Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Ben Mansill

The Atomic era concludes and we were magnificent

30 minutes ago, Rybags said:
44 minutes ago, eveln said:

m going to miss Cybes's dry dinner ... so dry you could scrape it off the wall behind your head  😞

Don't know why, but that's how I read it until 3/4 through the sentence.

hahha .. have you not eaten yet ? 

Thanks Flouncy, Atomicmpc has been a most awesome rollercoaster ride

Plenty of memories!

Borrowed forklift: 

Pants pants ice cream pants

*throws around the confetti*

• Like 6
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 4

31 minutes ago, censor said:

Ahh, what a shame. Good memories here. Especially me in a tie 🤣

-Kathleen

I think perhaps you be Famous. we never met or conversed . you had become even in absence ,and that's how I recognise the name and possibly the mention of the tie 😉

• Like 1

Just now, eveln said:

I think perhaps you be Famous. we never met or conversed . you had become even in absence ,and that's how I recognise the name and possibly the mention of the tie 😉

I think the word you're looking for is infamous 😝 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mac Dude said:

I haven't worn this T, now I wonder if I can find someone small enough to fit into it. 🤨

T3.jpg

I was wearing one of mine around Bunnings on Saturday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, censor said:

I think the word you're looking for is infamous 😝 

Oh no. you were lauded always. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

Nothing much to do but enjoy it to the last I guess but the place led to a lot of friends and catchups courtesy of the insane amount of travel I used to do.

Despite your allegedly living in SA I don't think we ever did manage to get you to come to a meet 😛

Maybe it's not too late!

2 minutes ago, eveln said:

Oh no. you were lauded always. 🙂 

Awww shucks.

Funnily enough the other night I was searching my email for something and came across the email about my banning here.

Good times. 🙊 I miss the innocence and fun, but not the obnoxiousness 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, censor said:

Awww shucks.

Funnily enough the other night I was searching my email for something and came across the email about my banning here.

Good times. 🙊 I miss the innocence and fun, but not the obnoxiousness 

ahhh ... well I think the obnoxiousness is what kept it going tbh 😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Found my way on here as a teenage youth more than half a lifetime ago. I have to admit I wondered if atomic would still be here after we all died, it was a tenacious community.

Made a lot of friends here, lost a lot of them too, but the ones that I've retained to the current day are some of the best people I've ever known and I would be poorer for not having known them. In that sense I guess I couldn't have found them without being here and owe that to here.

I've moved on by and large now, and probably for the best on a personal level, but there were some wonderful memories and people here, and I'll miss 'em.

The Manta

Edited by aquilus
*died, not tied
  • Like 5
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

12 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

I was wearing one of mine around Bunnings on Saturday!

Tied over, Daisy Duke style was it ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Tied over, Daisy Duke style was it ?

Just about!

Either the T has shrunk a bit or my gut has expanded!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sir_Substance said:

Despite your allegedly living in SA I don't think we ever did manage to get you to come to a meet 😛

Maybe it's not too late!

🙂

I think we did meet once when I was visiting but I do live here now, moved about 18 months ago and sure, still possible to catch up 🙂

If memory serves we met at a pub somewhere on the western side of Adelaide and my nephew was playing guitar, unless I have you mixed up with someone else  🙂

If it helps Cybes was definitely there that evening.

Cheers

6 hours ago, DEVERE said:

I've met a couple... Wacus whom I knew for a while before realising he was a member here a long time ago,  he's moved back to Tasmania now, Takoma, Midnighter, Chrisg, Lazzarus2nd, LordBug, Darkmatter (RIP buddy), Caelum, The Manta, MSGT Bilko, fatal-error .... ahhh I've actually forgotten the other usernames simply because I know them on facebook by their real names.... Met a few of the PAC many years ago at Tak's place.

IMG_0383.jpg

• Like 3

It is indeed sad to see the site go - a lot of great memories indeed!!

Although I didn't post that much with this new account, many old-timers likely remember me as Emperor_Matej_I. Been a member of At0mic since about age 15 or so and am nearly 33 now - so more than half my life!

