Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Juggalo Scrub

Well, well, fucking well.

Posted (edited)

How good is the facebook group?  Fair bit of reconnecting, a good amount of capital japes, and whole bunch of people pointing at each others photos saying "wow... didn't you get fat!".  Fun times, if you're not there - you're missing out. 

I mean, sucks the forums are shutting down - but only in that hoarder way where you hold onto things that you haven't used in years but only kept around in the hopes that someday you will use it again.   I did check in from time to time, but it was mostly a bunch of uninteresting people arguing about mostly uninteresting shit.  You'd get the urge to wade in again, but then ultimately - for what?  I was bored when I swung by, why take it out on the others doing what comes naturally?

But, Atomic? That  place was fun.  Oh so much fun.  A thread could fall off the front page of TGR within 15 minutes, such was the level of engagement.  Social media managers today would give their left testicle (or ovary) to have the level of engagement today that Atomic had back then.  But, that is the Atomic that holds such a dear place in our hearts (even if we say/said it doesn't). 

To kiss and be kissed, the fucking and the get fucking, the drinks, the fights, the creativity that was ultimately the underlying cause of the fights (because lets be honest - we all enjoyed a creative flame war), and the meatspace nights that ended about 2 - 3 days later with this strange pain in your jaw.  That was the underlying charm of days long gone by that has brought folks back to eulogise a place, a roast even, if you will, as the inevitable end closes in.  Because, and I’m being real here, the age of the forum in people years?  Well – lets just say it would have died a few weeks back in an anglican nursing home.

So cheers to those who made it what it is.  Cheers to those who went above and beyond.  Whoever it was who made those Atomic case badges – I still have them today.  And whoever the legend was that made those beer steins and shot glasses, I owe you a beer you sexy, sexy person.

Cheers to the Canberra Crew, cheers to the cunts that we don’t speak (or take photos) of, and cheers to the awesome people dispersed around the world that have been great nights out, great hosts, great guests, and the weird fucking bearded taxi driving cunts that you pay in snot blocks.  If it wasn’t for Atomic, you’d never have gotten the opportunity to meet me, and for that you’re all truly welcome.

And I reckon you’re all pretty ace too 😉

Cheers to the staff who churned out content and gave us a reason to get together.  Stepping into each others shoes, replacing one another in the merry go round of editors, writers, staff.  Each time it was a big set of shoes to fill, each time you kept the engine moving.  Especially this one long haired git who trusted me to stand behind the bar once or twice while playing cards, or games that I somehow managed to get knocked out in the first round only to spend the rest of the night bullshitting, drinking beer, and eating pizza.   

<Aside>

True story.  I went to an event one night in North Sydney, not long after returning from training in Thailand and just after busting my knee.  I was on crutches.  The holy water you served that night had me walking without crutches on the way home that night.  And, just like our long haired, sandal wearing, Arabic friend, it took me 3 days to rise and walk again!

</Aside>

Cheers to the event staff behind the scenes.  Some of the loveliest people I’ve ever met.  You guys didn’t know us from a bar of soap, except for our behaviour when we showed up to events.  And despite this, you still sent out invitations to us and greeted us with open arms when we showed up.  I know events, I know there’s a public face you have to put on – but that shit was real.  I haven’t heard from Taline in years, but she’s a fkn legend. 

I think that’s it, yeah?  That’s gotta be everyone on the list worth mentioning…

</cheekybaiting>

Finally, thanks to Atomic for introducing me to some shithead kid that I couldn’t fkn stand.  Thanks also to Atomic for introducing me to this lovely Taswegian woman who took the time out to show that the aforementioned shithead kid was (granted still a shithead but…) worthwhile knowing.  That kicked off one of those friendships that start out as one person not thinking about the other that way before life and relationship changes lead to a perfect opportunity for one to tell the other how they feel and, just like a Hollywood movie, the music swells and a lifelong partnership is cemented.

