then - unless you got the wrong thread 😛

Really.  Just because I can't stand that particular woman, and have said similar things about Clinton you take that as a blanket opinion.

Funny how the left accuse those opposite of prejudice but carry on in that exact same way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Really.  Just because I can't stand that particular woman, and have said similar things about Clinton you take that as a blanket opinion.

Funny how the left accuse those opposite of prejudice but carry on in that exact same way.

Funny how it's always 'the left', and 'PC gone mad!', and has nothing to do with the language you use 🤷‍♀️

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Nich... said:
5 hours ago, Rybags said:

One of the things I've always felt disappointed by, given your technical knowledge and willingness to help with obscure problems on here, is your attitude towards women as-a-whole - so I can't say this response surprises me at all.

No. I think you are blinkered here Nich. At first I  pumped my fist ( rhetorically ) when she made that speech ... but then i just thought what a waste of Parliament time it really was.

She played by the dirty rules of old to get the job, and then she wants to play the victim to gain the sympathy support. Sure she can try whatever trick she wants but we don't all have to fall for it. I thought it was a coward move tbh .

... meanwhile Shorten is back stage gleefully rubbing his hands together ...

also I'm a woman and Rybags has always treated me fairly ... so there

Edited by eveln

It was just a big victim sob.  And the rest of the world reacted positively towards her without any knowledge of the background of the situation.

Situation being that she was incompetent and taken to task for it, but her sense of entitlement meant she should be beyond reproach.

• Like 1

I think you'll (both) find that a speech can be taken in a different context to what it was given in. 

Whatever your views on Gillard or why she gave the speech, that doesn't negate a lot of people taking the speech on its own merits, and not tied to the bullshit of the political process. 

I mean, it's also federal politics - if you're in that game at that level, and everything you do and say isn't calculated based on how it will advantage you, then you're in the wrong game and are bad at it.  But that applies to everyone in it.  So you might look down on Gillard for trying to 'play the victim', but I think it's worse that Abbott and others are happy to also play that game and say awful things about women because they know it'll get them a very specific set of votes.  Alan Jones may've finally been kicked out for all the shit he said over the years, but there's plenty of others who will say the same things and take money for it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nich... said:

I think you'll (both) find that a speech can be taken in a different context to what it was given in. 

Sure it can .  Doesn't make my opinion any less valid than your opinion of it though does it.

Whatever your views on Gillard or why she gave the speech, that doesn't negate a lot of people taking the speech on its own merits, and not tied to the bullshit of the political process. 

You know, if she'd made that speech, then gone on as PM to complete the rest of her term and be elected in again by the people, that would really meant that speech did some real good, here in Aus. Yeah great publicity for her around the world.

Thing is she willingly went into the arena of " the bullshit political process " and used the processes of past tried devious methods to gain her position ... in which she could valiantly proclaim that speech. And that's why I called it a cowards move. Or rather the last ditch stand of someone who knew that their time as PM was nearly done ... Julia is a human first, a politician second, and a woman third. That's ( imo ) the way she rolls. All you ( universal ) feminists out there see is a woman trying to break a glass ceiling.

I bet Julia didn't think that. I bet she just wanted the job over Kevin cos she figured she could do it better. She won continued employment with that speech, it has kept her on a good wicket to this day. In that sense it was a good move for her future. All it did for us politically was ?

I mean, it's also federal politics - if you're in that game at that level, and everything you do and say isn't calculated based on how it will advantage you, then you're in the wrong game and are bad at it.  But that applies to everyone in it.  So you might look down on Gillard for trying to 'play the victim', but I think it's worse that Abbott and others are happy to also play that game and say awful things about women because they know it'll get them a very specific set of votes.  Alan Jones may've finally been kicked out for all the shit he said over the years, but there's plenty of others who will say the same things and take money for it.

The " victim card " was likely the main angle, but also she's trying to put all those, in Parliament that criticised her appearance and voice, down for their narrow and bigoted behaviour. - in this forum I've had a bit to say about people crueling on her for that -

Thing is she was quite prepared to use those narrow bigoted people to her favour when it suited, so um yeah ...

If she had come to the position of PM minus the help of the slimy toad known as Shorten, and without obviously knifing poor wee Kev in the back I would be hailing her for the speech, and be hailing her still. Right now, I give her credit for getting to the job of PM and making a pretty good go if it. I don't think she needed to make that speech, it would have been better all round if she fought the political battle of old and survived it. Maggie and Julie B never saw the need to play that soooo obvious a card now did they. Maggie had a really really shite time in British history to get through, and she did what she thought was right without ever playing the victim card. Julie B is a pretty successful slime too, just while we're here ... very glad she did not get the vote for Malcy's job tbh.

I really really wanted Julia to be voted in by the people ... and that could have happened if she'd waited and not listened to Shorten . in my most humble of opinions.

edit: yes I know the Party chooses it's leader  ... but we choose the party with that very much in mind, too also as well

Edited by eveln

11 hours ago, Nich... said:

I don't think they were after the muslim vote.

interesting fact ... even though Julia didn't agree with ss marriage she helped with the initiation of a conscience vote  through a private member's bill ultimately it was voted down by the HOR.

I thought Gillard did a pretty good job given the circumstances. Most of the Labor people saw him as an out of control dictator who would turn on dime due to polling. So why not her? She managed to deal with the minority government situation without the whole thing grinding to a halt. Given the way government has been going since before her leadership, she hardly the worst of what has come out of it. That isn't necessarily saying a lot but I always felt she copped a lot bigger share of the hate than she really deserved. 

5 hours ago, eveln said:

Sure it can .  Doesn't make my opinion any less valid than your opinion of it though does it.

It's always great when you get these little jabs in.  As if the same doesn't apply to you , and we're not all just pissing in the wind.

5 hours ago, eveln said:

If she had come to the position of PM minus the help of the slimy toad known as Shorten, and without obviously knifing poor wee Kev in the back I would be hailing her for the speech, and be hailing her still. Right now, I give her credit for getting to the job of PM and making a pretty good go if it. I don't think she needed to make that speech, it would have been better all round if she fought the political battle of old and survived it. Maggie and Julie B never saw the need to play that soooo obvious a card now did they. Maggie had a really really shite time in British history to get through, and she did what she thought was right without ever playing the victim card. Julie B is a pretty successful slime too, just while we're here ... very glad she did not get the vote for Malcy's job tbh.

Bishop made a big song and dance about not identifying as a feminist and not seeing any problems with the behaviour of her colleagues (and crossbenchers) while she was in power.  She changed her tune a bit when she left, tho'.  It's almost as if... that's what she had to do to survive in that kind of environment.

She never became PM tho' so it doesn't really matter, I guess.

5 hours ago, eveln said:

I really really wanted Julia to be voted in by the people ... and that could have happened if she'd waited and not listened to Shorten . in my most humble of opinions.

She was voted in by the people.  That'd be her term as PM of a minority Government.  The one that came about from the 2010 election