Jump to content
Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
elvenwhore

Come for a walk down memory lane...

Recommended Posts

So we've heard the sad news. 😞 

 

But Atomic means many things to many people, and all of us have memories of our time spent (and misspent, and ill spent!) over the years. There's been moments of pure gold, moments of heartbreak and heartache and heart warming, moments of hilarity. Things that only Atomicans can understand, things that only Atomicans will remember. Things that could only ever have happened here, with all you gloriously magnificent people 🙂 

 

Personally, to my dear BrisAtomicans (when you're not piking), I salute you all. This was my first Atomic meet, ever ❤️  This was one of our many Zombie Walks featuring my favourite traffic controller encounter 😉 This was my most recent RL meet, Meet 17 - but we will all make it so that it was not the last!!!

Atomic meets are one of the things I'll remember (and miss) the most. Fun fact about the first Atomic meet I ever went to - it was held in Captain Burke Park under the Story Bridge. In 2013, I ended up living just a couple of blocks away from this park, and I used to walk there most days when my daughter was a newborn, and took her there to play all the time. Small world 🙂 The first time I got on a plane, I did so for an Atomic meet in Sydney. And, years later, Meet 17 was my first overnight away from my little girl 🙂 

 

So who's up for a walk down memory lane before we log off for the last time? What kind of gold can we dig up from the web archives or our hard drives?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damnit elven. There are way too many pictures of me in those photos of meet 17. 😛

 

I'll have a dig through my archives tomorrow and see if I can find the most embarrassing stuff to put up.  I have a lot.

 

I should still have the files I used to make the photo album signature books from that meet hanging around somewhere at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Damnit elven. There are way too many pictures of me in those photos of meet 17. 😛

 

I'll have a dig through my archives tomorrow and see if I can find the most embarrassing stuff to put up.  I have a lot.

 

I should still have the files I used to make the photo album signature books from that meet hanging around somewhere at the very least.

 

At least i dont think there are any from Newcastle meets... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

 

At least i dont think there are any from Newcastle meets... 

 

 

Uhhhhhhh, I think you might be wrong there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙂

 

I'm certain he is... Focus might be another story...  🙂

 

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

 

I'm certain he is... Focus might be another story...  🙂

 

Cheers

 

 

 

Medication time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok - you asked for it.

 

Here is a completely random album of pics pulled from all over the time-space continuum.  It's nowhere near the complete collection BTW.

 

I will organise some proper albums soon, but this aughta tide you over.  Plenty of blackmail material in there. 🙂

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ipYGpyLbcRRTbVCn9

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe how young I was when I came to those first meets until I see those photos. But we all were really.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smithjoe1 said:

It's hard to believe how young I was when I came to those first meets until I see those photos. But we all were really.

🙂

 

You had newborn pimples you were so young. 🙂

 

Although, we NEVER snuck you into any pubs.  We were FAR too responsible for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Ok - you asked for it.

 

Here is a completely random album of pics pulled from all over the time-space continuum.  It's nowhere near the complete collection BTW.

 

I will organise some proper albums soon, but this aughta tide you over.  Plenty of blackmail material in there. 🙂

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ipYGpyLbcRRTbVCn9

Wholly shit. Wow. 

Look at all the young nerds 🙂

 

Oh and the shitty monitors  LOL

Edited by hulkster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I would've given anything to have attended one of those meets, but the logistics getting me over from NZ to Oz and back in my wheelchair were beyond me.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if this belongs here or not, but what the hell.

 

For her 21st birthday I took my eldest, who was briefly an active member, went by Kidra I think, to Melbourne for Comicon or one of those comic festivals.

 

It was a present she was still talking about five years later so I guess it was well received, would be over 12 years ago now. Fredz was very happy to escort her around the festival whilst myself and Globe went off to Vic Markets to line up some food for a get together that evening at the Motel. Quite a few turned up, cannot remember everyone but Robzy and Kimmo I do recall plus Globe of course.

 

It was a pretty good evening but a remarkable amount of food was donated to the Motel staff, not sure if I over-catered or everyone was more interested in drinking 🙂

 

Next day we had a smaller drinks get together in the city which was also fun. My clearest memory was when daughter wanted to get going, something about needing to hit a bookshop I think and I idly asked MrF where i could find a cab. He looked at me as if I was a bit crazy and said .. "anywhere man." See, that more reminded me of London, Perth people then and as far as I know now don't really hail cabs in the street, they go to a rank.