I mean, it rarely happens in real life (sorry buddy), but it does happen.  We've laughed, we cried, we've travelled, we spent a home deposit in keeping you fed and liquored up at our wedding.  I mean, we bought a place a few years ago.  I guess you could say that shit's getting serious.  All in all, I guess, what I’m trying to say is:

Cheekychops Roxors My Soxors.

So, pop into the facebook group and click “maybe” on the next event.  No judgement, we’re all doing it.  And if you’ve got some sort of inexplicable aversion to doing this, just know that, to date, no one has been able to accidentally launch any missiles by clicking on a profile.  No one has been able to post a happy birthday only to watch a marriage spontaneously combust.  You’ll be fine, you’re not that important to trigger a FBI manhunt just by sharing a spicy meme stolen from reddit.  And besides, reddit is for shitposting and trolling, which – fucking brace yourselves – is likely to occur in the Atomican subreddit. 

Now, who else has a video of a bunch of old blokes taking a piss in the downstairs bathroom (watch those steps, I hear they’re a trip hazard) of the old Paddy’s in the city?  What’s the going rate on TMZ for wrinkly old man cock? 

tehJuggs.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub
because fuck you, thats why.
  • Like 9
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 5

Well if all the fucken funny dudes hadn't left to make money or go to fb or cos they were pissed off ...

Oh and luvly to see you both back here

did you note you got a profane word through in your title ? ... that's progress yeah ?

• Like 1

Oh good grief ... not you again !! ... lol.

And yeah, never thought I’d say this, but agree 100 %.  I really think this place started losing its appeal when everyone was forced into tame behaviour. Good to see you on the forums again Juggs, you have been a treasured sparring partner for many, even if they didn’t realise it at the time.

• Like 4

How did we used to say it...QFT. Yes, that's exactly how it is. It's the edgy, dynamic and sometimes politically incorrect commentary that made this joint move. We spoke unabashedly in here, and sometimes the words offended our sensibilities, but when we met in person we were friendly. Mostly. I can't speak for everyone. Those times were great and I suspect will be some of the last we lose to dementia. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

2 hours ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

tehJuggs.

See you next week for a beer?  Tuesday, maybe?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

</cheekybaiting>

Finally, thanks to Atomic for introducing me to some shithead kid that I couldn’t fkn stand.  Thanks also to Atomic for introducing me to this lovely Taswegian woman who took the time out to show that the aforementioned shithead kid was (granted still a shithead but…) worthwhile knowing.  That kicked off one of those friendships that start out as one person not thinking about the other that way, life and relationship changes leading to a perfect opportunity for one to tell the other how they feel and, just like a Hollywood music, the music swells and a lifelong partnership is cemented.

I mean, it rarely happens in real life (sorry buddy), but it does happen.  We've laughed, we cried, we've travelled, we spent a home deposit in keeping you fed and liquored up at our wedding.  I mean, we bought a place a few years ago.  I guess you could say that shit's getting serious.  All in all, I guess, what I’m trying to say is:

Cheekychops Roxors My Soxors.

I love you,  forever and always, long after this place is deleted and gone, when it's all just a fond distant memory, taking the receipts of our early relationship with it ❤️ I'm so glad I met you here, of everyone in my entire life, meeting you here in the unconventional way we did is amazing. 

Honestly, I never thought i'd get to see Juggs posting again under his main original account. This is such a fond throw back for me, back to the old days, before we even met IRL. Atomic has been so integral to our story, it's hitting me in the feels.

For one last time, we're back together in the hallways of our old stomping ground. The Juggsiest Juggs and the Choppiest Choppy. 

• Like 6
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

@CheekyChops surely it's scrap book material ... people even family centuries on can unearth it and have a good read, chuckle, and cry ... in any order that suits

<3

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, CheekyChops said:

I love you,  forever and always, long after this place is deleted and gone, when it's all just a fond distant memory, taking the receipts of our early relationship with it ❤️ I'm so glad I met you here, of everyone in my entire life, meeting you here in the unconventional way we did is amazing. 

