Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
eveln

Just shy of a month ...

What do we do ?

Just stop and clear out now ?

Create havoc and mayhem breaking every rule of the FAQ ? ... the desire is there, I gotta say

I don't know what to do , but I do know it feels decidedly strange to just keep posting like Ben didn't make that other thread ...

I loathe long drawn out good byes. But I do not want to preempt it either

Procrastination

I could have just put this in the WOYM thread but well I thought lets just make another useless thread for posteriors sake 😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eveln said:

What do we do ?

Just stop and clear out now ?

@Chaos.Lady and I are happy to keep playing our support roles, but other people have put up some options, too.  Ultimately, the community is where people are prepared to congregate, and some people have expressed different preferences for what platforms they will and won't use.  This forum has always been the common ground, the lynch pin holding it all together. 

So, personally, I think some mix of posting as usual, and deciding what to do in 5 weeks time, when this isn't the default for some people and some conversations.  And that's part of why we still have more time here - Joe and Ben wanted us to have the chance to say long lost hellos, and farewells, and give us all a chance to use this common space to organise where else we do (and don't) want to hang out with (and hang shit on )each other going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nich... said:

@Chaos.Lady and I are happy to keep playing our support roles, but other people have put up some options, too.  Ultimately, the community is where people are prepared to congregate, and some people have expressed different preferences for what platforms they will and won't use.  This forum has always been the common ground, the lynch pin holding it all together. 

So, personally, I think some mix of posting as usual, and deciding what to do in 5 weeks time, when this isn't the default for some people and some conversations.  And that's part of why we still have more time here - Joe and Ben wanted us to have the chance to say long lost hellos, and farewells, and give us all a chance to use this common space to organise where else we do (and don't) want to hang out with (and hang shit on )each other going forward.

Yeah I know. <said tearily >

Still stunned when I made the thread is all

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eveln said:

lets just make another useless thread for posteriors sake 😉 

like a thread for talking out of our arses?  :D

10 hours ago, hulkster said:

What did I miss ??

10 hours ago, hulkster said:

Oh. I see.  Fuck.

cheer up.  it could have been much worse.

at least theyre not bringing back the Green Code.

• Haha 2

Just now, @~thehung said:

like a thread for talking out of our arses?  😄

see, I figured most just thought it was a another one of my many typos ... figured it might be you, should anyone bother to respond 😛

34 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

cheer up.  it could have been much worse.

Oh fuck!

Oh my goodness, what a time that was. And yet again, another battle Ben fought for us ❤️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

You can’t. It’s been banned under The Hague Convention.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

what was the green code ?

8 hours ago, Nich... said:

@Chaos.Lady and I are happy to keep playing our support roles,

New goal: force nich and chaos.lady to ban everyone before the shutdown happens.

• Like 1

When the magazine changed hands it was decided to charge to be able to use the Green Room - either pay direct or enter the Green Code which was included in each magazine (gave access for a month?)

As a Hero at the time I think I got free access - in those days probably less than 50 people would have had the freebie.

Turned out to not be popular and attendence dropped somewhat for a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir_Substance said:

New goal: force nich and chaos.lady to ban everyone before the shutdown happens.

< shoves Sir_Substance firmly back into his igloo and padlocks the door >

3 minutes ago, eveln said:

what was the green code ?

It’s hard to describe in words but I suspect there’s a strong correlation between prolonged use and joining ISIS.

1 minute ago, Rybags said:

When the magazine changed hands it was decided to charge to be able to use the Green Room - either pay direct or enter the Green Code which was included in each magazine (gave access for a month?)

As a Hero at the time I think I got free access - in those days probably less than 50 people would have had the freebie.

Turned out to not be popular and attendence dropped somewhat for a while.

Ohhh right. not marketing's finest hour then  ... it's funny, but over the years I've heard the Green Room get continually dumped on , and yet management still thought charging to post in it was the go ... lol

4 minutes ago, eveln said:

Ohhh right. not marketing's finest hour then  ... it's funny, but over the years I've heard the Green Room get continually dumped on , and yet management still thought charging to post in it was the go ... lol

Ben hated it, and did his best to prevent it.  in the end, quite a number of people who had formed the very soul of the forum never returned. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, @~thehung said:

Ben hated it,

Yes. elvenwhore made that apparent earlier

3 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

in the end, quite a number of people who had formed the very soul of the forum never returned. 

a ginormous pity.

13 hours ago, Sir_Substance said:

'Force' implies you'd be making us do something we don't already want to... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Someone educate me on the current rules about NSFW....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, censor said:

Someone educate me on the current rules about NSFW....

If you can't post it on FB, you can't post it here.

🙂

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

If you can't post it on FB, you can't post it here.

🙂

Sweet, so it depends on who your friends are then, and if they report it? 😉 

At least it's not 'If you can't post it on Instagram you can't post it here' because that narrows it down 😁

Doesn't help me either way, I don't have Facebook, so can't post anything on it 😞 😂

Edited by censor

4 minutes ago, censor said:

Sweet, so it depends on who your friends are then, and if they report it? 😉

We have around 3 weeks left to go.  It probably doesn't even depend on who reports it. 😛  But give me a couple of hours and I might be able to help you out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chaos.Lady said:

We have around 3 weeks left to go.  It probably doesn't even depend on who reports it. 😛  But give me a couple of hours and I might be able to help you out.

Shall we do an OG Atomic Nekkid????

Go out with a bang??