 

Next day we left via Tiger to go to Adelaide to see my folks, would have been the last time my daughter saw her grandad, then back to Perth.

 

It was a great trip with Globe acting as taxi driver for some of it, driving in his usual near supersonic manner. Another funny memory was him suddenly slowing down and when I wondered why he told me we were in Toorak and he couldn't afford to hit a lawyer  🙂

 

Must give him a call...

 

Cheers

 

 

 

  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrisg said:

It was a great trip with Globe acting as taxi driver for some of it, driving in his usual near supersonic manner. Another funny memory was him suddenly slowing down and when I wondered why he told me we were in Toorak and he couldn't afford to hit a lawyer  🙂

 

 

You got in a car with Globe driving?  Are you insane?

 

He picked me up from the airport with Gramyre in Melbourne when I went down for GibFragCon.  Oh dear lord...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

 

You got in a car with Globe driving?  Are you insane?

 

He picked me up from the airport with Gramyre in Melbourne when I went down for GibFragCon.  Oh dear lord...

 

 

🙂

 

I've driven with him several times - perhaps I have a death wish... 🙂

 

To be serious he is an outstanding driver but how he has not been ticketed clean off the road I do fail to understand. My daughter is sort of used to fast driving, I'm hardly slow myself, did not phase her at all 🙂

 

Cheers

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

🙂

 

You had newborn pimples you were so young. 🙂

 

Although, we NEVER snuck you into any pubs.  We were FAR too responsible for that!

 

I need to find that photo from m33t 4 with all the baby faced teenage crew who snuck in that year lol. We were all 16/17. Smithjoe was in it, Elise/Kuraid, and me!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 9:14 AM, Chaos.Lady said:

Ok - you asked for it.

 

Here is a completely random album of pics pulled from all over the time-space continuum.  It's nowhere near the complete collection BTW.

 

I will organise some proper albums soon, but this aughta tide you over.  Plenty of blackmail material in there. 🙂

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ipYGpyLbcRRTbVCn9

No need for blackmail, I'll out myself.

I'm in one of those pictures wearing a blue tye-dyed shirt THAT I AM WEARING TODAY. FFS. I've gotta learn to let shit go! 😄 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, elvenwhore said:

No need for blackmail, I'll out myself.

I'm in one of those pictures wearing a blue tye-dyed shirt THAT I AM WEARING TODAY. FFS. I've gotta learn to let shit go! 😄 

 

They don't make them like they used to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys had an Atomic themed rage room?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, GTAV6 said:

 I would've given anything to have attended one of those meets, but the logistics getting me over from NZ to Oz and back in my wheelchair were beyond me.

 

Make sure you join the reddit\discord and arrange us a NZ meet?

 

Give it like a full year or so of notice and you'll possibly get a turnout 😄 

Bet the airlines will be scrambling to get people to "risk" flying again in the next 18 months.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nich... said:

You guys had an Atomic themed rage room?!

I’m pretty sure that was one of the FrisbeeMark comps they would run at early lans. 
 

Old pieces of kit was brought in and thrown as far as possible with the furthest getting a prize. I think it started with a hard drive and grew from there.
 

This eventually moved to just the wanton destruction of all sorts of kit.  Escalation, thy name is atomic. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

I’m pretty sure that was one of the FrisbeeMark comps they would run at early lans. 
 

Old pieces of kit was brought in and thrown as far as possible with the furthest getting a prize. I think it started with a hard drive and grew from there.
 

This eventually moved to just the wanton destruction of all sorts of kit.  Escalation, thy name is atomic. 

 

 

I think the destruction event Cheeky is partaking in may have been at BaiLAN.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

 

I think the destruction event Cheeky is partaking in may have been at BaiLAN.

 

 

Yup, that was the first BaiLAN in 2003 haha!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, chrisg said:

For her 21st birthday I took my eldest, who was briefly an active member, went by Kidra I think, to Melbourne for Comicon or one of those comic festivals.

 

It was a present she was still talking about five years later so I guess it was well received, would be over 12 years ago now. Fredz was very happy to escort her around the festival

 

You forgot to mention, I was living near St kilda at the time... so i was a St Kilda escort! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Yet still on my best behavior 😄
Say hi to Globe and your daughter for me! 🙂

Edited by fredzfrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×