Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hulkster

It's time to spill your guts

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

And that guy who had the devil av or something. It's on the tip of my tongue. Also man of few word and man of one word. 

Just adjust all those into names that actually took place instead of what I remember. 

Man of few words was an alt.  I wish I could remember of who... I have a strong feeling it was a super tho. 😞

I thought we did eventually determine Jeff probably wasn't.  But again, the memory is weak...

The first time I wrote an article for the atomicmpc website, they didn't have any budget to pay freelance writers, not a penny, so Ben sent me a box of cool stuff from around the office. Collectors editions of Warcraft III and other games, gaming paraphernalia (I recall a set of S.T.A.L.K.E.R shot glasses?) and other bits and bobs. It was one of the coolest boxes of anything I've ever received, and completely unnecessary because I would have written for free. 

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

And that guy who had the devil av or something. It's on the tip of my tongue. Also man of few word and man of one word. 

Just adjust all those into names that actually took place instead of what I remember. 

Man of one word was Virt...I think. 

I never had any alts............until I got banned.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, hulkster said:

Man of one word was Virt...I think. 

Man of one word.  Yeah, that was Virt.

Man of few words was someone else. 🙂

🙂

Virt spent a while crafting up General something I think, sort of styled on the Drill Sergeant in "Full Metal Jacket."

When done he handed the alt. around to the mods to play with - had its moments.

I only ever had one alt. to act as a judge in the cooking comp. styled on the Muppet Swedish Chef, that was fun, so was the comp.

I never really ever thought of Spicoli as an alt. he just dropped by as he wanted to but really enjoyed his cooking. Seemed too 3D to be an alt. but I could have been wrong.

Cheers

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Virt spent a while crafting up General something I think, sort of styled on the Drill Sergeant in "Full Metal Jacket."

Ohhhh.  I remember General Chat!  That was a great alt.

12 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Ohhhh.  I remember General Chat!  That was a great alt.

🙂

General Chat it was !!  🙂

Cheers

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

tbh, your alt made me cringe , it was tooooo cutesy

2 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Man of one word.  Yeah, that was Virt.

Man of few words was someone else. 🙂

Nope, other way around. I always thought Virt was Man of Few Words (although that smiley face suggests you know otherwise), but manofoneword was me. That was fun.

Other than that, I had a couple of one-off gimmick alts that I can barely remember. Sybil, I think, got used to convince people that Worms/Saponification was my sister...? I probably had others, but nothing I can remember.

1 minute ago, The Fuzz damn you! said:

Nope, other way around. I always thought Virt was Man of Few Words (although that smiley face suggests you know otherwise), but manofoneword was me. That was fun.

Other than that, I had a couple of one-off gimmick alts that I can barely remember. Sybil, I think, got used to convince people that Worms/Saponification was my sister...? I probably had others, but nothing I can remember.

No, Man of Few Words definitely wasn't Virt unless I'm completely wrong about who Virt was...

And that's right - it was you!  I remember now.  We originally suspected it was Virt because of an IP oddity, but you and he used the same telco network IIRC.

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

If you start writing your list now, you might finish it before the forums close down...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I am Takoma, Katoma, teh_ghey, Batman, and Rainier. Amokat wasn't me, that was 800_series. 

I hosted TinBane's avatar on my own imgur account for ages and therefore had tremendous fun changing it on him by uploading a new avatar to the imgur account with the same filename.

My first kiss with my (now ex) wife came during a threesome with her and another forum member at an Atomic event at my house. 

I still have every avatar I ever made, for every member I ever made one for. I still have every shoop I ever shooped, every meet photo I ever took, and every one of the comparison pics I made between @Amiga4eva and Justin Timberlake. 

I kissed @Taranthor after losing a bet stacking fifty cent coins at a pub in Sydney. Was perfectly fine. No regrets. 

I was quite friendly with a mod when V3 was coming out and they were sending me screenshots of the work in progress and discussing the upcoming changes, which I was led to believe was a bit of a no no. I remember there was a bit of an avatar thing going on with people in the know at the time, I added a third eye to my mushroom and there it remains. 

Such was the quality of the Perth Atomic crew that after years of warning people not to press the conspicuous house alarm button in my hallway, no matter how drunk they got, how much it became a meme, and despite actually having a joke button purchased for me by @Caelum, which I've still got in my bookshelf, no one ever pressed it. That's respect for a guy's house and I respect that shit utterly. 

My one formal mod warning was from @Mac Dude and it was completely warranted. 

I still use my Atomic stubby holder. It's next to my keyboard right now. 

Most telling though, and make of this what you will, every IRL friend I presently have is from Atomic. And that's no bullshit. 

a4e_jt.jpg

Edited by Takoma
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

4 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

@deedee  Awe How cute you thought  we didn't know hehehe  😎  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

tbh, your alt made me cringe , it was tooooo cutesy

As the fuzz alluded to................there were a lot of them.

I'd get pissed and either forget  to use the VPN or not adhere to the posting style of the alt!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Takoma said:

My first kiss with my (now ex) wife came during a threesome with her and another forum member at an Atomic event at my house. 

Woah, woah, woah... I've NEVER been to a forum meet of that calibre 🤯

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, censor said:

Woah, woah, woah... I've NEVER been to a forum meet of that calibre 🤯

No! No! No!........................pics or it never happened!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I actually don't recall having any alts, except perhaps one or two that I created for very targeted trolling (don't remember the exact circumstances). 

I do remember spending way too much time arguing about stupid stuff & purposefully taking unpopular positions on issues not always because I necessarily agreed with what I was saying, but often just because I knew it'd trigger people & perpetuate flame wars.

I also remember trolling Christians (well, just about any religious types except Pagans and Satanists) a lot, which is somewhat ironic now considering my current religious beliefs.

Fun times! 😂

Edit: And no I don't count this account as an alt. I made this account is because I couldn't remember my original password or recovery email and CBF'ed trying to recover it, especially as I was starting a new chapter in life & so was happy to let the old account remain inactive.

Edited by ArchangelOfTheLamb
Clarification
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

I'd get pissed and either forget  to use the VPN or not adhere to the posting style of the alt!

sounds like the Logicpr0be  I knew of old. ;) 

• Haha 1

I'm going to call bullshit on Hulkster. I know for a fact he had at least one more alt.

It was HuIkster with a capital I instead of a lower case L. It was used a a joke to trick people into thinking Virt made him into a serf. I used that information to make my only alt, lhsan for serf memes. Which ironically is pretty funny since one of my pet peeves was the amount of people who would quote me or pm me and they would write Lhsan...

• Haha 2

I had one alt: PC Bandwagon.

I remember how just the name pissed one member off so badly.... ah good times.

• Haha 2

Just one used a couple of times only : AntiSandyVaginaMan

😐

• Haha 2

No alts for me, on any platform.  I'm sure one of me is quite enough for everyone - and sometimes more than enough for me as well. 😛

Never banned.  One mod warning; entirely justified - I gave the line in the sand a hefty nudge and I knew it.  Kinda expected one a couple of other times, but... <shrug>