Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hulkster

It's time to spill your guts

Seeing as we have a few weeks left here's a chance to spill your guts.

I had 2 Alts.  Grandpa was one.  One was a chicks name I have forgotten. 

I took NO pleasure in banning anyone. Except when I banned moz twice because I could.

I spent far far too many hours here and it may have helped my marriage fail. ( Not the forums, me on the forums  🙂  )

The mods cave is or was full of some of the funniest banter I have ever been involved in. 

I miss Virt, moz, even 1shot though he did give me the shits a bit lol

So......over to you.

• Like 4

Christmas Ferret and Easter Ferret I think they were.  Probably had a combined total under a dozen posts.

They got wiped by the migration first time over, so maybe 2008?

Didn't find reason to create any others.

• Like 1

Having been in Blighty since 83 I wouldn't have known about At0mic if it hadn't been for Stan Tsigos (or was it his brother?) aka Bodie_Ci5 posting about here on the Amiga Forums.

So I had a liqqle looksie and here I be many moons later.

I would've loved to have attended some of the "Eyeballs"  but (sadly) Australia is verbotten after a..uh..."old flame"  (in W.A) kind of appeared on the scene.

The "old Flame" being the very reason I left Oz in the first place  (She married someone else out of the blue)

What the actual.... ???

Yeah.. Wot I sed (Amongst other things !!)

Put it this way....The missus didn't take kindly to  her reappearance when she learned "Who" she was !

Anyway.. At0micMPC became my "go to" for Aussie life and still is although sadly it's nowhere near as busy as it was.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

<- Lollipop Girl iirc.

No idea if that account still exists.... wasn't used for long

Edited by DEVERE
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was just Kathleen...I think. Then this one. 

After Kathleen I don't think I had the balls to come back, given the last two paragraphs of Ben's email were (which I accidentally found a few nights ago looking for something completely different)

Frankly, I don't want to spend the rest of my life at Atomic dealing with complaints about you, nor do I want to be depressed each time I see a thread degenerate into hatred, which is pretty much daily now. Nor do I want to spend another minute pleading with yet another Atomican in pm to stay, because they tell me they are leaving because of you.

We gave you your chance, you blew it

😫

Edited by censor
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Leonid said:

My real name is Karl and I’m a communist.

As if we didnt know that !  

🙂

• Like 1

I couldn't possibly remember or list all the alts I've had over time.

A few I created to hide my writing submissions as I wanted honest feedback untainted by who I was known as.  I wrote a Uni assignment profile piece on David Hollingsworth which I posted under an alt.  Then there were some creative writing comps and poetry stuff.

A few I created just to see if the Mods would eventually tip that it was me.  I got away with it more often than not. 😛  They had a lot less tools to play with in those days.

There were a couple I created to post stuff I wasn't comfortable posting as "me".

I don't think I created any just to shitpost.  But it's somewhat possible. 😛

• Like 1

I only ever had one alt, "99bottles", for a brief period right back in the early days, which was mostly only used to mock people for rank spam.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Far, far too many. The Great Jafar and Xenu being my most prominent ones. The rest were kind of done on a spur of the moment kind of thing for a particular scenario, and to be honest I kind of got waaaay too carried away in hindsight.

7 minutes ago, aquilus said:

Far, far too many. The Great Jafar and Xenu being my most prominent ones. The rest were kind of done on a spur of the moment kind of thing for a particular scenario, and to be honest I kind of got waaaay too carried away in hindsight.

I remember Xenu.  And the great Jafar rings a bell.

21 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

.  Then there were some creative writing comps and poetry stuff.

We made beautiful poetry together lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hulkster said:

We made beautiful poetry together lol

We did.  I think I actually found most of that the other day.  I should go looking for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hulkster said:

I spent far far too many hours here and it may have helped my marriage fail. ( Not the forums, me on the forums  🙂  )

Yeah, can relate. Didn't lose a marriage over it thankfully but my involvement with the place was getting quite unhealthy.

Getting myself banned might have been good for me in that sense.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, aquilus said:

Yeah, can relate. Didn't lose a marriage over it thankfully but my involvement with the place was getting quite unhealthy.

Getting myself banned might have been good for me in that sense.

The pull power the forums have/had over the years remarkable.

Atomic. The 8th wonder of the world . 

I know Virt wont mind if after all these years we tell the truth about him.

We don THINK he was a real alien....

Edited by hulkster
  • Haha 1

I was the Atomic Bot, that kept automatically replying to peoples posts in General Chat (although i feel like that already got outed at the time). People were so suss about whether it was a real person or some kind of messed up AI, because one of the mods (I can't remember who) was helping me make things weird by deleting my post count constantly, so I never went above Serf. People lost their shit at the time. That was fun. 

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 3

16 minutes ago, Amiga4eva said:

I was the Atomic Bot, that kept automatically replying to peoples posts in General Chat (although i feel like that already got outed at the time). People were so suss about whether it was a real person or some kind of messed up AI, because one of the mods (I can't remember who) was helping me make things weird by deleting my post count constantly, so I never went above Serf. People lost their shit at the time. That was fun. 

That mod was that hairy fucker Moz. 

Funny stuff.

19 minutes ago, hulkster said:

That mod was that hairy fucker Moz. 

Funny stuff.

As I recall, there were a couple of mods who - at the time - found it less amusing 😛  And thought I - or someone else - had hacked into the back end to fiddle with the post counts :P. 

I remember using 'dirty milk' and the enchanting wizard of rhythm. I do t think it was for any reason in particular. 

I had one alt.  'Raditaion', or some bollocks...rarely used it.

I just want to know if Jeff Spicoli was an alt, or a real dude.

Man, we had some fun evenings...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, hectorbustnuts said:

I just want to know if Jeff Spicoli was an alt, or a real dude.

Oh yeah. I cant remember if we could tell or not. 

And that guy who had the devil av or something. It's on the tip of my tongue. Also man of few word and man of one word. 

Just adjust all those into names that actually took place instead of what I remember. 

No alts here

When I first joined I think some thought I was an alt  ... I just never had the desire or need for one tbh.

• Like 1

+1 eveln

one of me is enough... some may consider it one too many

• Like 1