Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Chaos.Lady

Banksy is the best - or - How to work from home the right way

I love this news article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-17/banksy-bathroom-art-coronavirus-lockdown-united-kingdom/12156326

1.  Banksy is the greatest artist ever.

2. Working from home is presenting some interesting challenges for everyone.  Including the partners of those working from home. 😛 

Leaving this conversation wide open if anyone wants to wax poetic on all things Art or bitch about working from home. 🙂 

🙂

Can imagine his wife getting pissed off if he has turned to practicing his art inside the house  🙂

That said being the secretive nature of his art I might have thought social distancing would not be an issue ?

Totally agree though, he defines art in the early 21st century.

Cheers

That is so cool, I dare say my wife would be really annoyed if I tried something like that mostly because I can't draw anything more complex than a stick figure 🙂 I wonder what the artists of the world are going to produce while in iso, will it be dark and foreboding, light and fanciful or something not seen before.

I'll be in the fortunate position of having to work from home beginning next week with weekly trips into work, the down side of working in a school doing IT support, the plus side is I still have a job to go to.

1 minute ago, Quazar said:

I wonder what the artists of the world are going to produce while in iso, will it be dark and foreboding, light and fanciful or something not seen before.

maybe this ?

https://mymodernmet.com/gerbil-art-museum/

or this ?

https://hyperallergic.com/555970/woman-creates-an-art-gallery-for-her-lizard-with-american-gecko-and-the-birth-of-gecko/

The problem is, he's going to have to rip the bathroom wall out and have a new one put in.

Posted (edited)

Fumes are wonderful in an enclosed space...............that reminds me..........a guy at my school was the first one in Australia to cark it  from sniffing glue/paint!

edit - one of my faves........

Edited by LogicprObe

1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

Fumes are wonderful in an enclosed space

what gets me is housepainters who smoke.

Also, re the OP, the only work I'll be doing at home is the usual stuff that keeps us clean and moderately healthy .

I don't recommend banksy style art for people renting . The landlord likely will be a massive critic ... just sayin'

That is so cool !!  .... but I wouldn’t want it in my bathroom !

I admit working from home felt difficult at first,  but 2 weeks past and it felt like normal, after which I realised there was nothing I needed to do for my job that couldn’t be done from home. Just needed to establish a different routine.  I suppose I’m lucky that my employer has provided some brilliant remote working tools and services.

I now absolutely love working from home and they will have a hard time dragging me back into the office after social distancing restrictions are relaxed.  Work from home became painful only when schools started remote learning. These impromptu facilities obviously did not take bandwidth into consideration and are the main hog on internet services currently, especially out in the country where fixed wireless and 4G are the only options.  Didn’t have an issue before home school started.

I’ll be glad when children go back to school, but for reasons different to parents and teachers.

The only thing I miss is our regular visits to the local pub .....

• Like 1

This has been my preferred method of working for quite some time now - home or other remote site.  What this has done is made my colleagues adapt to this way of working, making my life significantly easier.   

Only downside is that my workload has somewhat increased, but that's a product of the times - would be the same whether I was at home or in the office.

• Like 1