Thank you to everyone who made this community so great - the influence that many of you had on me during my adolescent years and the love of technology that was fostered through my membership of these forums has helped bring me where I am today, for which I am extremely grateful. Thanks to my time on At0mic, I am a much more tolerant, balanced and self-respecting individual than I would have been without this community. Although my life has been full of its fair share of ups and downs, I am now in a pretty awesome place mentally, physically and spiritually. I also have a kickarse job in the IT industry that pays well, lets me work from home and has me doing what I love every day.

If it wasn't for the many inspirational stories I've read on here and some of the awesome friendships I've forged, I don't know whether I would have ultimately made the decision to switch from a legal career that I began to find increasingly boring, depressing and negative to the positive & creative IT career in which I currently work. Although I have other, non-At0mican friends who also helped me make this transition, my lifelong love affair with technology was cultivated significantly through my participation in this community. I was always a geek when growing up & it was great to have a place where I could post, discuss & learn about tech with such an amazing group of people. I also appreciate how tolerant this community has been, even when I used to say very stupid stuff as a teenager when I was still coming to terms with myself.

So long to everyone and thanks for all the fish (and the pineapples and Witchking helmets, of course). No doubt I'll catch many of you on Facebook, Reddit and/or Discord. In fact, now that At0mic is moving to FB, I'll probably be online more, since social media is something I tend to check during "executive time", even though I rarely put the time aside to post on forums these days. 🙂

Peace, love & God's blessings to you all! ❤️ And please stay safe & stay home during these strange times!!

• Like 7
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

55 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

I think we did meet once when I was visiting but I do live here now, moved about 18 months ago and sure, still possible to catch up 🙂

If memory serves we met at a pub somewhere on the western side of Adelaide and my nephew was playing guitar, unless I have you mixed up with someone else  🙂

If it helps Cybes was definitely there that evening.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure we first met at a pub in Perth or Fremantle - I think when I was on uni holidays or something of the sort!

It has been such a long time - this thread has brought up a lot of nostalgia!!

5 minutes ago, ArchangelOfTheLamb said:

I'm pretty sure we first met at a pub in Perth or Fremantle - I think when I was on uni holidays or something of the sort!

It has been such a long time - this thread has brought up a lot of nostalgia!!

🙂

It has been a long time. Meets in Perth were always a bit more difficult for some reason to get happening but I do recall one in Perth, not sure about Fremantle.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

If memory serves we met at a pub somewhere on the western side of Adelaide

Oh yeah, you're right, that was the Wheatsheaf! Tangible proof of your existence was provided, I forgot 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir_Substance said:

Oh yeah, you're right, that was the Wheatsheaf! Tangible proof of your existence was provided, I forgot 😄

🙂

The Wheatsheaf it was - no, I still exist  🙂

Cheers

29 minutes ago, Takoma said:

IMG_0383.jpg

Such an excellent photo Takoma. I know who two of you are , but I'd be guessing the others... just a really great shot imo. thanks for it

13 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

It has been a long time. Meets in Perth were always a bit more difficult for some reason to get happening but I do recall one in Perth, not sure about Fremantle.

Cheers

I'm actually not sure if we met at a meet per se, or if we just decided to meet up at a pub lolz. After I started uni, I was only in Perth during holidays, so I'm not sure if I actually went to any At0mic meets in Perth (though I certainly attended a few here on the East Side).

1 minute ago, ArchangelOfTheLamb said:

I'm actually not sure if we met at a meet per se, or if we just decided to meet up at a pub lolz. After I started uni, I was only in Perth during holidays, so I'm not sure if I actually went to any At0mic meets in Perth (though I certainly attended a few here on the East Side).

Duuno, it has been quite a while but I think there was one at The Moon & Sixpence.

Cheers

2 hours ago, MrFriendly said:

I guess that part of life and growing up though, looking back and cringing at your behavior. I certainly do. 

Some of the dumb shit we would flame each other over 🤣

In some ways, it almost makes sense this would happen along with Covid, while every aspect of live is being changed and shaken up by this thing...

To all those I lost contact with over the years, and to anyone I managed to piss off or fell out with, hope ya'll are doing OK through all this. 

Hey. I remember you. You were pretty ace. I'll bet you still are 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEVERE said:

Ahhhhhh I’ve been looking for that pic xxx

🙂

And Middy is still no taller.

🙂

I'll have to let him know the news.

Cheers

• Haha 1