Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SacrificialNewt

Peter Dutton

Posted (edited)

I don't think there's a chance in hell that COVID-19 isn't all over the country now. Few will be tested. It will be massively under-reported. However, I'm glad to know that Dutton was tested and reported on. Imagine how many people he's given it to already,  some of which are likely to have been transient in Australia and taken it elsewhere.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/peter-dutton-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/12055104

Edited by SacrificialNewt

The tip of the iceberg probably. Pollies by their nature press the flesh, good way to get infected.

I'm not going to be at all surprised to see a lot of politicians all over the world getting infected, Trump looks like a likely candidate.

Cheers

I bet $1000 he doesn't die.

They should just ban everyone over 70 from going out and let everyone get it and get over it as quick as possible instead of stretching it out.

Waiting for info from WHO is like waiting for Goto!

Like everything else that is UN related............fucken useless.

Heh,

Pre-Trump CDC was the gold standard, not any more, funding was cut big time.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

They should just ban everyone over 70 from going out and let everyone get it and get over it as quick as possible instead of stretching it out.

That's what I said to my wife today... Mass population immunity in no time. 

• Like 1

Dutton's been every where man ! In the last few weeks he's been O/S  ... god know where he picked it up ... might even have got here first and transported it ...

On another note Trudeau's wife has got it too ... Trudeau himself hadn't gone into self lockdown for some reason, but the wife apparently has.

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Dutton's been every where man ! In the last few weeks he's been O/S  ... god know where he picked it up ... might even have got here first and transported it ...

On another note Trudeau's wife has got it too ... Trudeau himself hadn't gone into self lockdown for some reason, but the wife apparently has.

trudeau was reported as self isolating at home, so your news is inaccurate

the smh was buey reporting all the upcoming events being cancelled, and i laughed when i read :

"The Festival of Dangerous Ideas has also suspended ticket sales until a decision is made about the festival's future on Monday."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

trudeau was reported as self isolating at home, so your news is inaccurate

it was two lots of news from abc. first said he was at home .then later on it said he wasn't ' at home ' yet . so who the fuck knows ?

33 minutes ago, eveln said:

it was two lots of news from abc. first said he was at home .then later on it said he wasn't ' at home ' yet . so who the fuck knows ?

neither of us i guess  🙂

🙂

I must have seen a later synopsis, Trudeau is in self isolation whist not exhibiting any symptoms.

I assume he is isolated with his wife which kind of assumes he is infected or going to be.

Cheers

4 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

I posed this idea elsewhere a week or so ago.  I think it will more or less play out that way through necessity, but we're taking the slow road towards it. How the medical system will cope is another thing. Some people will get sicker even if they're not very old or immunocompromised, and an even greater population will turn up to the GP or hospital even if they will recuperate on their own. You'd also have to ask medical staff, carers and family members to stay with the elderly or ill people to look after them for a lengthy period of time until the  virus dies down - possibly months or even a year - and  that's a big ask of anybody.

Surely it's not going to be many months or a year ... isn't China already showing that they're coming out the other side of it ?

14 minutes ago, eveln said:

Surely it's not going to be many months or a year ... isn't China already showing that they're coming out the other side of it ?

It's already been four months for China, and can you really believe that the spread is slowing down? More likely that people aren't being tested or reported as much. 

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

He'll be at the footy today spreading it around!

Indeed - Practice what you preach, Scotty. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

Indeed - Practice what you preach, Scotty. 

Dutton was in the USA and in contact with Ivanka Trump. So did Donald pass it on to Ivanka and then to Dutton from her?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/13/politics/ivanka-trump-bill-barr-australia-minister-coronavirus/index.html

Edited by Jeruselem

Dutton having it is a curious thing.  i wouldve thought the undead would get a pass.

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

He'll be at the footy today spreading it around!

nope. Coronavirus: PM Scott Morrison backflips over going to ‘beloved Sharks’ NRL game

real reason: because if he's soon proven to have had it (maybe via Dutton) then he would look quite the fool.

The problem is that if we all just accept we are going to get it and give up on isolation then by the percentages more than enough people will require hospitalisation and the health services themselves will become under-manned.

Net result systems begin to grind to a halt and starvation, which is never far away, begins to become an issue.

The approach is not to avoid the potential of eventual broad infection but to blunt its progress and spread out the passing wave of infection.

Given how infectious it is showing itself to be and the percentage of people that do fall sick enough to require hospitalisation that is a far more sensible approach than "lets get sick and get it over with."

Cheers

10 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

... and can you really believe that the spread is slowing down?

I want to. Sooo much.

I know the spread hasn't stopped. I'm just sorta hoping it doesn't jump back on itself and have another pass over the same territory

China has been honest in their reporting, unlike it seems, Iran. The numbers from China, the country with by far the most experience and the most testing, imply that the infection rate has peaked and is receding.

They have had some fresh blooms that seemed to be centered around infections coming in from overseas, notably Iran, but those have been addressed in the same manner that China has from when it first began to react.

If those numbers hold up China will be well down the curve in the next few weeks but the Chinese manner of dealing with it may not be possible, for various reasons, in most of the rest of the world, so it could take longer to peak and ebb elsewhere.

Cheers

2 hours ago, eveln said:

I want to. Sooo much.

I know the spread hasn't stopped. I'm just sorta hoping it doesn't jump back on itself and have another pass over the same territory

We'll never know because you can't get tested unless you've been overseas or in direct contact with someone who is PROVEN to have it.

That's why it is pointless now as the Government was too slow to act.

The time to act was in December/January..................it's way too late now.

Just let nature take its course.

Well, no, if I thought I had symptoms, which I don't, I could get a referral to the drive-through clinic at the Repat Hospital no problem. I discovered yesterday that I can call a Hot-line describe symptoms and my own GP can generate a referral without needing to see me, which reduces his chances of contamination, although he is resigned to thinking he will get it apparently.

I dunno Logic, hindsight can always be 20/20. Our government pushed the button much earlier than most and as a result our infection rate has been gradual and our death-rate low.

I don't believe letting nature take its course is an answer, that would lead to a sudden massive rise in infections and probable social disorder.

Abandoning large gatherings for a few weeks, self-isolating, being sensible about testing and travel and keeping hands clean is hardly a big price to pay to avoid busting our health facilities.

Remember, our health infrastructure does struggle from time to time with normal load, we do not need this to collapse it if we can avoid it.

Cheers

Governments have been busily destroying the health system via a thousand cuts just to save money.

There's a reason why we need a health system which actually exceeds normal capacity ...