Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hulkster

It's time to spill your guts

I have this vague memory of creating an alt for a specific post, but damned if I can remember what it is or what it was for. I can't even be sure that it isn't a false memory. 

I don't have any other confessions. I'm just boring and getting old.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, @~thehung said:

Wow. I have no memory of that and I don't make it to anywhere near a 46. Wow. I don't even know why I would say I was LOL

*edit* I didn't read the full OP. 2 points per yes. I would say I'm still a 46 then. I haven't done any naughty things since that post which I hadn't tried already 😄

Edited by SacrificialNewt

I believe I never had an alt.

One of me was more than enough.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I never created an alt (that I remember), but elvenwhore is not my first account. I changed names a couple of years in, but said nothing because I didn't post enough for it to make a difference 🙂 

I came here with my two housemates at the time, two guys I'd also gone to high school with; segger and ColdBurn. Most of the BrisAtomicans know segger but ColdBurn didn't stay for long*. He's not a rules guy 😄 

I was the one who wrote the review for The Witcher 2 in Atomic, it was credited to "EW" by David 😄 

So many awesome Atomicans I wish I'd kept closer contact with, but let contact fade away because insecurity told me not to bother them and I listened to that 😞 

edit: *he stayed long enough to participate in an Atomic Nekkid Comp and I'd completely forgotten that but Chaos posted about it and I saw the picture and now all the memories are coming back! 

Edited by elvenwhore
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

19 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

As the fuzz alluded to................there were a lot of them.

I'd get pissed and either forget  to use the VPN or not adhere to the posting style of the alt!

Some of my more... nostalgic memories of being a mod involve me trying to figure out who your next alt was. Any new member (or an old, barely-active member with a suspiciously new posting style) posting in "Audio" was a pretty big red flag.

Good times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think I stayed under my rock for way too long .... I never had a single alt.  Instead, I frequently tip-toed around under anonymous login.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Time to spill, I guess:

On 15/05/2020 at 10:10 AM, Outcast_Aussie said:

Having been in Blighty since 83 I wouldn't have known about At0mic if it hadn't been for Stan Tsigos (or was it his brother?) aka Bodie_Ci5 posting about here on the Amiga Forums.

I think @Bodie_CI5 may've been the reason I set up an account over on EAB.  I think we caught up a few times, at a beerathon maybe but probably at some of the official Amiga announcements and things that booked physical space back in the mid 00s.  I haven't seen him back here since the magazine folded, in '12, and it looks like my EAB account may've been purged.

On 15/05/2020 at 7:30 PM, Chaos.Lady said:

Ohhhh.  I remember General Chat!  That was a great alt.

Can't have been that great, if it's sitting there banned with 0 posts - who pissed off Moz? 😛

On 15/05/2020 at 9:34 PM, The Fuzz damn you! said:

Other than that, I had a couple of one-off gimmick alts that I can barely remember. Sybil, I think, got used to convince people that Worms/Saponification was my sister...? I probably had others, but nothing I can remember.

I was just catching up on this thread, and going through the list of my alts, and wasn't sure who else had a Sybil.  Apart from mischief and mayhem, I can't remember why we did it - just the concept behind it of MPD/DID.

On 16/05/2020 at 1:35 PM, elvenwhore said:

So many awesome Atomicans I wish I'd kept closer contact with, but let contact fade away because insecurity told me not to bother them and I listened to that 😞

Aint that the truth 😞

I have 20 accounts on here.  I've used perhaps three of them as my 'main' account to post from, over the years.  This and one other were obviously linked, the third - Miss Kitty Fantastico - was an attempt at avoiding some drama.

Of the few single-purpose accounts I had, baby jesus still has a few posts on this version of the forums.  Bannedwagon, *confetti*, Sybil (well, I owned two of the Sybil accounts and there were maybe 5 all up), and one of the old AAWC Judge accounts haven't been used since the 2008 migration.  

I always found it frustrating that, for a while, any new account was harassed as if it was an alt and it was peoples' god-given right to know who they really were.  I'm sure a few former mods find that comment strange, given some of the shenanigans I used to get upto with alts that probably helped burn some good will.

Also, @Foods isn't really a girl.

Also, @Ihsan has never made it to any version of Immortal as the ceiling lifted over the years, but I have been banned, so maybe that's a tie.

Also (last also), for at least a large chunk of the first decade of this place, I was a temperamental, erratic, emotional mess at times, so thanks to the people that put up with my shit, those that helped me grow into a better person, and especially those that stuck around and kept in contact when I was determined I wasn't worth it.

Also (fooled you), we didn't put up an announcement thread - and I'm not sure if we will, with the time left - but we ummed and ahhed and wagged our chins for a long time about whether we should bring another mod on-board - and who we'd even pick - with the forums being so quiet.  As soon as the suggestion of @scruffy1 came forth, tho', there was no doubt it was the right choice.  Sorry you were dumped in at the deep-end at closing time.

• Like 4
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

2 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I always assumed @eveln and @chrisg were your alts, @Nich...

Now I now you be havin' a total lend here fliptopia

Just now, eveln said:

Now I now you be havin' a total lend here fliptopia

Gotta have a laugh before forum detonation. 

5 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I always assumed @eveln and @chrisg were your alts, @Nich...

Look at me, replying to my sockpuppet, when my sockpuppet is accusing me about being two of my other sockpuppets.  This is normal.  This is fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Actually, there have been some sockpuppets on the forums in the past.  I can see why it may've been done and I don't know if it was done maliciously, but it caused some ill-will for a little while.

Soooo many accounts Nich ! Talk about split personality syndrome ... ffs that's just tiring

Sway is Flip's latest, who is Walt's latest, who is chrisg's latest, who is your latest, who is Aioth's latest alt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nich... said:

Sway is Flip's latest, who is Walt's latest, who is chrisg's latest, who is your latest, who is Aioth's latest alt.

now don't get all shirty !  I read what you said in your post about it being no one's biz who the alt might be ... but like that's just not gunna stop me from asking is it ? 😛

I don't have an alt, never have. Not cos I'm better than any alt, but cos basically it's just tiring enough being me without having to pretend to be someone else  ... and since we're in last days here I didn't see it would  be such a secretive issue

5 minutes ago, Nich... said:

There are so many fingers inside of me right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Master_Scythe said:

I need to know who Virt was. Thats bugged me, literally for my adult life.

The clues have been there for a very long time.  There have been quite a few more dropped of late.  It won't be easy to figure out, but it isn't impossible. 

6 minutes ago, SwayJizzle said:

There are so many fingers inside of me right now. 

I'm just glad I got first dibs... Or am I? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I'm just glad I got first dibs... Or am I? 

Remember: two happy birthdays. 

Edited by SwayJizzle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

Also, @Foods isn't really a girl.

Some of the funniest stories came from this person who ever they be

1 hour ago, Master_Scythe said:

I need to know who Virt was. Thats bugged me, literally for my adult life.

there are way more important and fun things to think on than that ya know :P 

Aren't you in his vicinity (Brisvegas) ?

The popular story was he got a government job where secrecy is required and no social media presence is mandatory.

But the real truth is, he became a 1%'er bikie gang menber where no social media is also the rule.

video-of-predator-riding-alien-bike-to-w

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1