Honestly, I never thought i'd get to see Juggs posting again under his main original account. This is such a fond throw back for me, back to the old days, before we even met IRL. Atomic has been so integral to our story, it's hitting me in the feels.

For one last time, we're back together in the hallways of our old stomping ground. The Juggsiest Juggs and the Choppiest Choppy. 

Would you, like... marry me?

28 minutes ago, eveln said:

@CheekyChops surely it's scrap book material ... people even family centuries on can unearth it and have a good read, chuckle, and cry ... in any order that suits

❤️

Like the epileptic oyster farmer who shucks between fits, or the hooker with dysentery?

Edited by Juggalo Scrub
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, eveln said:

❤️

Hehe it definitely is! I am saving little keepsakes, like screen shots of both our of hero announcements - gonna tell our kids we were online influencers BEFORE instagram influencers ever existed lol 😛 

I have also kept every time either of us appeared in the magazine, or were mentioned in the Atomican column. He won POTM one time, and we both had several mentions in the column and our photos published a few times from meets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

29 minutes ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

hooker with dysentery

My favourite kind. You know that chick's into some dirty shit...

• Like 1

@Juggalo Scrub:  youre a shit-stirrer and a bit full of yourself.  but its mostly for the lulz.  plus, international chris is legit

@CheekyChops: youre just a delight. 

i wasnt a member yet, but i was reading the forums during the saga that led to you guys getting together.  thats something ive never forgotten.  

among a handful of indelible personalities here that were the first to define for me what an internet forum could be, and how Atomic was unlike any other, you guys will forever shine brightly.

respec, and good luck to you both

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CheekyChops said:

Hehe it definitely is! I am saving little keepsakes, like screen shots of both our of hero announcements - gonna tell our kids we were online influencers BEFORE instagram influencers ever existed lol 😛 

I have also kept every time either of us appeared in the magazine, or were mentioned in the Atomican column. He won POTM one time, and we both had several mentions in the column and our photos published a few times from meets. 

And you just watch in a decade or so, grey wispy / frazzle haired Juggalo Scrub choking back the feels when ever one of your clan is ferreting through them ...

pffft ! @Juggalo Scrub ... what's wrong with oyster farmers anyway ?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, Juggalo Scrub said:

...and whole bunch of people pointing at each others photos saying "wow... didn't you get fat!"

I'm better than ever bitch, thank you very much ❤️😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virul said:

I'm better than ever bitch, thank you very much ❤️😛

More handsey than ever, once you have drinks in you 😛

On 5/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, Juggalo Scrub said:

How good is the facebook group?  Fair bit of reconnecting, a good amount of capital japes, and whole bunch of people pointing at each others photos saying "wow... didn't you get fat!".  Fun times, if you're not there - you're missing out. 

Eugh.... this might be the push for me to sign up to facebook....... I REALLY do not want to. It just seems like the temptation to do..... well a lot of stupid posting about things, would suddenly become available everywhere.

Also, while I'm sure through OTHERS comments, they already have  a pretty decent metric on everyone; I don't like the idea of giving them an accurate one.

Perhaps though..... perhaps...

13 hours ago, Master_Scythe said:

Perhaps though..... perhaps...

that shit is e-heroin, man

as one quite ancient (ex-)junkie opined to me in emergency at st. vincents - "the best way to give it up is to never start"

Edited by scruffy1

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

that shit is e-heroin, man

as one quite ancient (ex-)junkie opined to me in emergency at st. vincents - "the best way to give it up is to never start"

Yeah; I would like to be part of the MSN style chat system though.

5 hours ago, Master_Scythe said:

Yeah; I would like to be part of the MSN style chat system though.

Isn't that discord?

8 hours ago, Master_Scythe said:

Nah, discord is more like an oldschool chatroom or multimedia IRC.

As a newbie to discord (3ish days) and once heavy user of IRC, that latter similarity was the first thing that struck me about discord. 'Cept IRC was better organised. 😜